2014-15 NHL Season

Re: 2014-15 NHL Season

Postby chrisco » 28 Oct 2014, 14:38

Gregs Kite wrote:Image

Alice, flapper, whatever the girl with the shoulder things is.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Oct 2014, 14:50

chrisco wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Image

Alice, flapper, whatever the girl with the shoulder things is.

Pretty sure that's Buzz Lightyear.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Oct 2014, 15:04

i enjoy the flapper because she looks sooooooo dumb. that face...that is what the dumbest puppy in the litter's face would look like if you turned it into a hot human blonde.

stick with me here, it makes sense inside my brain.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 28 Oct 2014, 15:08

SouthernYokel wrote:i enjoy the flapper because she looks sooooooo dumb. that face...that is what the dumbest puppy in the litter's face would look like if you turned it into a hot human blonde.

image the IQ of the kid if you 2 proceated
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Oct 2014, 15:09

SouthernYokel wrote:i enjoy the flapper because she looks sooooooo dumb. that face...that is what the dumbest puppy in the litter's face would look like if you turned it into a hot human blonde.

No no, that works. You're on target here.

mini-top hat though. yes.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Oct 2014, 15:16

Buzz > Alice > flapper #sns
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Oct 2014, 15:26

Yeah, there's definitely a vacant look there.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Oct 2014, 19:03

buzz's face with alice's boobs and flapper's intelligence, game set match
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 31 Oct 2014, 09:11

I watched OT of the Bruins-Sabres game last night. They kept referring to some rules changes that happened this offseason, and something called a "long change." Could one of the resident hockey goons please explain these changes to me so I can pretend I understand when I watch 3 or 4 more games this season?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2014, 09:20

TheWolf wrote:I watched OT of the Bruins-Sabres game last night. They kept referring to some rules changes that happened this offseason, and something called a "long change." Could one of the resident hockey goons please explain these changes to me so I can pretend I understand when I watch 3 or 4 more games this season?

each team defends the goal that is farther from their bench in OT. it's supposed to make them more tired (because they get stranded in the defensive zone) and more likely to give up a goal so they don't have as many shootouts.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 31 Oct 2014, 09:22

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I watched OT of the Bruins-Sabres game last night. They kept referring to some rules changes that happened this offseason, and something called a "long change." Could one of the resident hockey goons please explain these changes to me so I can pretend I understand when I watch 3 or 4 more games this season?

each team defends the goal that is farther from their bench in OT. it's supposed to make them more tired (because they get stranded in the defensive zone) and more likely to give up a goal so they don't have as many shootouts.

Interesting. That makes sense now, and explains why the Bruins were able to execute a line change or two while relentlessly pressuring the Buffalo goal for the full minute that OT lasted. Thank you, sir.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2014, 09:25

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Interesting. That makes sense now, and explains why the Bruins were able to execute a line change or two while relentlessly pressuring the Buffalo goal for the full minute that OT lasted. Thank you, sir.

deadspin had an article way back during last season examining goal scoring trends during short-change vs long-change periods. it was mildly interesting and somehow i remembered it even though i watch very little hockey. the other bit i learned from that is that the 1st/3rd periods are short change while the 2nd is long change, and the 2nd period has measurably more goals scored than the 1st because of that (3rd has the most because of goalie pulls and other stuff that messes up analysis). Plus, overtime is 4 on 4 so it should really cut down on shootouts.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 31 Oct 2014, 09:29

I suppose that all makes perfect sense now that I see it written down. I haven't watched nearly enough hockey in recent years, to the point that I didn't even recognize the terms short change and long change. I appreciate the effort to cut down on shootouts though. I think they're much more exciting in theory than in practice. Fast-paced 4-on-4 OT is fun to watch, and ties are :gay: so let's do what we can to get some scoring in OT.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2014, 09:31

TheWolf wrote:I suppose that all makes perfect sense now that I see it written down. I haven't watched nearly enough hockey in recent years, to the point that I didn't even recognize the terms short change and long change. I appreciate the effort to cut down on shootouts though. I think they're much more exciting in theory than in practice. Fast-paced 4-on-4 OT is fun to watch, and ties are :gay: so let's do what we can to get some scoring in OT.

what they REALLY should do is switch the rotation in regulation. 1st/3rd periods with a long change and only the 2nd with a short change. goals goals goals goals goals

shootouts sound great but they take forever. they need a shot clock or something for the goalies to get their asses ready
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Oct 2014, 09:43

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I suppose that all makes perfect sense now that I see it written down. I haven't watched nearly enough hockey in recent years, to the point that I didn't even recognize the terms short change and long change. I appreciate the effort to cut down on shootouts though. I think they're much more exciting in theory than in practice. Fast-paced 4-on-4 OT is fun to watch, and ties are :gay: so let's do what we can to get some scoring in OT.

what they REALLY should do is switch the rotation in regulation. 1st/3rd periods with a long change and only the 2nd with a short change. goals goals goals goals goals

shootouts sound great but they take forever. they need a shot clock or something for the goalies to get their asses ready

In the AHL they're trying out a 7 minute OT where for the first 4 (?) min they play 4 on 4 then the last 3 (again ?) min they play 3 on 3. They've seen a sharp drop in shootouts (in the limited sample size)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Previous

Return to NHL