The Clip Show

The Clip Show

Postby nerf66 » 18 Apr 2005, 12:31

I ended up getting Clippers Season Tickets for 05-06. I was a season ticket holder in 01-02....and was thrilled about a week after I got my tickets, the clippes got Brand. I thought "This is amazing. They are going to make the playoffs. Clippers eason tickets are going to mean something!" I spent the season watching the clippers struggle. In all fairness, they were much more exciting to watch than the lakers because they had more fast breaks, more dunks, more everything....except wins and stars. I didn't renew my seats. I was pissed.

Why did I get season tickets for 05-06? Here are my reasons:

1.) In the 200 sections at staples, tickets are 2 for 1. I got two seats for about $1900 total. That's a deal.
2.) For some reason I think the clippers are going to make the playoffs next year. If that happens and I get three playoff home games (unlikely) I can sell those tickets and almost recoup my $1900.
3.) LA is slowly turning on the lakers. If the Clippers have a good season next year and the lakers continue to slide, Clippers tickets will be HOT. I'll be looking to move into the 100's if that happens.
4.) I can use the tickets for business and write them off.
5.) I like the Staples Center.
6.) I like the Clipper Girls...they are basically like the laker girls only you feel like you have a shot with all of them...like pulling out a $50 bill to pay for a couple of drinks would be enough to seal the deal.
7.) My buddy Eric. He's been begging me to get season tickets again. He was the guy that got my tickets when I couldn't find anyone else to take them (which was often). He was the guy who I would take when no one else would go (which was often). He probably saw 20 clippers games that season. He loved my season tickets. I told him my new season tickets last week. He simply said "I'm always down for the Clips, Nerfy. Let's go to some games and drink a couple of brews". Can't argue that.

Anywho, if any of you pukes travel to LA and the Clippers are playing (and actually want to see the clippers) let me know.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby Snake » 18 Apr 2005, 13:23

Admit it. Your just hoping for a glimpse at Simmons in the flesh.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Dunking Donut » 18 Apr 2005, 13:35

It must be nice to be able to get season tickets for a professional sport SOMEHWERE. My only nearby option (well, 1 hour drive) is the Nets.

My SG Is A Member radar just went up a tick...
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 18 Apr 2005, 13:44

Start pushing for an Arena team dude, the league is gonna expand like crazy in the next couple of years (3 new teams coming in and no one folding this off-season, though Grand Rapids will be gone soon).

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby TheDooze » 22 Apr 2005, 09:51

I hope Grand Rapids succeeds. Very underrated city, great people.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Snake » 23 Apr 2005, 21:44

They're organization is falling apart. Supposedly they are trying to move the team to Miami, but Huizenga currently has the rights (plus they already have teams in Orlando and Tampa Bay). Maybe they move to Detroit and fill the void created by the Fury, but wherever they go if they keep the same front offics and coaches they will suck.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby nerf66 » 30 Jun 2005, 16:16

I got my clippers seats - section 218. Not perfect, but I CAN BARELY AFFORD SEASON TICKETS.

Click on section 218 to see the view. It actually looks much closer in person.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/tickets/arena.html
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby mister bacon » 30 Jun 2005, 16:20

I've sat in those seats before. Those seats aint half bad.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby NFL Outsider » 01 Jul 2005, 15:12

Are Clipper Girls easier to obtain than the A-Team dancers? That''s something I can devote a whole thread to (but never will).

The SD pretty much optimized what the Clippers are about. People root for them for 80 games a year, except when they play your hometown team. That's weak.

I don't believe that the town has turned on the Lakers. It's just that the fashionable homelss are wearing Shaq jerseys these days.

I was seriously looking for a Lakers flag to fly during this last playoff run but could not find one. I thought it would be funny. But the Lakers always will be the top dog in town, just like (much to my chagrin) the Dodgers appear to be the favorite team over the Angels.

But the Clippers games should be fun. And by next April you can have section 218 to yourself.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Tecmo Bo » 01 Jul 2005, 15:15

Seeing as how the Angels are in ANAHEIM and the Dodgers are in LA, then that is as things should be. Arte Moreno is a retard.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby NFL Outsider » 01 Jul 2005, 15:29

Please don't get me started.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Big Scary Monster » 01 Jul 2005, 15:33

I would definately come out to a game though... especially to watch the Suns beat up on them.

Seriously though, the mission has to be to find the SG's seats and keep a running diary of him watching a game. Does he cheer? Does he get a beer? Is he wearing that stupid leather jacket? Does he have that creepy beard that he had when the World Series trophy was in town? These are things we need to know.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Tecmo Bo » 01 Jul 2005, 15:37

NFL Outsider wrote:Please don't get me started.

If you mean get you started on defending the retarded name change, then by all means do. It's an indefensible, classless act.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby TheWolf » 01 Jul 2005, 15:40

BSM, that is a phenomenal idea. I just think it would be really funny (assuming the person doing it can write and is at least mildly entertaining) to read a running diary of Simmons watching a game, particularly if Simmons was also doing a running diary of said game.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby fatty » 02 Jul 2005, 03:20

Tecmo Bo wrote:Seeing as how the Angels are in ANAHEIM and the Dodgers are in LA, then that is as things should be. Arte Moreno is a retard.

Maybe, but he did lower beer prices, so he's 1-for-1 in my book. That said, I live in Tucson so it doesn't help me much.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Next

Return to NBA