Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Dthefritz » 16 Dec 2016, 17:10

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Someone named David Pastrnak scored his league leading 18th goal last night, tying him with that big, wide, soppy Canadian cunt Sidney Crosby. I think that's good. I am rooting for him to have continued success and good fortune.



David.....Pastrnak.

I hate how he (or at least announcers) say his name, Pah-ster-nahhhk

It is entirely possible/probable that's how it's supposed to be pronounced but just sounds like a douchey cunty way of pronouncing it to seem refined and shit

What about the pronunciation seems douchey? Not taking offense or anything, but genuinely curious.

Thome, if he pronounced the 100% proper Czech way, i.e. really smashing the 4 consonants together, rolling the r hard and pronouncing the n like in "El nino", then that would be obnoxious. But I really don't see what's wrong with how he says it. I'll hang up and listen.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7488
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 19 Dec 2016, 07:30

Dthefritz wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Someone named David Pastrnak scored his league leading 18th goal last night, tying him with that big, wide, soppy Canadian cunt Sidney Crosby. I think that's good. I am rooting for him to have continued success and good fortune.



David.....Pastrnak.

I hate how he (or at least announcers) say his name, Pah-ster-nahhhk

It is entirely possible/probable that's how it's supposed to be pronounced but just sounds like a douchey cunty way of pronouncing it to seem refined and shit

What about the pronunciation seems douchey? Not taking offense or anything, but genuinely curious.

Thome, if he pronounced the 100% proper Czech way, i.e. really smashing the 4 consonants together, rolling the r hard and pronouncing the n like in "El nino", then that would be obnoxious. But I really don't see what's wrong with how he says it. I'll hang up and listen.

Because to my yokel ears, it should be Pass-ter-nack but they go all Thurston Howell III on it to make it pahhhhhhhhhsternahhhhhhhhhhk

Again, I'm sure that's how it should be pronounced but it just sounds weird coming from Doc Emrick. All I see is:

Image
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12491
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Dec 2016, 09:03

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Someone named David Pastrnak scored his league leading 18th goal last night, tying him with that big, wide, soppy Canadian cunt Sidney Crosby. I think that's good. I am rooting for him to have continued success and good fortune.



David.....Pastrnak.

I hate how he (or at least announcers) say his name, Pah-ster-nahhhk

It is entirely possible/probable that's how it's supposed to be pronounced but just sounds like a douchey cunty way of pronouncing it to seem refined and shit

What about the pronunciation seems douchey? Not taking offense or anything, but genuinely curious.

Thome, if he pronounced the 100% proper Czech way, i.e. really smashing the 4 consonants together, rolling the r hard and pronouncing the n like in "El nino", then that would be obnoxious. But I really don't see what's wrong with how he says it. I'll hang up and listen.

Because to my yokel ears, it should be Pass-ter-nack but they go all Thurston Howell III on it to make it pahhhhhhhhhsternahhhhhhhhhhk

Again, I'm sure that's how it should be pronounced but it just sounds weird coming from Doc Emrick. All I see is:

Image

I see, that makes sense.

Reminds me of how I feel when youtube highlight packages will include clips from Canadiens games with French announcers. I know it's just the way the speak but their pronunciation of eastern European names is just completely absurd to my ears.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7488
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Dec 2016, 11:30

GREAT win for our Bruins yesterday against the California Golden Kings. Good to see Jimmy Hayes get the monkey off his back. /people
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Dec 2016, 08:52

The unofficial start of the second half begins tonight. Really looking forward to solving our back-up goalie situation. Once we get that figure out we can solidify our run to a first round loss to Washington.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby mj3528 » 28 Dec 2016, 04:01

Gregs Kite wrote:The unofficial start of the second half begins tonight. Really looking forward to solving our back-up goalie situation. Once we get that figure out we can solidify our run to a first round loss to Washington.

Tough loss against me in Columbus for your 2nd half start.

#13inarow, #wagon
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9311
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Dec 2016, 08:08

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:The unofficial start of the second half begins tonight. Really looking forward to solving our back-up goalie situation. Once we get that figure out we can solidify our run to a first round loss to Washington.

Tough loss against me in Columbus for your 2nd half start.

#13inarow, #wagon


Yeah, me and my relatives spent like two, maybe two and a half hours Christmas Eve talking about the Blue Jackets and what a wonderful sports story they are. My BiL was GUSHING about Torts. We really enjoyed our talk and each other.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Jan 2017, 11:10

VERY dispiriting lost last night to Dr J's Devils. I assume the Devils played a neutral zone trap and kept our speedy, uh, players from scoring points. We'll get back to it against a very tough Edmonton Oiler team, led by Jari Kurri I think.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby chrisco » 03 Jan 2017, 20:19

Gregs Kite wrote:VERY dispiriting lost last night to Dr J's Devils. I assume the Devils played a neutral zone trap and kept our speedy, uh, players from scoring points. We'll get back to it against a very tough Edmonton Oiler team, led by Jari Kurri I think.

I heard Fuhr is really dialed in this year. Good luck scoring.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12238
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2017, 20:49

Gregs Kite wrote:VERY dispiriting lost last night to Dr J's Devils. I assume the Devils played a neutral zone trap and kept our speedy, uh, players from scoring points. We'll get back to it against a very tough Edmonton Oiler team, led by Jari Kurri I think.


I watched the last 10 minutes of this game. It was not exciting. The commentators led me to believe the rest of it was similar. Awesome post, Wolf.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18437
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 Jan 2017, 08:05

Another stinker by our Bruins that would put Mrs. ctz31's toots to shame. Losing 4-nil to Mario Speedwagon's Irelanders is probably the low point of the Claude Julien era. I am very interested, well, I am kind of interested to see if Sweeney will finally pull the trigger and get a new voice in the room. The talent is there, but they are just not ready to go more often than not.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Jan 2017, 08:54

Last night was maybe the biggest gut-punch yet. The B's outplayed the Blackhawks for most of the game, but gave up the only goal of the contest with less than 90 seconds to go on a defensive breakdown. They had 30 shots on goal, many of them quality scoring chances. They can't finish. The Whalers never would have let a game like this happen.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31562
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Feb 2017, 08:27

Bruins fire Claude Julien in the most Bruins way possible.

GM Don Sweeney will hold a press conference at 11:30am. The Patriots championship parade starts at 11am. They think no one will notice.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby ctz31 » 07 Feb 2017, 10:12

Gregs Kite wrote:Bruins fire Claude Julien in the most Bruins way possible.

GM Don Sweeney will hold a press conference at 11:30am. The Patriots championship parade starts at 11am. They think no one will notice.


Sorry for your lost.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9712
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Sonz of Fake Tim Thomas: The Bruins

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Feb 2017, 17:29

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Bruins fire Claude Julien in the most Bruins way possible.

GM Don Sweeney will hold a press conference at 11:30am. The Patriots championship parade starts at 11am. They think no one will notice.


Sorry for your lost.


They should hire the GOAT Belechick. It wont interfere with anything NFL-related, and he is a wonderful skater.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31079
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

PreviousNext

Return to NHL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest