Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Re: Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Feb 2017, 09:34

Dthefritz wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Goose wrote:Lightning trade Ben Bishop and a late round pick for two guys I've never heard of and a couple of draft picks. Makes sense. Bishop is leaving as a free agent at the end of the year and he's eight years older than Vasilevskiy, who's put up almost the same numbers and is cheaper.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... _ben_.html

Budaj is tied for league lead in shut outs so... not shabby... though 34

Only a fool would trust budaj. Sooner will I find a butterfly with an elephant's dick than a Slovak with bravery in his heart.

not that you're biased or anything
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 28 Feb 2017, 18:34

Dthefritz wrote:
Goose wrote:Lightning trade Ben Bishop and a late round pick for two guys I've never heard of and a couple of draft picks. Makes sense. Bishop is leaving as a free agent at the end of the year and he's eight years older than Vasilevskiy, who's put up almost the same numbers and is cheaper.

Only a fool would trust budaj. Sooner will I find a butterfly with an elephant's dick than a Slovak with bravery in his heart.

Fine. Go ahead and trust the career backup who suddenly is playing well at the age of 34 for the first time ever. And whose national team has gotten bitch slapped in 37 of 50 decision matches against the Lions of Bohemia.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 01 Mar 2017, 08:37

Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Fine. Go ahead and trust the career backup who suddenly is playing well at the age of 34 for the first time ever. And whose national team has gotten bitch slapped in 37 of 50 decision matches against the Lions of Bohemia.

don't recall saying anything about trusting anyone....
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Goose » 24 Mar 2017, 09:17

I've been quiet the last month or so, trying not to jinx our late run. We've managed to do it the last two years and make deep runs in the Cup playoffs, but it looks like we may have broken too late this year coming into the stretch run. We're 6-3-1 in the last 10 but can't seem to get over the hump. I'm not sure if we'll be able to catch the Islanders or the Bruins or even stave of the Canes or Flyers.

On the plus side we beat the Bruins 6-3 last night...

...and it's almost time for baseball to start.

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JT99 » 24 Mar 2017, 09:26

Goose wrote:I've been quiet the last month or so, trying not to jinx our late run. We've managed to do it the last two years and make deep runs in the Cup playoffs, but it looks like we may have broken too late this year coming into the stretch run. We're 6-3-1 in the last 10 but can't seem to get over the hump. I'm not sure if we'll be able to catch the Islanders or the Bruins or even stave of the Canes or Flyers.

SAVAGE
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Goose » 24 Mar 2017, 13:10

JT99 wrote:
Goose wrote:I've been quiet the last month or so, trying not to jinx our late run. We've managed to do it the last two years and make deep runs in the Cup playoffs, but it looks like we may have broken too late this year coming into the stretch run. We're 6-3-1 in the last 10 but can't seem to get over the hump. I'm not sure if we'll be able to catch the Islanders or the Bruins or even stave of the Canes or Flyers.

SAVAGE

My only regret is that it's in the hockey thread and no one else will see it.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby ctz31 » 24 Mar 2017, 14:14

Goose wrote:
JT99 wrote:

SAVAGE

I watched a film about this sitch the other evening. You should peep my review.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Mar 2017, 17:27

ctz31 wrote:
Goose wrote:
JT99 wrote:

SAVAGE

I watched a film about this sitch the other evening. You should peep my review.

There. Movie improved.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Goose » 03 Apr 2017, 10:22

Tuesday night is beef time in Bean town.

The Bolts need three points to catch Ottawa and Toronto and get within one point of Boston. Four teams fighting for three playoff spots. We also get Toronto on Thursday. Of course we'll probably win both and then fuck the dog against Buffalo on the last day to miss the playoffs.

Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Apr 2017, 10:26

Goose wrote:Image

I almost literally do not care that you see the massive implant shifting in her titty. She is pretty.

Also, bring it on, Manon!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Apr 2017, 09:54

Gregs Kite wrote:
Goose wrote:Image

I almost literally do not care that you see the massive implant shifting in her titty. She is pretty.

Also, bring it on, Manon!

Candice Michelle has hit the wall and it makes me sad.

Tampa is so fuckt.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Apr 2017, 20:36

[img]tampamarathonbombing.gif[/img]
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Apr 2017, 06:26

'sup?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Goose » 05 Apr 2017, 15:41

Gregs Kite wrote:'sup?

Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Goose » 19 Jun 2017, 09:11

Late last week the Ning traded one of their best young forwards to Montreal for an 18 year old defenseman. We traded Jonathan Drouin for a guy named Mikhail Sergachev. So, we gave away a guy who had 21 goals/32 assists/53 points last season for a teenager from the minors. We also got their 2nd round pick and gave them our 6th round pick.

Why would we do that?

Sure, Drouin asked for a trade, but that was two seasons ago. He seemed happy once he came up to the big team and played great. Granted, the guy we got is younger and cheaper, but Drouin is only 22 and was cheap enough. We needed help on defense, but we gave away an established forward for a minor league defenseman, so that doesn't make a lot of sense.

As usual, follow the money. Since Las Vegas paid a $500MM franchise fee the team owners agreed to an expansion draft. Each team was allowed to protect 7 forwards, 3 defenseman and a goalie and LV gets to pick one player from each team. So by trading Drouin we got to keep 7 forwards, instead of trying to keep 8 and losing one to LV. And since we traded for a defenseman with no NHL playing time the kid they got doesn't count against the 3 defenseman, so they essentially get to protect an extra guy.

Curiously they kept a 32 year old defenseman and left off rookie Jake Dotchin, but maybe they figure, like 99% of the country, the Knights haven't heard of him either and we'll get to keep him anyway. But the way the expansion draft works the Ning could throw a draft pick to the Knights as an offer to leave our guys alone. So, we'll see how that plays out.

I'm sure everybody's excited to keep up on the cold stove over the summer and are looking forward to next year already.

I know mj is:

Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to NHL