2014 NHL Playoffs

2014 NHL Playoffs

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Apr 2014, 09:23

The Flyers take on the Rangers. Other than that, I dont know whats going on.

How about a breakdown with predictions, Bigsby or nova?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Re: 2014 NHL Playoffs

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Apr 2014, 09:26

Blues are gonna get their shit pushed in by Chicago in a four game sweep. I think aggregate score of the four games will be 14-2.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 14 Apr 2014, 11:43

Did my Irelanders make it?
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Prez » 14 Apr 2014, 11:50

Mario Speedwagon wrote:Did my Irelanders make it?

Uh, no.
Last place in their division. 5 teams in the east had more points and didn't make the playoffs.

I had to look this up because as usual, I didn't pay attention to the NHL regular season. I'm a big fan of the Stanley Cup Playoffs doe.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Apr 2014, 12:22

I found a seedless bracket.

I also figured out that they are not re-seeding as they go.

Im keeping my eye on that Anaheim/Dallas match-up, you bet your ass.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Apr 2014, 14:16

I'm hopping on the 'ning bandwagon. Shammy, any room in there?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Apr 2014, 22:31

Since they're not re-seeding, my early predictions based off of nothing:

ANA over DAL in 6
LA over SJ in 7
COL over MIN in 6
CHI over STL in 7

BOS over DET in 6
MTL over TB in 6
PIT over CBJ in 5
PHI over NYR in 7

ANA over LA in 7
COL over CHI in 6

BOS over MTL in 6
PHI over PIT in 7

ANA over COL in 5
BOS over PHI in 6

BOS over ANA in 7
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Apr 2014, 22:46

JichaelDick wrote:PHI over NYR in 7

Based on the 4.5 aggregate periods I have seen of Phlyers ice-hockey, they appear to be a talented team with no heart other than occasional half-assed goonery. I am not afraid of anyone other than TRU Czech hero Jakub Voracek.

On the Rangers' side Ryan McDonagh is coming back to bolster a D that was pretty stout even without him. Krieder's injury is disappointing, but we may see some Dan Carcillo minutes which are always fun despite his lack of talent. As always, the key will be putting the puck in net. Fortunately, Chris Mason ain't about dis life. Rangers in 6.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Apr 2014, 13:03

Minnesota over Pittsburgh in the finals that no one will know is happening.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 16 Apr 2014, 13:29

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Minnesota over Pittsburgh in the finals that no one will know is happening.

iT'S THE 91 STANLEY CUP ALL OVER AGAIN!

(looks around)

well it is

:sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff:
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 16 Apr 2014, 14:18

The Columbus Blue Jackets in their 2nd play-off series in their history attempt to win their first play-off game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Penguins beat the Jackets all 5 times they faced each other in the regular season.

The Jackets also do not have the services of wings Nick Foligno, R.J. Umberger, Nathan Horton due to injury and Marian Gaborik due to trade.

Their leading goal scorer was Ryan Johansen with 33. Their defensemen are the best they have ever had with James Wisniewski tallying 44 assists, a solid Jack Johnson and dtf favorite Fedor Tytuin.

In the games I have seen this year, their offense seems decent, but they have inexplicable defensive lapses that require goalie Sergei Bobrovsky to bail them out.

Pittsburgh has the more recognizable names Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin chief among them. Crosby was their leading point scorer with 36 goals, only 3 more than Ryan Johansen, but 68 assists.

Pittsburgh struggle a bit down the stretch due to injuries, but most of their guys are coming back. If they are effective it could be tough for the Jackets.

The only realistic chance for the Jackets is if Bobrovsky is incredible and Pittsburgh goalie Marc-Andre Fleury continues with his post-season struggles.

unfortunately, I don't think that will happen. Penguins in five. She will be disappointed:

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 16 Apr 2014, 14:21

Clayton Bigsby - Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:00 pm: okay, group ass. everyone study up on one series and do a preview. mr. t gets min/colo

Goalies

Colorado's Varlamov set a franchise record in wins and beat his girlfriend. The Wild have a four-headed beast of Bryzgalov, Kuemper, MS Harding, and Backstrom. Probably going with Bryzgalov for the most part. Give the edge to the 'Lanche here.

Defensemen
Wild got a good tandem of Ryan Suter (PS: Is he on the ice?) and future Vezina Calder Lady Byng Norris award winner Jonas Brodin. Some others behind them are decent too. Looks like Colorado's got former Gopher turncoat Erik Johnson and a bunch of nothing. Give the Wild the edge.

Forwards
'Lanche missing something called Matt Duchene. Apparently that's bad for them. Got some hotshot rookie MacKinnon and Paul Stasny and then I'm tapped, I don't know who the rest of these assholes are. I don't even know who this MacKinnon prick is. Wild got more scoring than ever probably, with Parise/Koivu finally doing something/Pominville/Moulson (thanks 'res!)/Granlund coming back/Charlie Coyle and a good grinding line of Matt Cooke/Kyle Brodziak/Nio Nidererertterereterreetttter. I'd say give the Wild the edge here too.

Looks like Colorado's had a horseshoe up their ass all year. Possible it stays there, but I think the Wild are gonna take advantage of being healthier and better at clamping down on D.

Wild in 6

Last edited by MisterTambourineMan on 16 Apr 2014, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Apr 2014, 14:54

Flyers/Rangers

Players: Richter vs Bryz is a matchup to keep an eye on. I also think that St Louis and Lecavalier will be interesting to see. They used to be teammates on some other team.

The Flyers coach is Craig Berube. That I do know. He was some goon from the 80s. No way he can coach.

Rangers in 5.

JK, Flyers in 6.

Nah JK, Rangers in 5 it is.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Prez » 16 Apr 2014, 16:16

Broons/Red Wings

The Bruins come into Lord Stanley's playoffs with the best record in the league with the balance of five 20 goal scorers. They also have Vezina Trophy contender Tuuka Rask between the pipes. The most impressive thing about the B's is their play from the 3rd and 4th lines, these guys keep coming at you and wear the opponent down over the course of a game/series.

The Red Wings are in the playoffs for the 23rd straight year (barely) and look to upset the overconfident #1 seed. They did take 3 out of 4 regular season games and could really excel in the role of underdog. Dooze will be keeping an eye on this and I'm sure writing about it at length in his muckraker some column. *

The pick is Bruins in 6. I don't think Jimmy Howard is on the level of Tuuka, and these playoff series always come down to goaltending.

Also: Boston Strong

* Looks like Dooze hasn't written for the Muckraker since last year. If you want to follow him, here's his Twitter: https://twitter.com/gord93

Still hiding those teeth:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Apr 2014, 19:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Flyers/Rangers

Players: Richter vs Bryz is a matchup to keep an eye on. I also think that St Louis and Lecavalier will be interesting to see. They used to be teammates on some other team.

The Flyers coach is Craig Berube. That I do know. He was some goon from the 80s. No way he can coach.

Rangers in 5.

JK, Flyers in 6.

Nah JK, Rangers in 5 it is.

haha, i enjoyed that. your best work this year.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to NHL