Blah blah Red Wings blah blah

Blah blah Red Wings blah blah

Postby TheDooze » 06 Aug 2005, 18:35

I had to start one eventually. It's just like _'s Leafs one, only with winning.

We gotta sign Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Stevie Y had 678 career goals going into the lockout. He's got a legit shot at 700.

We don't have a real goalie yet, besides last year's backup.

Chris Chelios owns a chili restaurant.
Last edited by TheDooze on 21 Apr 2006, 22:43, edited 2 times in total.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby jack_daniels » 06 Aug 2005, 18:54

22 goals is impossible for an old fart like Stevie Y. He has neither the legs, or the veteran players around him to help him get to that goal. He should reitre, then disappear into bolivian.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby TheDooze » 10 Aug 2005, 01:44

Chris Osgood is back in town! Happy to hear the news. Despite getting unfairly booed, he is the second winningest goalie in team history.

Also, I called the Red Wings to get some schedules and stuff and they asked about my injury over the phone, as the Wings person could hear how I couldn't say some stuff due to not having front teeth. So the Wings are gonna send me a package. I'll post what's in it when it arrives.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby jack_daniels » 10 Aug 2005, 07:04

Oh,really?
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby TheWolf » 10 Aug 2005, 07:21

I can't wait to find out what's in Dooze's sympathy package!! (if it really exists)

And I think Yzerman will get those 22 goals by the way.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby TheDooze » 10 Aug 2005, 23:11

Some thoughts on everything...

Steve Yzerman - Very happy he's back. Stevie was probably one of the guys most speculated to retire. This season will pretty much be a 41-game Steve Yzerman celebration.

-----

Chris Osgood - Happy he's back too. Despite being a shaky goalie at times, he's still the 2nd most winningest goalie in team history (behind only Terry Sawchuk). And, he's one of five active goalies to start for a Cup winning team. This can only be good for Ozzie.

-----

Ticket prices - Unlike every other team in the league, the Wings will continue to have breathtakingly high ticket prices. The only handout to fans is giftcards for 5% of their tickets. So, depending on where you sit, Mike Ilitch is giving you about 1-3 free beers for your season ticket money. Welcome back! Although I think the big rebate was the signing of Osgood, so Wings fans could just dig deep into their closets for a jersey of the "new" goalie, instead of paying $275 for one.

-----

Future signings - The Wings signed Tomas Kopecky today, a left wing from Grand Rapids, the Wings' main minor league team. The Wings' roster as of now:

Forwards - Kris Draper, Johan Franzen (Swedish rookie), Tomas Holmstrom, Tomas Kopecky, Robert Lang, Kirk Maltby, Mark Mowers, Brendan Shanahan, Steve Yzerman

Defensemen - Chris Chelios, Jiri Fischer, Nicklas Lidstrom, Jamie Rivers, Mathieu Schneider

Goalies - Manny Legace, Chris Osgood

Ken Holland, the GM, has got to sign Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk. With about 8.5 million to go, Pavel should be getting around 2.5 million, and Zetterberg should get around 3 to 3.5 million. That will leave around two million to sign two or three more third/fourth line forwards.

-----

One of the little things that I miss most about hockey are the occasional tripleheader Saturdays. Usually, this consists of an afternoon Red Wings game, followed by the Leafs on Hockey Night In Canada and a western Canadian team on HNIC after that. All told, I usually watch about 78-80 Red Wings games a year (missing a couple due to events or West Coast games), about 35-40 Maple Leafs games a year (thanks to HNIC), about 15-20 random nationally televised games, and every playoff game possible. About 165 games a year. I'm excited for October 5th.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby fatty » 10 Aug 2005, 23:17

Why did I bother looking to see what dooze wrote?
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby jack_daniels » 10 Aug 2005, 23:18

I was thinking the exact same thing fats.

Dooze, learn to SUMMARIZE at the very least.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby TheDooze » 11 Aug 2005, 09:55

The Red Wings sent out a MASSIVE care package to me. As a lifelong fan and someone who posts on their message board as well as here, the team took care of me. I usually post up stats-based stuff so...yeah, we're not getting any ticket discounts, but this kinda makes up for it. Everything....

Four program posters, measuring 16'' by 11''. Three from last year of Holmstrom, Chelios, and Maltby. And one from 2002-03 with Stevie holding the Cup over his head.

Two glossy team photos, from 2001-02 and 2003-04.

The press box edition of the media guide, with a circular metal binding, unlike the ones the fans get.

A couple editions of the press box notes handed out to media members. This is a packet with just about every stat possible, and random facts for broadcasters to use on the air to kill time.

A giveaway red t-shirt from the 2004 playoffs.

Unused ticket books from the 2002-03 season. These are extras of the books of season tickets sent out. The book is comprised entirely of 8"' by 3" glossy tickets with photos of every member of the last Cup team. A cool thing, since it is every player holding the Cup with some photos that I've never seen before.

A box of something called "Original Six Detroit". Some type of hockey cards that appear to be every Red Wing ever.

Excellent work, Red Wings. Now, sign Pavel and Henrik.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby fatty » 11 Aug 2005, 09:56

TheDooze wrote:The Red Wings...are extras...

I love the NHL forum.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby jack_daniels » 11 Aug 2005, 16:48

That shit is useless. I'd say, other than the tickets and posters, everything else will deprciate in value. Worthless.

Oh and I don't care.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Aug 2005, 17:15

jack_daniels wrote: everything else will deprciate in value.

Damn, there goes my "write to major league sports franchises for free shit" investment strategy to send the mini-tanks to college.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheDooze » 16 Aug 2005, 09:08

Wings signed Andy Delmore, a good winger from Nashville.

Also, I'm gonna buy some tickets today. Opening night...
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Grimace » 02 Sep 2005, 19:56

I can't wait for the season to start. Stevie Y is going to lead Team Canada to the gold at the Olympics, then he'll lead us to the Stanley Cup in his final year... alright maybe not that last part. Still though I can't wait to see him play again. I'd love to see him get the 700 goals that he easily would have had if it weren't for injuries. Also, with regards to Chris Osgood, if I wanted to see a goalie choke in big situations and kill my team unless they are about five times better than the other team, I would just rather if they'd re-signed Curtis Joseph.
"Nothing Can Kill The GRIMACE!!"-- a great truism from Clerks
Grimace
Yankee

Postby TheDooze » 23 Sep 2005, 21:14

GOT TICKETS.

Game 1 of this season, Sunday night against Dallas. It's preseason, but hey, it's NHL hockey.

Also, Wings have looked good in the preseason. The regulars have been playing well, and we get Datsyuk back on Sunday.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to NHL