The Clip Show

Re: The Clip Show

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Jun 2017, 14:00

some guy named Michael Eaves? wrote:Here's some information on the Chris Paul trade. First the MICRO:

Paul's relationship with Doc Rivers started to deteriorate rapidly after the Clippers acquired Austin Rivers. Several members of the team felt Austin acted entitled because his dad was both the coach and the President of Basketball Operations. In the view of the tenured players, Austin Rivers never tried to fit in, and when players tried to address the situation with him, he still did not respond the way the core of the team wanted him to. It led to resentment within the locker room, which often played out during games. One of Paul's biggest contentions with Doc was that Paul, and other players, felt Doc treated Austin more favorably than other players. He would yell at guys for certain things during games and practices, but not get on Austin in the same manner for similar transgressions.

But what really solidified Paul's dissatisfaction with Doc was a proposed trade involving Carmelo Anthony last season. New York offered Carmelo and Sasha Vujacic to the Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce and Austin Rivers, a deal to which Rivers ultimately said no. That event led Paul to feel that keeping his son on the roster was more important to Doc than improving the team. So, ultimately, Paul lost both trust and faith in Doc. As one league executive put it, "Chris despises Doc."

(I was also told that when Paul met with the team to inform them of his plans, Jerry West was not in attendance. It was only Doc and Lawrence Frank.)

MACRO

This move is a win-win for Chris Paul, and it was all part of a master plan. By opting into the final year of his current contract and pressuring the Clippers to trade him to Houston, Paul will be in the exact same situation next summer. He can re-sign with the Rockets for 5 years and $200+ million or sign a 4-year deal for about $150 million with another team. In addition, he will save several million dollars in state income tax.

Also, by being committed to the Rockets for only one season, it gives him a year to see if he can actually co-exist and pursue a title with James Harden. But even beyond that, this move gives Paul more flexibility to join LeBron James in 2018. If he stayed in LA or signed the max deal with the Clippers and forced them to do a sign-and-trade with the Rockets, Paul and LeBron could only join forces at one location. Now, they will have the ability to pick and choose wherever they want to go as a tandem, which could be Houston, LA {Lakers or Clippers (provided Doc is no longer with organization)}, or any other destination in-between.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Jun 2017, 14:05

As always--fuck Chris Paul. And that entire Banana Boat harem.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Jun 2017, 14:11

i dunno, i think i buy his story there.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Jun 2017, 14:13

CourtesyFlush wrote:As always--fuck Chris Paul. And that entire Banana Boat harem.

Agreed.

SouthernYokel wrote:i dunno, i think i buy his story there.

Agreed.

Look at us, getting along like grown men! Refreshing, isn't it?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Jun 2017, 14:15

Your kids deserve cancer.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Jun 2017, 14:15

I'd really love for LeBron, Wade, Melo, CP3, and Bosh or whoever to finally get together on a super team and fail miserably like the Lakers did with Payton, the Mailman, Kobe, and Shaq. It would be GLORIOUS.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Jun 2017, 14:16

CourtesyFlush wrote:I'd really love for LeBron, Wade, Melo, CP3, and Bosh or whoever to finally get together on a super team and fail miserably like the Lakers did with Payton, the Mailman, Kobe, and Shaq. It would be GLORIOUS.

I think Bosh is done. Though I like your idea.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Jun 2017, 14:17

CourtesyFlush wrote:I'd really love for LeBron, Wade, Melo, CP3, and Bosh or whoever to finally get together on a super team and fail miserably like the Lakers did with Payton, the Mailman, Kobe, and Shaq. It would be GLORIOUS.

Agreed. Those guys deserve each other.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Jun 2017, 14:22

What did you say?

/Yung Jike
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 28 Jun 2017, 17:37

Yeah, but honestly I'd rather see that team win than another Warriors chip. If they were somehow to lose to a non-loathsome squad, I would wholeheartedly approve.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Jun 2017, 19:13

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

What did you say?

/Yung Jike

You know me too well.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Sep 2017, 14:36

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Oct 2017, 18:46

I feel like we are not properly hyped for the Teodosic era.

I'm predicting a banner year for Jitz in this thread.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Previous

Return to NBA