Fang fingers! (The Predz Thread)

Fang fingers! (The Predz Thread)

Postby Colonel Angus » 04 Oct 2010, 15:56

Who's predded up for some Music City hockey?

I already have tickets to see my Predz play the defending champs sometime in January (I think. My bandwagon 'Hawks fan co-worker bought the tickets.)

I couldn't tell you who plays for this team, but I am going to make an effort to watch them this year. Gotta support the team.[/Puddy]

ETA: I've already checked and I have no CHI or NSH players on my Apathy League team, so I won't have any conflict of interest at the Predz game.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Re: Fang fingers! (The Predz Thread)

Postby Dthefritz » 06 Oct 2010, 17:17

Random Thoughts, Nashville Predators edition:

-I think it's safe to say at this point that Jordin Tootoo is the best Native North American (is that the preferred nomenclature?) hockey player around, now that Jonathan Cheechoo's 60 goal season proved to be a fluke.
-Question for Nashville area residents: do the police do a good job of protecting the client list in prostitution stings? Sergei Kostitsyn hopes so. If so, maybe he can recruit his older brother.
- Uninformed prediction: 10th in the West. They should really lobby to be in the East, they'd likely be a playoff team/
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Colonel Angus » 06 Oct 2010, 22:00

Fuck that, my Predz are playoff-bound regardless.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Oct 2010, 12:55

Colonel Angus wrote:Fuck that, my Predz are playoff-bound regardless.

According to ESPN.com, my Predz have made the playoffs every year except one since 2004. Can they do it again?

As a season preview in honor of Opening Night :ourhomeandnativeland: , here are Colonel Angus's top 5 questions about the 2010-11 Predz:

1. Q: Who is on the team? Anyone I've heard of?

A: Probably not, unless you really follow hockey. There are a few dudes I've heard of - Shea Weber, Ryant Suter, and David Legwand. The rest are a bunch of guys with weird names. They're probably European. There's not a whole lot of household names here.

2. Q: How do they look between the pipes?

A: That's disgusting. I refuse to answer such a question.

But seriously, folks, starting for your Nash Vegas Predators this year is some guy named Pekka. Sounds Finnish, so he's probably pretty good.

3. Q: Special teams? They have special teams in hockey?

A: Indeed they do. That's what they call penalty situations. Apparently the Predz were the least-penalized team in the NHL last year, which is good because their PK unit sucks. Their power play isn't much better - they were 1 for 27 on the power play in the playoff series against your defending champion Chicago Blackhawks. Barry Trotz probably ought to turn penalties off before each game.

4. Q: What players should we look out for as "breakout" players?

A: Everyone seems to agree that last year's top goalscorer, Patric Hornqvist, is pretty good. (By everyone, I mean ESPN.com.) They also have a young dude named Colin Wilson who will play center on Hornqvist's line. Look for these two to set the Western Conference on fire as the Predz storm back into the playoffs.

5. Q: Don't the Predz have any hot rink girls like CF's Canes?

A: Indeed they do.

(Warning: second from the left may be a dude.)
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Colonel Angus » 10 Oct 2010, 08:23

Hell yeah, my Predz opened the season with a dominating win over the Ducks. It was on opposite football so I didn't see a second of it. Unfortunately the Finnish goalie got hurt.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Colonel Angus » 14 Jan 2011, 13:14

Going to see my Predz against the defending champs tomorrow night. Despite my pre-season plan to attempt to follow hockey a little more closely this year, I have watched a grand total of about 5 minutes of Predz hockey this year (3 of which were last night.)

I did watch most of the 24/7 HBO series and about half of the Winter Classic, so there's that.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Tough loss for Angug's Predz last night against the Nucks. Played a good solid defensive game for two periods, got the go-ahead goal right at the start of the 3rd, gave up two goals (with the go-ahead goal scored by some short fat kid that was playing his first NHL game), then got robbed on a great save by Luongo with 30 seconds left. Nashville's boring as hell to watch, except for their goalies, a crazy Finn who has a hilarious habit of staring down the shooter every time he makes a glove save on a slap shot. Some serious mean muggin' going on there.

The highlight of the game by far, however, was this guy showing up on the big screen:

the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Colonel Angus » 27 Jan 2011, 12:53

someguysomewhere wrote:Tough loss for Angug's Predz last night against the Nucks. Played a good solid defensive game for two periods, got the go-ahead goal right at the start of the 3rd, gave up two goals (with the go-ahead goal scored by some short fat kid that was playing his first NHL game), then got robbed on a great save by Luongo with 30 seconds left. Nashville's boring as hell to watch, except for their goalies, a crazy Finn who has a hilarious habit of staring down the shooter every time he makes a glove save on a slap shot. Some serious mean muggin' going on there.

The highlight of the game by far, however, was this guy showing up on the big screen:

Nice.

After you mentioned this game in the 'box last night I forgot about it so I didn't see any of it. Pekka Rinne is a bad-ass though.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Colonel Angus » 12 Apr 2011, 07:46

OK, sonz, this may be it. It is possible the Predz will win their first-ever playoff series! However, my sources (ESPN.com) say that the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - my vote for worst team name in all of major professional sports - are red-hot. So my Predz are probably one-and-done once again. Oh well, it was a great season. Lots of fun.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 12 Apr 2011, 07:54

Colonel Angus wrote:OK, sonz, this may be it. It is possible the Predz will win their first-ever playoff series! However, my sources (ESPN.com) say that the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - my vote for worst team name in all of major professional sports - are red-hot. So my Predz are probably one-and-done once again. Oh well, it was a great season. Lots of fun.

I wouldn't want to be facing the Ducks. (They're just the Anaheim Ducks now, not The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim). The Fang Finger goalie is gonna have to stand on his head for them to have a chance.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Colonel Angus » 12 Apr 2011, 07:57

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:OK, sonz, this may be it. It is possible the Predz will win their first-ever playoff series! However, my sources (ESPN.com) say that the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - my vote for worst team name in all of major professional sports - are red-hot. So my Predz are probably one-and-done once again. Oh well, it was a great season. Lots of fun.

I wouldn't want to be facing the Ducks. (They're just the Anaheim Ducks now, not The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim). The Fang Finger goalie is gonna have to stand on his head for them to have a chance.

From what I've seen and heard, standing on his Finnish head is his specialty. Maybe the red-hot Ducks will run into red-hot Rinne.

Good to hear the Ducks changed their name. I did not know that. Wonder how that will affect this series.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Colonel Angus » 14 Apr 2011, 08:41

Like I said, standing on his Finnish head...

Go Predz!
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby someguysomewhere » 14 Apr 2011, 15:55

Congrats, Col.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Colonel Angus » 15 Apr 2011, 07:26

someguysomewhere wrote:Congrats, Col.

Thank you. The Predz are a mere three wins away from going farther in the playoffs than they've ever gone before. They're basically like Jichael packing up his car for Huntsville right now.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Apr 2011, 12:48

Quite the Pecca-tacular performance :corn:
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to NHL