The Hamilton/Kitchener/Phoenix Coyotes Thread

The Hamilton/Kitchener/Phoenix Coyotes Thread

Postby Bricks » 05 Nov 2009, 19:52

I know it's really early in the season, but the Coyotes are playing well for the first time since the Roenick/Khabibulin/Tkachuk era. The greater Phoenix area is generally fickle, but when those folks bandwagon jump, they go whole hog. Maybe if the 'Yotes make the Playoffs the team will stay in Arizona.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Re: The Hamilton/Kitchener/Phoenix Coyotes Thread

Postby Fletch » 05 Nov 2009, 23:19

Bricks wrote:I know it's really early in the season, but the Coyotes are playing well for the first time since the Roenick/Khabibulin/Tkachuk era. The greater Phoenix area is generally fickle, but when those folks bandwagon jump, they go whole hog. Maybe if the 'Yotes make the Playoffs the team will stay in Arizona.

This is a nightmare. Why can't they just stink and go away? This could get reaaaaaallly annoying.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Bricks » 05 Nov 2009, 23:35

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Bricks wrote:I know it's really early in the season, but the Coyotes are playing well for the first time since the Roenick/Khabibulin/Tkachuk era. The greater Phoenix area is generally fickle, but when those folks bandwagon jump, they go whole hog. Maybe if the 'Yotes make the Playoffs the team will stay in Arizona.

This is a nightmare. Why can't they just stink and go away? This could get reaaaaaallly annoying.

I hope the Coyotes do stay. I have good memories of going to see the team in the late '90s when they were rocking the inexplicable black-and-green-and-purple-and-copper jerseys. Plus last year when I went to my first Cardinals game since the move to UoP Stadium I was taken aback by what a ghost town that area is. Jobing.com Arena emptying certainly wouldn't help the situation.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Fletch » 06 Nov 2009, 10:34

Bricks wrote:
Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:

I hope the Coyotes do stay. I have good memories of going to see the team in the late '90s when they were rocking the inexplicable black-and-green-and-purple-and-copper jerseys. Plus last year when I went to my first Cardinals game since the move to UoP Stadium I was taken aback by what a ghost town that area is. Jobing.com Arena emptying certainly wouldn't help the situation.

The west side blows. It being a ghost town or not has little effect on me. It was before, and it shall be again.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Bricks » 11 Nov 2009, 20:40

Down to seventh in the West. You may get your wish Fletch. I can't imagine Ilya Bryzgalov can continue at his current trend and the offense needs someone to step up to lighten Shane Doan and Scottie Upshall's loads.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Bricks » 27 Dec 2009, 12:22

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/n ... fans_N.htm

I read this story a few weeks ago; the photo that went with the print edition was brutal, showing a fully empty section at Jobing.com Arena (though it was late last season, not this year).

But hey, the Yotes are chugging right along. Third best record in the West behind Chicago and San Jose. This is a fun team, and Bryzgalov has been one of the league's best goalies.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 Dec 2009, 16:39

Bricks wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/coyotes/2009-12-14-reconnecting-with-fans_N.htm

I read this story a few weeks ago; the photo that went with the print edition was brutal, showing a fully empty section at Jobing.com Arena (though it was late last season, not this year).

But hey, the Yotes are chugging right along. Third best record in the West behind Chicago and San Jose. This is a fun team, and Bryzgalov has been one of the league's best goalies.

Fuck Bettman. That team should be in Hamilton now. Those guys buying that team are doing nothing but following Heisley's game plan from when he bought the Griz: say all the right things, then move the team after one year. That team will be in Ontario after two more seasons at most.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Bricks » 16 Jan 2010, 13:52

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2009/12/14/daily64.html?q=phoenix%20coyotes%20moving

Old'ish story, but the Coyotes controlling organization is playing "home" games in Canada next season. Might as well change their name to the Expos at this point.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby someguysomewhere » 16 Jan 2010, 16:31

Bricks wrote:http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2009/12/14/daily64.html?q=phoenix%20coyotes%20moving

Old'ish story, but the Coyotes controlling organization is playing "home" games in Canada next season. Might as well change their name to the Expos at this point.

To me, this sounds like a much sounder financial plan than allowing Balsillie to move the team to Ontario, to me.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Bricks » 12 Mar 2010, 19:58

Well, the Sharks have a pretty strong hold on the division, which means the Coyotes will likely get saddled with a damn good Kings in the first round so that San Jose can bow out to the Red Wings once they inevitably surpass the Flames (sorry Ogie).
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Dec 2010, 14:03

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 15 Dec 2010, 14:05

weak
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby someguysomewhere » 15 Dec 2010, 20:19

That deal doesn't seem financially insane at all.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Dec 2010, 23:50

Dont all of the old people move to Phoenix to escape the cold? Why would they want to go to a game and freeze their asses off?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Dec 2010, 14:59

The 'Yotes signed some scrub off the street to be their backup goalie Thursday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5927810
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Next

Return to NHL