Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Re: Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 14:02

Gregs Kite wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:you can't seem to grasp team-individual concept, so what can I say? :beatsme: but thanks for shoehorning your way into this, first time for everything for you, isn't there? ;)

I'm the one who keeps reminding you about Ovechkin and his lack of Stanley Cup championships as you sputter out goal stats and other deflections in between Goose decapitating you . I feel like this shows I grasp the concept.

I do not need any reminders nor have I disputed his lack of a team championship and have instead talked about how he is, as an individual, the best goal scorer in NHL history. You have a single drum to beat, probably because you broke all your others, so go ahead and keep beating it. Goose hasn't gotten anything in since you joined he fray to bray and bray and bray. Goose should be in here saying things like Kucherov is only a goal behind while Tampa has played 23 games to Washington's 25. But, instead, you're here with your hard on for me (or white knighting for Goose, who knows???) acting as you always do and really making SOTSG a wonderful place to come and message. Thanks for encouraging people to stick around.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 14:06

You're here. Isn't that enough?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 27 Nov 2017, 14:31

Is Ovechkin actually the greatest goal-scorer in NHL history, or are you just calling him that because you're a fan? Asking because I'm genuinely curious what you're basing that on, and I don't know how to use SOTSG and Bing at the same time.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Goose » 27 Nov 2017, 14:59

TheWolf wrote:Is Ovechkin actually the greatest goal-scorer in NHL history, or are you just calling him that because you're a fan? Asking because I'm genuinely curious what you're basing that on, and I don't know how to use SOTSG and Bing at the same time.

Two things. It's spelled Byng, and Ovi hasn't won that one either.

Although, the Lightning's Martin St. Louis has won it three times. They look nice next to his Stanley Cup AND his Hart Trophy.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby TheWolf » 27 Nov 2017, 15:04

Goose wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Is Ovechkin actually the greatest goal-scorer in NHL history, or are you just calling him that because you're a fan? Asking because I'm genuinely curious what you're basing that on, and I don't know how to use SOTSG and Bing at the same time.

Two things. It's spelled Byng, and Ovi hasn't won that one either.

Although, the Lightning's Martin St. Louis has won it three times. They look nice next to his Stanley Cup AND his Hart Trophy.

That was savage af. Sorry for your lost, LDOT.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Nov 2017, 18:05

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Either way, they're both very good at hockey and two top-5 all time players

One's a two-time Stanley Cup champion. So they're a little different.

Congrats on all those goals, though. How fun.

I know, they are fun, and the point of the game. Ovi doesn't control how good his teammates are, that would be the GM's doing. All he can do is go out and score at unpresidented rates

I have to agree with ldot in the sense that you can't say "hurr durr where's da ringZzzz" and completely dismiss Ovi's career. This isn't the NBA where a guy like lebron can just guarantee a finals appearance by showing up. Lemieux and Gretzky needed an army of HoF teammates to get their chips and it's safe to say Sasha had nowhere near that level of backup.

THAT SAID, even if he is the best pure goalscorer in history, he lacks the well rounded game and hockey IQ of those guys, or even Jagr, and I can't countenance him as a top5 all time player. Not terribly far off, but in the second tier of greatness.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Goose » 25 Jan 2018, 14:58

Looks like the Ning have hit a bit of a mid-season lull, while the Bruins have been hot lately and are within five points (having played two less games).

Our boys still have the league's highest point total and best goal differential. Plus, they've won their last two, so all's not lost yet.

Tonight I've got beef with Balls. I don't want to sound overconfident, but Philly ain't greasing up any light poles in anticipation of a victory.

GO BOLTS!

ETA: 'sup Balls?

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Jan 2018, 00:10

'Sup?

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Goose » 02 Feb 2018, 11:18

JichaelDick wrote:'Sup?

[googles Lightning schedule] [reverse GIS pic]

Congrats to your Jets JD. But I prefer their early 90's unis.

Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Goose » 06 Feb 2018, 10:19

The Ning had their shit pushed in by the Oilers last night. Connor McGregor McDavid had 4 goals and an assist in a 6-2 win.

"He’s one of the best, if not the best for a reason," said Lightning captain Steven Stamkos. "He’s got another gear that no one has in this league, so when he gets skating, it’s tough.

About 60% of the way through the season and things are tightening up between Tampa and the Ice Patriots (5 points and Tampa has three games in hand).
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby ctz31 » 14 Feb 2018, 09:36

Dear The Goose: You loss to the Buffalo Sabres? Minus a Jack Eichel??

ctz31
#nnf

Previous

Return to NHL