chrisco wrote:Dthefritz wrote:chrisco wrote:Goose wrote:ctz31 wrote:Well done goose. It was I that demanded this post. I also don't fault you for not watching the stanley cup. After your team was eliminated no one in the country cared about that upcoming series. Great gifs as usual. I will take notes for the next time I go jiffy on that idiot kite.
Eichel first casualty in the Goose Preview Curse.
Keep your head on a swivel fellas.
http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/12/rapid ... s-balance/
Had he just sacrificed being the number 2 pick in the draft, he could have been a junior on what would have been the consensus number 1 NCAA HONKY team in the country. /jokez
Why jokez? NCAA Honky is a completely different game. More elaborate strategy, and fewer preening nogs making it all about themselves.
Honky is the best of all scumbag worlds when it comes to filling rosters...
1. No one cares about the sport. It can almost operate in the dark because there's no SEC boosters calling each other out or a precedent for lack of institutional control.
2. A lot of these kids are drafted before entering into college or while froshes. They are there to be seasoned or put on ice until they grow up.
3. NHL has one level of minors, but then there's like 4 levels of shadow minors....major juniors, NCAA, overseas, and sometimes USHL. I don't really understand the definition of amatuerism down here, but guys move somewhat freely between the 4...all while being signed to an NHL team.
4. Don't like the team that drafted you? Wait them out at a place like Harvard like our last Hobie Baker winnah and your next 4th line center for the Rangers.
5. The level of competition is pretty damn high and keeps getting better. Every March at least 3 guys quit school and jump into the NHL for the playoff run.
BU restocked their team with 3 or 4 contributing guys in January of last year from the USHL and overseas. I en joy what's happening, but think we are in for another couple years of boundary pushing until one year some team everyone hates (UND) finds the Eichel of Russia and drops them into the lineup in January, wins the NCAA and he then signs with the Red Wings and gets them over in the playoffs, all while only playing 25 games of college hawkey. We then throw a minor shitfit and maybe have to reel some of this back in.
End of day, what I am saying is that NCAA football and basketball are so restricted compared to the shit that hockey can pull off that its ridix. And yes, its a mostly white sport that no one gives a shit about yet.
In the 90s Miami, O tried to become relevant at hockey and admitted a bunch of Canadians. One of my friends became friends with a few players. They never, ever went to class but somehow passed to remain eligible. There were also some rapey problems with these players.
So basically, what 'sco said.