Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby babylurch » 09 Aug 2017, 20:21

Just got back from Pop Aye, a thoughtful, interesting, funny, bittersweet movie about a midlife crisis, with an elephant.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby chrisco » 11 Aug 2017, 10:05

I seen Baby Driver yesterday. Strong start. The opening car chase was treemendous. After that it slowly went downhill until, and the ending dragged too long. It wasn't as bad as a bald story that goes nowhere, but you could have cut 20 minutes off it. Its a 6 or 7 out of 10.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 Aug 2017, 10:11

What snacky snacks did you enjoy at the cinema?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BigJohnStudd » 11 Aug 2017, 12:11

babylurch wrote:Just got back from Pop Aye, a thoughtful, interesting, funny, bittersweet movie about a midlife crisis, with an elephant.

Robin Williams and Shelly Duvall had no on-screen chemistry
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Aug 2017, 09:13

I watched The Founder on ball's favorite content provider. Enjoyable. What was Michael Keaton doing from 2000-2014? Dude just showed back up and everything he's in is great. weird. The first few times the smart McDonald was on screen it was difficult for me to process Ron Swanson without a moustache. Finally, the chick that plays Joan Kroc does it for me. Even though I hated Bloodline.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby babylurch » 17 Aug 2017, 09:18

What was Michael Keaton doing from 2000-2014?

I believe that the answer is cocaine.
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Aug 2017, 09:20

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Aug 2017, 09:22

SouthernYokel wrote:What was Michael Keaton doing from 2000-2014?

His IMDB page is surprisingly full during that time. I think he just probably didn't want to work very hard and could live comfortably off Batman money, so he just did small lazy little projects.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 Aug 2017, 09:48

SouthernYokel wrote:I watched The Founder on ball's favorite content provider. Enjoyable. What was Michael Keaton doing from 2000-2014? Dude just showed back up and everything he's in is great. weird. The first few times the smart McDonald was on screen it was difficult for me to process Ron Swanson without a moustache. Finally, the chick that plays Joan Kroc does it for me. Even though I hated Bloodline.

I watched this too. I enjoyed it. I can't believe they only let me grow a stache when I worked there.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 Aug 2017, 10:15

He was in that crappy Larry David movie. And that crappy Spiderman film. But he was good in the crappy Spiderman film.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Goose » 17 Aug 2017, 10:32

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:He was in that crappy Larry David movie. And that crappy Spiderman film. But he was good in the crappy Spiderman film.

He was Gene, I mean Captain Gene from The Other Guys. Classic performance.

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby ctz31 » 17 Aug 2017, 14:23

Goose wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:He was in that crappy Larry David movie. And that crappy Spiderman film. But he was good in the crappy Spiderman film.

Did someone say Gene? I was going to do a top 5 keaton roles, but he's been in some tremendous crap. The only good films he's been in are beetlejuice, which is his defining role, and that cancer movie. Sheesh. Other guys was good too.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby mj3528 » 17 Aug 2017, 14:25

ctz31 wrote:
Goose wrote:

Did someone say Gene? I was going to do a top 5 keaton roles, but he's been in some tremendous crap. The only good films he's been in are beetlejuice, which is his defining role, and that cancer movie. Sheesh. Other guys was good too.

Night Shift is a national treasure. I loved that movie with the caveat I don't think I have seen it in over 25 years.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Goose » 17 Aug 2017, 15:07

mj3528 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Goose wrote:

Night Shift is a national treasure. I loved that movie with the caveat I don't think I have seen it in over 25 years.

Mr. Mom is also a classic.

ImageImage

I'm a big fan of him as Ray in Jackie Brown and Out of Sight, too.

JLo also does some solid work in the latter.

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby babylurch » 17 Aug 2017, 20:01

mj3528 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Goose wrote:

I rented it a couple of years ago. It held up.
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies