Chicago Blackhawks - Dr J
Colorado Avalanche - Farva
Dallas Stars - babylurch
Minnesota Wild - MTM
Nashville Predators - Angus
St. Louis Blues - IMS
Winnipeg Jets - Speedwagon

No odds bc who cares.

IN the words of Eric the Actor, you know what to do.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: NHL 15-16

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Oct 2015, 16:59

The Pittsburgh Penguins are a hockey franchise. They traded for Ron Francis and Ulf Samuelsson a quarter century ago and won a Stanley Cup.

<insert babe pic here>

Those players don't play anymore so now there's some Crosby dude. He's ok or something. Over I guess.

<insert second babe pic here>
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 05 Oct 2015, 14:41

Vancouver Canucks

Last season: 48-29-5, 101 points. 2nd in Pacific Division. Lost in 1st round to Calgary in 6 games.

Gone: G Eddie Lack, D Kevin Bieksa, D Ryan Stanton, F Zack Kassian, F Nick Bonino, F Brad Richardson, F Shawn Matthias

In: F Brandon Prust, F Brandon Sutter, D Matt Bartkowski

Most considered last year's playoff appearance a bit of a fluke, and after some puzzling offseason moves, most expect the team to fall back down to earth this year. Solid assets like Eddie Lack and Kevin Bieksa were given away for late round draft picks, and the "big" trades in the offseason were the equivalent of trading 6 of one for half dozen of another. None of this changes the fact that the core guys like the Sedins, Miller, Burrows, Higgins, Hamhuis and Vrbata are on the wrong side of 30, and Hansen and Edler both turn 30 this season. The only decent young guy returning is Bo Horvat.

Final roster moves were made today, and it looks like two teenagers that were drafted in the first round last year (Jake Virtanen and Jared McCann) have made the team, as well as Sven Baertschi, who was someone else's first round pick a few years ago, and was acquired by the Canucks at the deadline last year.

So it looks like they are likely caught somewhere in the middle between a rebuild and one last run for the old guys. Too crazy for boys town, too much of a boy for crazy town. If the young guys are studs, I could foresee another playoff appearance, albeit with a low seed. Likely they will miss the playoffs though.

Go team.

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Oct 2015, 07:33

BOSTON BRUINS

These fackin guys ah fackin loosahs. /ogie

Truth be told, I will be giving zero fucks about this team until the nail down the 8 seed and get b-humped by the Canadiennes and PK Subban's long, luscious, delicious 14 inch black hog.

Yeah, this preview sucks, but so does regular season hockey. So here's some hot chicks to quell your disappointment.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 07 Oct 2015, 09:11

BUFFALO SABRES

My Buffalo Sabres finished last year with a cool 54 points. Enough to nail the #2 pick in the draft, and good enough to sucker the Edmonton Oilers into taking the inferior player available in the 2015 draft, Connor McDavid. WE quickly nabbed up Jack Eichel, who experts are already predicting may end up being the better player career wise. nbd.

I did some research and this years total for me is 76.5. Intriguing. Not often that teams can make a 23 pt jump in one year, but it's also not often that the team making the jump wasn't BLATANTLY fantanking the previous season. Bear with me. We had to work hard to get that 54 point total, trading a goalie away anytime they played decent. And Arizona STILL almost caught us. But alas we persevered and did it.

To say that this is exciting times in the Queen City, would be a gross understatement. We are fired up. Our Bills are flying high again under the calm tutelage of one Rex Ryan. And our Sabres are on the up and up. Right now everyone is balls deep in an intense discussion on what our song should be in the arena for when we score all the goals. The two finalists are DJ Cool Let me Clear my throat, and some Sword song. I can't be bothered to look it up. Music huh?

As for the team, my word. Eichel has already shown flashes of greatness in the preseason, and as a 21 year old stud, should pay immediate dividends. We also picked up a plethora of other talent. Evander "Patrick" Kane and his POA women, Ryan "Cyril" O'Reilly, and I think a new goalie. We also have some tremendous young talent, that is expected to make the leap. Including Tyler Ennis, Sam Rienhardt and Zemgus Girgensen, or something like that.

We should certainly have growing pains, but I am expecting to see high flying, balls to the wall, never say die excitement from this team. I think we bang the over easy, and push for a playoff spot in Jeichal's first year with the big squad. I'll be attending on Monday against MJ's Blu Jackets, as well as two other games. Gotta support the team.

The play is OVER.

ctz31
#nnf

Postby JT99 » 07 Oct 2015, 09:46

In 2012 and 2014, the Los Angeles Kings won Lord Stanley's Cup and these bros know how to celebrate...

What they don't know how to do is play in year's that end with odd numbers as they missed the playoffs last season.

