*NOT* The Whalers: The Carolina Hurricanes

Re: *NOT* The Whalers: The Carolina Hurricanes

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 Jan 2018, 12:09

chrisco wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Excuse me, #s, the Hurricanes are in Raleigh

Really, I thought they moved. I guess Raleigh would care even less about hockey.

Correct--they moved from Hartford to Raleigh. Do you even sports?

Frank--a timeshare agreement would be a wonderful nod to the franchise's history and reaffirm a fan base in a separate geographic area than the current footprint. I wonder if television rights have anything to do with that never getting off the ground (because I'm almost certain it wouldn't).

So the London Whalers it is?

With two tone jerseys!
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 31 Jan 2018, 13:45

CourtesyFlush wrote:
chrisco wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Really, I thought they moved. I guess Raleigh would care even less about hockey.

Frank--a timeshare agreement would be a wonderful nod to the franchise's history and reaffirm a fan base in a separate geographic area than the current footprint. I wonder if television rights have anything to do with that never getting off the ground (because I'm almost certain it wouldn't).

So the London Whalers it is?

With two tone jerseys!

but NOT the helmets

I find tinsel distracting
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 31 Jan 2018, 14:18

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I dunno how hockey geographic rights work but I assume the Bruins could definitely block it, and probably the Rangers and Islanders too. Maybe the Rangers would object to this arrangement because of the location of their minor league team there. If this happened and the Bruins blocked it I would blacklist them as bad as I blacklisted the Patriots. I think that’s putting the cart about 18 miles before the horse doe.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Feb 2018, 12:52

CT Governor Dannel Malloy says “Hmmm I think this FTT guy is on to something...”.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Feb 2018, 18:27

Triple post trigger warning:

Frank the Tank wrote:CT Governor Dannel Malloy says “Hmmm I think this FTT guy is on to something...”.

Raleigh News and Observer sez: "Thanks, but no thanks. And please, stop. Enough."

I am writing a letter to the editor now.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 12 Feb 2018, 08:21

Frank the Tank wrote:Triple post trigger warning:

Frank the Tank wrote:CT Governor Dannel Malloy says “Hmmm I think this FTT guy is on to something...”.

Raleigh News and Observer sez: "Thanks, but no thanks. And please, stop. Enough."

I am writing a letter to the editor now.

That writer is usually a pretty good read but I found this part to be petty and childish:

So thanks for the offer, but on behalf of the Hurricanes and their fans, we’ll pass. It’s our team now. Connecticut politicians pandering to Whalers fans isn’t good for anyone – least of all Whalers fans.

I think I get what he's trying to say--there's really not much for the team to gain by playing a regular season game in Hartford given that they're trying to build the base in North Carolina. Not sure I agree completely with that--a regular season game in Hartford would be a nice nod to the team's history and would rekindle the base there. But at least one preseason game in Hartford makes a ton of sense.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Feb 2018, 08:26

I don’t know the writer but I hated it. /shocker I need to write to my aunt and uncle in the Triangle and see if my sternly worded response makes the paper.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2018, 13:14

Frank the Tank wrote:I don’t know the writer but I hated it. /shocker I need to write to my aunt and uncle in the Triangle and see if my sternly worded response makes the paper.

They published it today. :fletch: Long live the Whale.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mj3528 » 14 Feb 2018, 13:15

Frank the Tank wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I don’t know the writer but I hated it. /shocker I need to write to my aunt and uncle in the Triangle and see if my sternly worded response makes the paper.

Link please. don't make shammy have to look for it.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2018, 13:19

mj3528 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Ok, ok...

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 14 Feb 2018, 13:22

Frank the Tank wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Ok, ok...

Well-stated. Congrats.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2018, 13:28

TheWolf wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Ok, ok...

Well-stated. Congrats.

Thank you. It’s my...

...moment.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Feb 2018, 18:31

I got a letter to the (sports) editor published in Dec 1989 stating Ric Flair should be named athlete of the decade.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Feb 2018, 21:17

Frank the Tank wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Ok, ok...

Well-stated. Congrats.

Thank you. It’s my...

...moment.

Long live the Whale.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Feb 2018, 11:40

That was a great letter, Frank. I agree the Canes can't talk out of one side of their mouth about one direction and then do something completely counter to that with their actions. Shit or get off the pot /31.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NHL