2016-2017 NHL Preview

Re: 2016-2017 NHL Preview

Postby mj3528 » 13 Oct 2016, 10:30

chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Goose wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Well done goose. It was I that demanded this post. I also don't fault you for not watching the stanley cup. After your team was eliminated no one in the country cared about that upcoming series. Great gifs as usual. I will take notes for the next time I go jiffy on that idiot kite.

Sorry ctz.

Eichel first casualty in the Goose Preview Curse.

Keep your head on a swivel fellas.
http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/12/rapid ... s-balance/

Had he just sacrificed being the number 2 pick in the draft, he could have been a junior on what would have been the consensus number 1 NCAA HONKY team in the country. /jokez

Why jokez? NCAA Honky is a completely different game. More elaborate strategy, and fewer preening nogs making it all about themselves.

Honky is the best of all scumbag worlds when it comes to filling rosters...

1. No one cares about the sport. It can almost operate in the dark because there's no SEC boosters calling each other out or a precedent for lack of institutional control.

2. A lot of these kids are drafted before entering into college or while froshes. They are there to be seasoned or put on ice :corn: until they grow up.

3. NHL has one level of minors, but then there's like 4 levels of shadow minors....major juniors, NCAA, overseas, and sometimes USHL. I don't really understand the definition of amatuerism down here, but guys move somewhat freely between the 4...all while being signed to an NHL team.

4. Don't like the team that drafted you? Wait them out at a place like Harvard like our last Hobie Baker winnah and your next 4th line center for the Rangers.

5. The level of competition is pretty damn high and keeps getting better. Every March at least 3 guys quit school and jump into the NHL for the playoff run.

BU restocked their team with 3 or 4 contributing guys in January of last year from the USHL and overseas. I en joy what's happening, but think we are in for another couple years of boundary pushing until one year some team everyone hates (UND) finds the Eichel of Russia and drops them into the lineup in January, wins the NCAA and he then signs with the Red Wings and gets them over in the playoffs, all while only playing 25 games of college hawkey. We then throw a minor shitfit and maybe have to reel some of this back in.

End of day, what I am saying is that NCAA football and basketball are so restricted compared to the shit that hockey can pull off that its ridix. And yes, its a mostly white sport that no one gives a shit about yet.

In the 90s Miami, O tried to become relevant at hockey and admitted a bunch of Canadians. One of my friends became friends with a few players. They never, ever went to class but somehow passed to remain eligible. There were also some rapey problems with these players.

So basically, what 'sco said.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Goose » 13 Oct 2016, 11:08

Gaylord and/or Gaylord2 would be sickened by this lack of thread integrity. Let's get back on track here.

This will be much more brief than the Eastern Conference preview. Most of these teams play games on way past my bed time. Other than the Blackhawks, the rest of these teams are as memorable as these guys.

Western Conference, Central Division

Chicago Blackhawks: Thank TIVO that Chicago plays in the west, since they have players I’ve actually heard of, like Patrick Kane, Jonathan Towes and Marian Hosa. These three lead a very talented team with solid goaltending. I still don’t know how they let some team from Cali get to the Cup.

Colorado Avalanche: This team used to be great in the 90’s, but so was Yasmine Bleeth.

They got a new coach, but he’s not Herb Brooks, so don’t expect any miracles.

Dallas Stars: They suffered a lot of off-season injuries, so that will slow them down a bit. But nothing’s slowing this guy down. He gives zero fucks about injuries.

Minnesota Wild: They probably don’t have enough talent to win it all, but this season is “Win one for the Purple One”

Nashville Predators: Tons of talent, made some big trades to bring P.K. Subban aboard, along with Center Ryan Johnson. A black guy coming to work in a southern town in a predominately white sport, what could go wrong?

St. Louis Blues: #BestFansInHockey. Hot Take: they’re on pace to win 82 games, but I don’t think they can maintain it. Come at me IMS!

Winnipeg Jets: Who? I think this team folded in the 90’s along with the Whalers. :cryingFTT:

Western Conference, Pacific Division

Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks: For some reason I thought that California had four teams (Sacremento Sting?). Anyhow only one of these teams is allowed to be good at once. It’s not going to be the one coached by Emilio Estevez, or the one Janet Jones’ husband used to play for. I’m sticking with the Sharks to win the Pacific, but probably won’t make it back to the Cup.

Calgary Flames: They’re a young talented team that brought in a decent goaltender (Brian Elliot), so they could actually make some playoff noise. Fun fact: they used to play in Atlanta. No better idea than putting a sport that nobody cares about in a town that doesn’t care about sports.

Edmonton Oilers: “Wayne Gretzky isn’t walking through that door!” “Oh, wait. He’s here?” The Oilers signed Gretzky to some kind of shadowy executive position that hasn’t been determined yet. It worked so well when he was running the Coyotes, what could go wrong?

On the plus side, they do have one of the three best young players in hockey and UFC darling, Connor McDavid.
Hopefully Wayne’s daughter will be dropping by to inspire the team:

Phoenix Coyotes: I’m pretty sure this team was contracted and doesn’t exist anymore.

Vancouver Canucks: Include the Sedin brothers and a couple other talented Euros, just good enough to finish in the middle of the pack, but not good enough for anyone to care. Kind of like this NHL preview.

Keep your head up and your stick down, it's going to be a long, tough season.

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Apr 2017, 14:19

We did a playoff pool at work and each got a team from the east and west. I got Ottawa and Nashville. Pretty shitty.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 12 Apr 2017, 14:27

East:
Caps over Leafs in 5
Penguins over Blue Jackets in 6
Canadiens over Rangers in 7
Bruins over Ottawa in 6

Caps over Pens in 6
Canadiens over Bruins in 7

Caps over Canadiens in 5

West:
Blackhawks over Nashville in 4
Wild over Blues in 5
Sharks over Oilers in 7
Flames over Ducks in 7

Blackhawks over Wild in 6
Sharks over Flames in 5

Blackhawks over Sharks in 6

Caps over Blackhawks in 7

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby mj3528 » 12 Apr 2017, 14:30

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:East:
Caps over Leafs in 5
Penguins over Blue Jackets in 6
Canadiens over Rangers in 7
Bruins over Ottawa in 6

Caps over Pens in 6
Canadiens over Bruins in 7

Caps over Canadiens in 5

West:
Blackhawks over Nashville in 4
Wild over Blues in 5
Sharks over Oilers in 7
Flames over Ducks in 7

Blackhawks over Wild in 6
Sharks over Flames in 5

Blackhawks over Sharks in 6

Caps over Blackhawks in 7

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

The Pens and I will beat the shit out of each other so you can face a weakened team in the 2nd round ldotl. You are welcome.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JichaelDick » 12 Apr 2017, 14:41

Caps over Leaves in 4
Pens over Jackets in 6
Habs over Rangers in 6
Sens over BRUins in 7

Caps over Pens in 7
Habs over Sens in 5

Caps over Habs in 6

UPSET: Preds over Hawks in 7
Wild over BLUes in 6
Ducks over Flames in 7
Oilers over Sharks in 6

Wild over Preds in 6
Oilers over Ducks in 7

Wild over Oilers in 6

Caps over Wild in 6
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Apr 2017, 00:24

All 4 games go OT for first time since 1985.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Goose » 05 Jun 2017, 13:55

Game 4 is MONDAY. I'm sure everybody is Flyered up!

I know Tandra is:

Prediction, Preds win Game 4. Also, this thing gets thrown on the ice and crushes Sydney Crosby's gaping vag.

And just for the hell of it (NSFW-ish):

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Jun 2017, 11:16

Goose wrote:Game 4 is MONDAY. I'm sure everybody is Flyered up!

I know Tandra is:

Pros: hot, wants to meet Hugh Hefner
Cons: dog owner, like Two and a Half Men, weird sleeve things make it difficult to judge pointiness of elbows

Tough call...
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 09 Jun 2017, 13:29

Frank the Tank wrote:

I know Tandra is:

Cons: dog owner, like Two and a Half Men, weird sleeve things make it difficult to judge pointiness of elbows

Tough call...

Pros to your cons: wtf? why you hate dogs, you're white! (looks... oh... owns a yorkie and Chihuahua... oh....) if she likes that show, imagine how hilarious she'll find you/me!!! if her elbows were pointy, they'd cut through the fabric

Additional pro: she's "spontaneous" i.e. she'll do it anywhere, anytime
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 Jun 2017, 13:45

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

I know Tandra is:

Tough call...

Pros to your cons: wtf? why you hate dogs, you're white! (looks... oh... owns a yorkie and Chihuahua... oh....) if she likes that show, imagine how hilarious she'll find you/me!!! if her elbows were pointy, they'd cut through the fabric

Additional pro: she's "spontaneous" i.e. she'll do it anywhere, anytime

Here she is on a date with Myyyyyyyyy Bironas, likely before he perished.

Here she is with her dunce, who is a NASCAR driver, Clay Greenfield. Yokel knows what i mean.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Jun 2017, 14:06

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Here she is with her dunce, who is a NASCAR driver, Clay Greenfield. Yokel knows what i mean.

What fuck, man. I mean, really. That guy?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 09 Jun 2017, 14:06

Well his name is just stupid, clay is horrible if you're trying to grow a green field
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Goose » 12 Jun 2017, 08:13

The Predators have become the prey.

They got hosed on that disallowed goal when the referee prematurely blew his whistle.

But let the man among us who hasn't prematurely blown cast the first stone.

It's party time in Pittsburgh.

See you next year.

I'm most looking forward to Theny's next Panther's post somewhere around May 15, 2018.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 12 Jun 2017, 08:47

If that means I'm in the playoffs, can't wait!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

PreviousNext

Return to NHL