Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Re: Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Postby God Shamgod » 26 Oct 2016, 11:05

Goose wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:According to espn THE magazine, they are the best franchise in all of pro sports.

That's high praise from a magazine that published legends like Bill Simpson, Jason Whitlock, Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.

I can only imagine that the franchise rankings were in some kind of format resembling the Budweiser Hot Seat or Coors Light Cold Hard Facts.

"The Lightning are as pure as a cold mountain stream and their potentials is as high as the Rockies*."

*Not the baseball team

Ignoring all of the snark, it's hard to argue with them. They've fit a lot of talent under the cap and make a lot of money.

Vinnik is a great owner. Especially considering the owners they have had before like the Japanese mob, the Texas oil guy that knew nothing about hockey, and the Producers of the Saw films.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby JT99 » 26 Oct 2016, 11:11

Prez wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Dong is fun, he has fun. Anyway, heres your goalie:

How did the puck get past the mask? Ballz, please explain that to me.

Better do a QC check on that ump mask
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 26 Oct 2016, 11:12

I think the puck smashed the mask into his grill.

(Watched on silent)
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Oct 2016, 11:15

My SIL's cousin once played goalie for the Ning. I don't remember his name.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 26 Oct 2016, 11:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I think the puck smashed the mask into his grill.

(Watched on silent)

I'm a little bit surprised that they don't wear mouthpieces
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Oct 2016, 11:17

Briandong79 wrote:My SIL's cousin once played goalie for the Ning. I don't remember his name.

Looks like it was Mike McKenna.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 26 Oct 2016, 11:19

Briandong79 wrote:My SIL's cousin once played goalie for the Ning. I don't remember his name.

should have been her:

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Goose » 28 Oct 2016, 13:46

mj3528 wrote:

should have been her:

She was ahead of her time, if the internet was then like it is now she could have been the Danica Patrick of hockey.

GIS doesn't give us too much to work with.

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Goose » 04 Nov 2016, 14:23

The Lightning had one of their goals disallowed for "a distinct kicking motion" against Boston (OF COURSE) and ended up tied after regulation. No scoring in the OT, so they went to the shootout. It lasted 10 rounds, which made things pretty tense, but the shooting was sub-par (not a lot of lift on the shots, so it was a long parade of leg pad saves). However, the Ning got a point last night after falling behind 0-2 early, so not a bad result.

11 games in The Bolts sit at #4 in the Atlantic, but are 1st in our hearts the wild card race.

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Goose » 14 Dec 2016, 14:00

The Bolts have lost 8 of their last 10 and now sit at 4th in the wild card race. They're playing like shit and sources say Cooper might be out if they don't turn things around and make the playoffs. For the past two seasons he took a talented, but young, team missing their best player for long stretches to the Finals and Eastern Conference Finals. Sounds like a pretty short leash.

Hopefully Stamkos recovers from the AIDSbola in time for the playoffs and their goaltending sorts itself out. I'll be sure to keep everybody abreast of the situation as it develops.

Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Goose » 16 Jan 2017, 14:12

They're 3-6-1 in their last ten and are now 7th in the wild card. We've gotten bad, like Buffalo bad. We're actually closer to being third in the Atlantic than we are to getting that 2nd wild card spot, but it seems like we're much further back. They look like they're coasting and expecting to have the same results as the last two years.

I was going to go with Audioslave's "Like a Stone" to musically simulate the Bolts season, but it seemed too upbeat.

So we're going with this instead:

A song about a Christmas-time abortion seems to better emulate our year so far. Unless things suddenly turn around and we have a second half like we did last year everybody gets to hit the links early this spring.

In case you're upset I didn't go with Audioslave (said nobody), here you go:

Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Goose » 03 Feb 2017, 14:34

We've gotten bad, like Buffalo bad.

Not even like Buffalo bad. Actual Buffalo bad.

When does baseball start?
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Goose » 27 Feb 2017, 12:53

Lightning trade Ben Bishop and a late round pick for two guys I've never heard of and a couple of draft picks. Makes sense. Bishop is leaving as a free agent at the end of the year and he's eight years older than Vasilevskiy, who's put up almost the same numbers and is cheaper.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... _ben_.html
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Feb 2017, 13:02

Goose wrote:Lightning trade Ben Bishop and a late round pick for two guys I've never heard of and a couple of draft picks. Makes sense. Bishop is leaving as a free agent at the end of the year and he's eight years older than Vasilevskiy, who's put up almost the same numbers and is cheaper.

Budaj is tied for league lead in shut outs so... not shabby... though 34
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Feb 2017, 18:00

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Goose wrote:Lightning trade Ben Bishop and a late round pick for two guys I've never heard of and a couple of draft picks. Makes sense. Bishop is leaving as a free agent at the end of the year and he's eight years older than Vasilevskiy, who's put up almost the same numbers and is cheaper.

Budaj is tied for league lead in shut outs so... not shabby... though 34

Only a fool would trust budaj. Sooner will I find a butterfly with an elephant's dick than a Slovak with bravery in his heart.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to NHL