Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Re: Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 10:05

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 10:25

Goose wrote:LDot, I did see that. He's setting a blistering goal scoring pace, but it's going to have to regress to the mean at some point.

What mean is that? The one where he's 1 goal away from 20th all time in goals scored and oh by the way he's 32?

Or what about this? Is that good? I think that is good.

Trotz finally got his head out of his ass and put Backstrom and Ovi together again. Goals are gonna rain down from on high! (or they're gonna go back to giving up 5 goals a game because their D is still a dumpster fire as are the 3rd and 4th lines)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Goose » 27 Nov 2017, 11:38

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Goose wrote:LDot, I did see that. He's setting a blistering goal scoring pace, but it's going to have to regress to the mean at some point.

What mean is that? The one where he's 1 goal away from 20th all time in goals scored and oh by the way he's 32?

Or what about this? Is that good? I think that is good.

Trotz finally got his head out of his ass and put Backstrom and Ovi together again. Goals are gonna rain down from on high! (or they're gonna go back to giving up 5 goals a game because their D is still a dumpster fire as are the 3rd and 4th lines)

The mean I'm referring to is his career average of 50 goals per season (assuming 82 games) or 46.5 goals per season if we're discounting the number of games he plays each season. At his current rate he's on pace to get 59 goals, which he's only done once in his career, and that was 10 years ago. So I think he'll regress as the season wears on.

I do have to agree that the comparison to Jagr is pretty good! I like that the reporter made sure to include the number of minutes each player has had on the power play in their careers. Especially since Jagr hasn't been in the top 50 in power play minutes since 2006 (or about 800 games ago) and that Ovi has been a Top 5 PP minutes guy for the last 10 years. It's funny that the more minutes you play on the power play the more power play goals you can score. That's called causation or correlation or something fancy like that.

But since we're only counting power play goals per games played Ovi is bound to catch the retired players ahead of him on that list. Please be sure and post when Ovi scores 19 more PP goals to catch Super Mario. He's going to have to do it in (checks math) -19 games, though. Could be tough.

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 11:58

so will he regress to his .61 goals a game average before or after Kucherov regresses to his mean of .41 goals a game?

That's a lot to include in a tweet, even if the person has 280 characters! Don't worry, Ovi will pass Mario in PPG and total goals eventually ;) If only your fun stat included similar provisions for changes in league scoring! Such as the 1 goal a game greater league average in Super Mario's 85 goal, 199 pt (!!!!) career highs season vs Ovi's 65 goal, 112 pt career high season

Either way, they're both very good at hockey and two top-5 all time players
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 12:42

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Either way, they're both very good at hockey and two top-5 all time players

One's a two-time Stanley Cup champion. So they're a little different.

Congrats on all those goals, though. How fun.

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 12:51

Gregs Kite wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Either way, they're both very good at hockey and two top-5 all time players

I know, they are fun, and the point of the game. Ovi doesn't control how good his teammates are, that would be the GM's doing. All he can do is go out and score at unpresidented rates
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 12:55

Gregs Kite wrote:

I know, they are fun, and the point of the game. Ovi doesn't control how good his teammates are, that would be the GM's doing. All he can do is go out and score at unpresidented rates

I keep hearing about all the goal scoring parades he's had. Gotta be exhausting!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 13:05

Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I keep hearing about all the goal scoring parades he's had. Gotta be exhausting!

:beatsme: guess he must suck like this guy:

The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 13:09

Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Where's this one? Gee, I don't see it.

DTF-ian shoehorn. I'm impressed.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 13:13

Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Yup it's a shoehorn to mention another all-time great who never won a title. Greatest Hitter and Greatest Goal Scorer are so far title-less. But run your persecution complex at full capacity, doing wonders keeping the lights on here.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 13:15

Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Yup it's a shoehorn to mention another all-time great who never won a title. Greatest Hitter and Greatest Goal Scorer are so far title-less. But run your persecution complex at full capacity, doing wonders keeping the lights on here.

Such a random athlete from a random city, even!

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 13:21

The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 13:30

That's right, I'm the one whining and crying defending my "hard luck" hockey woobie for his glaring lack of one.....single.....measly, conference title round appearance title.....

But keep spewing out every single individual regular season numbers and shiny trophies. I'm enjoying very much.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Nov 2017, 13:33

you can't seem to grasp team-individual concept, so what can I say? :beatsme: but thanks for shoehorning your way into this, first time for everything for you, isn't there? ;)
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 13:39

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:you can't seem to grasp team-individual concept, so what can I say? :beatsme: but thanks for shoehorning your way into this, first time for everything for you, isn't there? ;)

I'm the one who keeps reminding you about Ovechkin and his lack of Stanley Cup championships as you sputter out goal stats and other deflections in between Goose decapitating you . I feel like this shows I grasp the concept.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NHL