A third ring would fit right into the team's plans...

The Kings added winger Milan Lucic, defenseman Christian Ehrhoff and backup goaltender Jhonas Enroth. "Milan" sounds like a guy who can play but I'm not feeling "Christian" or "Jhonas". Minimal impact.

Goalie Johnny Quick is one of the best in the game as are defensemen Drew Doughty and centers Anze (hello?) Kopitar and Jeff Carter, who sounds like he'd be playing left field for the Braves, not skating around on the pond.

They are talking big because they got to "rest" last summer but that's just spinning-type things that some front office lawyer like Bacon came up with as a marketing slogan. The truth is, these bros are motivated by the same thing that gets all our motors running...

Winners get chicks

Farva knows what I mean

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Oct 2015, 09:53

Who doesn't love the Detroit Redwings, named after the famous work boot?

They're going to be a real contender this year. Lots of new talent to compliment Stevy Y, Sergei Federov, and Slava Fetisov out there. Chris Osgood remains as solid as ever in net.

Pretty sure Justin Abdelkader might still play for these guys, and he's a former Cedar Rapids Rough Rider, so we know he's good. Half face girl knows what I mean.

In any case, the OVER is the obvious play here.

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Oct 2015, 09:58

Montreal Canadiens:

If FB were alive, I might actually try. He's not. They should be good, maybe even good enough to get to the conference finals (if they can get past the pesky Lightning and Red Wings), but not Stanley Cup good. P.K. Subban is both fantastic and hilarious and Carey Price is a fantastic goalie.

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Oct 2015, 13:49

Flyers

Claude Giroux? Check

Jake Scoracek Voracek? Check.

A Goalie of some sort? Sure, why not.

Even though Philadelphia has been named the toughest place to play in the NHL by Paul Gianta of the Sabres, locals have forecasted this to be a tweener year for the Fly-Boys. Sources are predicting them to finish between 7 and 10 in the conference. I have to say that I don’t see it that way. Claude Giroux is one of the best most overrated players in the league, from the 1 or 2 times I’ve watched him play. I think they missed the playoffs last year, and I don’t see a reason that this trend won’t continue. I know our Coach, whoever he is, will have the fellas ready for the season. But I see us as a year away from being a year away.

If you don’t think that B is from WT DelCo, you don’t know Flyers female fans. God they’re trash.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 07 Oct 2015, 14:49

Arizona Coyotes

Why do I keep getting Arizona franchises? I've been to the Phoenix airport, that's it!

Anyway, Wayne Gretzky used to coach there before his wife got into Pete Rose'ing, here is his daughter

Anyway, these guys are not good and will continue to be not good

analysis!

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby mj3528 » 07 Oct 2015, 17:37

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

O/U 98.5 PTS

CENTERS

The Blue Jackets have talented young centers in Ryan Johansen and Boone Jenner. I am not sure who will anchor the 3rd line.

LEFT WINGS

The big addition here is Brandon Saad from the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks. Their captain is left winger Nick Foligno, so you know he is good. Scott Hartnell is also good. He used to play for the flyers. Matt Calvert will get in fights.

RIGHT WINGS

This is one of their week spots I think. Cam Atkinson, and Rene Borque are pretty meh. Jared Boll gets into fights.

DEFENSEMEN

Fedor Tyutin is still on the roster, and always seems like he should be better than he plays. Jack Johnson might be their most talented player and is going through bankruptcy since his parents stole all his money. Ryan Murray and David Savard are young and have potential. I don't know the other guys. They do not have a deep and talented top 6 defenseman so this may be a problem.

GOALIES

Sergei Bobrovsky, or "Goalie Bob", is very good and keeps them in most games. His health has been an issue. Injuries to him and others derailed last season. Curtis McElhinney is a serviceable back-up. They have some young goalie prospect I forget who needs some more time in the minors.

The Blue Jackets had 89 points and had a dreadful start. I think they increase the point total so bang the over.

Now Blue Jackets:
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 07 Oct 2015, 18:37

mj3528 wrote:Fedor Tyutin is still on the roster, and always seems like he should be better than he plays.

Still? Cats. IronicallyCoincidentally, we traded him for Nik Zherdev who's exactly the same way.

Briandong79 wrote:retty sure Justin Abdelkader might still play for these guys, and he's a former Cedar Rapids Rough Rider, so we know he's good.

We also know he's good, because he's one of many sports heroes of mixed West Slavic/levantine Arabic descent. This is a thing that people other than me care about, I assure you.

RANGAHHHHS!!!!!

Defense? Still awesome.
Goaltender? Still awesome.
offense? mediocre due to the departure of marty saint lewis

Yicky aussie accent doe

Dthefritz
tl;dr

Return to NHL