The team Brian Burke f*cked: Hartford Whalers (1979-1997)

Re: The team Brian Burke f*cked: Hartford Whalers (1979-1997

Postby JT99 » 05 Nov 2014, 13:58

Great, great story. Almost perfectly written.

Oh, the irony of Hartford being chided all those years for playing in a mall when every new stadium built these days basically includes a mall inside of it.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 05 Nov 2014, 14:04

Frank the Tank wrote:A requiem for the Whalers.

That first guy the article talks about sounds like a real queer, if I'm being honest here.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby TheWolf » 05 Nov 2014, 14:07

Clayton Bigsby wrote:

That first guy the article talks about sounds like a real queer, if I'm being honest here.

To me he sounds like a gentleman and a scholar, to me.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 05 Nov 2014, 14:14

TheWolf wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

To me he sounds like a gentleman and a scholar, to me.

Scholar, maybe. But he's no gentleman!
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Nov 2014, 14:35

ford probe. heh heh heh heh.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JichaelDick » 05 Nov 2014, 16:46

I wonder if the burgers from that short-order cook were worth eating. I mean, it was at MIT.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Nov 2014, 16:51

JichaelDick wrote:I wonder if the burgers from that short-order cook were worth eating. I mean, it was at MIT.

There's no way I could be sure, since we're just reading random stuff on the Internet from someone who answered a Twitter request for stories about the Whalers' last game, but I would guess that between his willingness to hide bacon on a bacon cheeseburger, reducing the cost for students, and his willingness to add non-standard alcoholic ingredients to milkshakes, that this short order cook was VERY popular with the clientele.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JichaelDick » 05 Nov 2014, 23:14

I like this short order cook's style.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby chrisco » 06 Nov 2014, 07:12

JichaelDick wrote:I like this short order cook's style.

I heard he was pretty tall for a short order cook.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 06 Nov 2014, 16:05

Rodney Farva wrote:ford probe. heh heh heh heh.

I had a Ford Probe. Terrible vehicle. Turns into an engagement ring fairly well. Or so I've heard.

Also, explore the studio space on the adding of non-standard alcoholic ingredient to the milkshakes please.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 Nov 2014, 16:10

Not much to explore. Put standard milkshake ingredients in tin. Have person hand you bottle of beverage of their choice. Pour bottle contents in until customer says "when". Make milkshake. Many were fond of Absolut Vanilla Milkshakes.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Nov 2014, 16:14

Since we're out in the open with this, what happened at the Garden?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 Nov 2014, 16:28

Gregs Kite wrote:Since we're out in the open with this, what happened at the Garden?

Only had one near fight at the garden. Home opener '92-'93 for B's IIRC. Whale go up 2-0, lose 3-2. I'm cranky. Fans getting in my face. I just walk by. Outside the Garden near a green line stop a guy about my age is eating a hot dog, or brat, or something. He gets right in my face, yells "ha!", and a bit of hot dog hits me in the face. As he walks by I throw out my elbow and get him in the stomach. Wasn't a hard shot but then he gets all macho. So do I. My buddy starts pulling me away while saying "don't even try it" to the other guy. Don't know who would've won mano a mano (probably him, with me getting some damage in before losing) but he didn't have a chance two on one, so he walked away talking shit the whole time. If I was alone I probably would've fought, and I probably would've regretted it.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Jun 2015, 19:57

Peter Karmanos, the owner who lied to Hartford and moved the Whalers, elected to Hockey Hall of Fame.

Related: the SOTSG HoF has far more integrity than the hockey hall of fame.

If you are a HHOF voter, and you voted for Karmanos, fuck you you idiotic piece of shit. You are a fucking parasite on the intestine of decency. May your scrotum house ten thousand maggots. May your eyeballs implode out of no reason other than a sense of undying shame. May your children change their last names and deny any chromosomes passed on by you. May your sphincter go from an "innie" to an "outie". May your brain be rejected by the medical school you donate your cadaver to as "unfit". May your television no longer receive television shows that don't have a Kardashian involved. May it burn when you pee because of little gremlins actually lighting fires in your urethra. May you hit a red light at every traffic signal you encounter for the rest of your life. May your children marry unemployed professional jugglers. May Jehovah's Witnesses decide that you are a soul worth saving and never leave your doorstep. May the UPS man urinate on every box of Omaha Steaks you ever get. May your barber have seizures when you're in his chair. May your dog mistake you for a burglar made out of Milk Bones. May your immortal soul know nothing but misery from now until the end of time. Fuck you you fucking fuck. Asshole.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby theken » 29 Jun 2015, 20:50

Frank the Tank wrote:Peter Karmanos, the owner who lied to Hartford and moved the Whalers, elected to Hockey Hall of Fame.

Related: the SOTSG HoF has far more integrity than the hockey hall of fame.

If you are a HHOF voter, and you voted for Karmanos, fuck you you idiotic piece of shit. You are a fucking parasite on the intestine of decency. May your scrotum house ten thousand maggots. May your eyeballs implode out of no reason other than a sense of undying shame. May your children change their last names and deny any chromosomes passed on by you. May your sphincter go from an "innie" to an "outie". May your brain be rejected by the medical school you donate your cadaver to as "unfit". May your television no longer receive television shows that don't have a Kardashian involved. May it burn when you pee because of little gremlins actually lighting fires in your urethra. May you hit a red light at every traffic signal you encounter for the rest of your life. May your children marry unemployed professional jugglers. May Jehovah's Witnesses decide that you are a soul worth saving and never leave your doorstep. May the UPS man urinate on every box of Omaha Steaks you ever get. May your barber have seizures when you're in his chair. May your dog mistake you for a burglar made out of Milk Bones. May your immortal soul know nothing but misery from now until the end of time. Fuck you you fucking fuck. Asshole.

2006 'Canes. Can't take away a 'chip, baby!
http://www.undrafted.ca
jack_daniels wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote:Uh oh JD looks like _ has gone Thomas Jones on us and "tweaked" a hammy... better bring no touchy back from AAA...

I didn't tweah shit faggot. Shut up.
theken
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to NHL