2016 NHL Playoffs Thread

Re: 2016 NHL Playoffs Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 13 Apr 2016, 14:14

Goose wrote:Thanks to all of the insightful previews I'm ready to make my educated picks.

Panthers over Isles
Ning over Red Wings
Caps over Flyers
Penguins over Rangers

Stars over Wild
Blackhawks over Blues
Ducks over Preds
Kings over Sharks

Ning over Panthers
Caps over Penguins

Stars over Blackhawks
Kings over Ducks

Ning over Caps
Stars over Kings

Your 3 time Stanley Cup Champs - The Tampa Bay Lightning

You're claiming the 2004-05 Stanley Cup 'chip, I take it?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Goose » 13 Apr 2016, 14:22

JichaelDick wrote:
Goose wrote:Thanks to all of the insightful previews I'm ready to make my educated picks.

Panthers over Isles
Ning over Red Wings
Caps over Flyers
Penguins over Rangers

Stars over Wild
Blackhawks over Blues
Ducks over Preds
Kings over Sharks

Ning over Panthers
Caps over Penguins

Stars over Blackhawks
Kings over Ducks

Ning over Caps
Stars over Kings

Your 3 time Stanley Cup Champs - The Tampa Bay Lightning

You're claiming the 2004-05 Stanley Cup 'chip, I take it?

Have to. Chips are rare in Tampa. Think of it like boxing (or wrestling in your case JD). You keep the belt until you're defeated in the ring.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby TheWolf » 13 Apr 2016, 14:24

But no matter how long you hold that belt, they still only call you a one-time champ.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 13 Apr 2016, 14:26

TheWolf wrote:But no matter how long you hold that belt, they still only call you a one-time champ.

Yeah, but one two-year reign is > two three-month reigns, IMO.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Goose » 13 Apr 2016, 14:31

TheWolf wrote:But no matter how long you hold that belt, they still only call you a one-time champ.

Thanks for destroying my paper thin analogy.

JichaelDick wrote:Yeah, but one two-year reign is > two three-month reigns, IMO.

Thanks for trying to prop up my paper thin analogy.

Kudos to everyone.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Apr 2016, 23:20

Dthefritz wrote:Hey, nonhockey fans: do you ever wish that Steph Curry played a sport where being a whiny soft pussy is actually looked down upon and had the added sense of entitlement of being anointed the future of the sport whilst a teenager? Then you're going to love Sidney Crosby!!! Everything is there: the phenomenal talent, the adolescent facial hair, the mouth guard chewing, the looking like he's about to cry when things don't go his way. And nut punching. Hard for me to determine whether sburgh will win another cup bc I've yet to work whether God is nonexistent or malevolent. Give me some time.

Sadly, for the purposes of this series, I think the injuries to mcdonagh, Girardi et al. will cripple the blueline and they can I'll afford that against these guys. Lundqvisthero will push this series to 7, and maybe they can steal it, but they'll be sitting ducks in round 2. Zuccarello for president of Norway-Italy.

Jesus mothercockfuckingsucking tittymohammedjesusbuddha fuck. Way to jinx these assholes. Of course Lundqvist gets hurt. Of fucking course. When everybody else was hurt and was our only hope of even eliminating these assholes (for the third year in a row, I know I fucking know I should be happy we eliminated them the last two years) he gets hurt. And now I get to feel guilty about it because you less stupid than me assholes but still stupid assholes guilted me into making a post about it.

Speaking of stupid assholes, it's Rick Nash! Fucking up a line change. A line change. On the power play. Letting Fiveburgh (get it their called 6burgh in football, but they scored 5 goals tonight. not my best work, but my best work still sucks so cut me some slack) go up by 2 and basically pull away.

Rick nash needs to die. You could score 78 goals a season by screening the goalie and using your spider sense on deflections that no other human being could possibly even see coming. Or just getting garbage rebound goals. And you know, every once in a while doing a nifty move and burying a slapshot in the back of the net. But noooooo...you have to unleash your inner Kovalev and do fancy stickhandling tricks 70,000 feet from the net so you can hopefully get on the front page of nhl.com with your sweet highlight goal. And then give up a goal by fucking up a line change.

I swear...if there was a single athlete in all of sports who was as goddamn talented and goddamn retarded as Rick Nash, but you know, black, then Greg's Kite would have a Pulitzer prize winning 90,000 word collection of all his posts about said talented retarded black athlete. But he's white. And a retard. And goddamn I hate him so much. Fuck the universe and everybody who breathes during the day. Fuck.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » 13 Apr 2016, 23:35

Sorry, DTF. Shit luck.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Apr 2016, 06:59

Dthefritz wrote:
I swear...if there was a single athlete in all of sports who was as goddamn talented and goddamn retarded as Rick Nash, but you know, black, then Greg's Kite would have a Pulitzer prize winning 90,000 word collection of all his posts about said talented retarded black athlete..

Flirting with me will get you everywhere. ;)
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Apr 2016, 08:04

Oh Pittsburgh and New York are playing? Here's hoping for the not-so-happy ending here!

but serially, those pens jerseys were assault, fuck them
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 14 Apr 2016, 13:59

Irelanders uber alles.

Gonna go fo, fo, fo fo.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Apr 2016, 20:59

Question:

The folks at the Stars-Wild gaming wearing the Minnesota North Stars sweaters - which squad are they pulling to?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Apr 2016, 22:36

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Question:

The folks at the Stars-Wild gaming wearing the Minnesota North Stars sweaters - which squad are they pulling to?

Wild. The North Stars-Stars thing still pisses a lot of Minnesotans off IIRC. Basically Norm Green taking away the "Minnesota-ness" of the franchise by pushing "Stars" right before the move to Dallas.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Goose » 15 Apr 2016, 10:50

GO LIGHTNING!

Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Apr 2016, 09:26

Goose wrote:GO LIGHTNING!

That blue is sharp. Take notes, OKC Thunder.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Goose » 18 Apr 2016, 11:54

At the end of last night's game there were several hard (but mostly legal) hits between both teams. Once the horn sounded there were several pile-ons and punches thrown, kind of like Game 2.

Game 2 Finish:

The highlight of Game 3 was Brian Boyle squaring off against noted pedophile and cheap shot artist Justin Abdelkader (somehow this guy is American):

But the Red Wing/NAMBLA member refused to drop his right glove (for those not familiar with hockey fights, this is the biggest pussy move in the sport) and took a punch at Boyle. Boyle countered with a couple of stiff jabs with his bare fist. The ref broke it up because the boy-lover pulled a "no mas" and refused to fight. Allegedly his hand was taped and fighting with a taped hand could be punishable with a game suspension. From the video it looked like he had one piece of tape on his pinky, which isn't close to being the same as taping up your hands to fight.

VERDICT: PUSSY

After skating off Boyle either called Abdelkader a chicken or was celebrating his pugilistic victory with Gob's chicken dance.

Anyway, the Ning are up 2-1 and I think me and my boys will be ready for Game 4 tomorrow night.

Puttin' on the foil! Every game! Yeah, you want some?
Goose
OG's sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to NHL