They're baaaaaaaack: The Winnipeg Jets thread

Re: They're baaaaaaaack: The Winnipeg Jets thread

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Apr 2015, 10:03

mj3528 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:New Thread Title: They're gooooooooooooooone

:corn:

Too soon. It's not like the original Jets were some world beaters after the WHA folded.

The Ducks impressed me--I would have about bet anything Winnipeg would win Game 3. That place was insane...

I turned this game on for a bit last night. The place was going nuts. I thought the Jets had to be winning. They were down 3-2. They deserve a high place on your crowd rankings Jike.

Granted, my first-hand knowledge of Winnipeg is not that great, but from my understanding, the Jets leaving in 1996 had more to do with factors outside their control (small-market, revenue in Canadian dollars but having to pay in US dollars, crappy building with no real way to get a new one in time). The fanbase was always rabid, which is partly why I took a liking to them when they got another team--seemed like a devotedly loyal town who was desperate for an NHL team--the Manitoba Moose (the minor league franchise owned by the company that bought the Jets) were one of the best-drawing teams in the minors.

The other thing I give Winnipeg credit for is breaking out the "TRUE NORTH" scream during the national anthem. True North is the name of the company that bought the Thrashers and moved them to Winnipeg. A fan decided that would be a way to show appreciation for getting a team back, and it's stuck...

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Ma ... 664944080/
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 06 Apr 2016, 10:44

Rough season for my Jets, but Winnipeg can at least play spoiler the rest of the way.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Jun 2016, 07:05

Jike. As the board's most inexplicable Winnipeg Jets fan, can you tell me about Jacob Trouba, whom my Bruins are apparently preparing a monster offer for?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 29 Jun 2016, 10:20

Gregs Kite wrote:Jike. As the board's most inexplicable Winnipeg Jets fan, can you tell me about Jacob Trouba, whom my Bruins are apparently preparing a monster offer for?

Decent player, has a load of potential but hasn't quite gotten there yet.

Would be crazy to give a huge deal to at this point.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Dec 2016, 11:29

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Previous

Return to NHL