Re: 2017/18 NBA Reviews

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 18 Oct 2017, 05:46

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Celtics.

Under.

NBA sucks. Life is not worth living.

Fuck you, cheese.

Good timing.

Couldn't have happened to a better fan base.

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Nov 2017, 13:32

Insight to the G League

Maybe the ‘G’ actually stands for ‘Guinea Pig,’ what with the way the NBA uses the league as a vital testing ground.

This season, the G League will experiment with two-minute overtimes (as opposed to the standard five-minute OTs), a Coach’s Challenge (each coach gets one per game which can only be used on called fouls, goaltending, basket interference and out-of-bounds calls), and four-person referee crews (as opposed to the standard three, and only during the month of November).

“We did (the four-person referee project) in very limited fashion last year, at Long Islands Nets games, while they were played at Barclays,” Turner said. “I believe it was eight or nine games that they did there, and obviously that - in and of itself - is a very small sample set. So we really wanted to take the month of November to roll out that test across our footprint for all games, so not only for our referees but for our coaches and GMs and other observers to really understand it and gain perspective and we can gather feedback etc. ..This will just give us a more robust sample to look at.”
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 03 Nov 2017, 13:33

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Insight to the G League

Maybe the ‘G’ actually stands for ‘Guinea Pig,’ what with the way the NBA uses the league as a vital testing ground.

This season, the G League will experiment with two-minute overtimes (as opposed to the standard five-minute OTs), a Coach’s Challenge (each coach gets one per game which can only be used on called fouls, goaltending, basket interference and out-of-bounds calls), and four-person referee crews (as opposed to the standard three, and only during the month of November).

“We did (the four-person referee project) in very limited fashion last year, at Long Islands Nets games, while they were played at Barclays,” Turner said. “I believe it was eight or nine games that they did there, and obviously that - in and of itself - is a very small sample set. So we really wanted to take the month of November to roll out that test across our footprint for all games, so not only for our referees but for our coaches and GMs and other observers to really understand it and gain perspective and we can gather feedback etc. ..This will just give us a more robust sample to look at.”

4 referees on the court at one time, seems like a lot of referees.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 03 Nov 2017, 18:01

mj3528 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Insight to the G League

4 referees on the court at one time, seems like a lot of referees.

The Long Island Nets....feels like a diss, unless they just got kicked out of Barclays too.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 06 Nov 2017, 14:17

ESPN Power Rankings

4. Minnesota Timberwolves
2017-18 record: 7-3
Previous ranking: 13

The Timberwolves got off to a 2-3 start but proceeded to reel off five straight wins. It's the first time they've won five in a row in a single season since January 2009.

Also the first time they've been 4 games above .500 since January 2007.

My God this is a terrible franchise.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Theny » 06 Nov 2017, 16:44

MisterTambourineMan wrote:ESPN Power Rankings

The Timberwolves got off to a 2-3 start but proceeded to reel off five straight wins. It's the first time they've won five in a row in a single season since January 2009.

Trust the process
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mister bacon » 06 Nov 2017, 17:10

MisterTambourineMan wrote:ESPN Power Rankings

addition by subtraction? Ewing theory?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Nov 2017, 12:13

This week's power rankings

23. Charlotte Hornets
2017-18 record: 6-9
Kemba Walker scored 47 points, the second most in his career, in Friday's three-point loss against the Bulls. According to Elias Sports Bureau research, the Hornets have lost 11 straight games decided by three points or fewer, tied for the second-longest streak in the NBA since 1979 when the 3-point line was implemented.

Outside of Kemba this team is pretty terrible.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Nov 2017, 12:24

CourtesyFlush wrote:This week's power rankings

23. Charlotte Hornets
Kemba Walker scored 47 points, the second most in his career, in Friday's three-point loss against the Bulls. According to Elias Sports Bureau research, the Hornets have lost 11 straight games decided by three points or fewer, tied for the second-longest streak in the NBA since 1979 when the 3-point line was implemented.

How’s that midget chucker Monk?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Nov 2017, 12:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

23. Charlotte Hornets

He is currently averaging a paltry 8.8 ppg whilst shooting at a 35% rate overall (33% from 3pt). Is that good?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Nov 2017, 12:29

CourtesyFlush wrote:

23. Charlotte Hornets

He is currently averaging a paltry 8.8 ppg whilst shooting at a 35% rate overall (33% from 3pt). Is that good?

It doesn’t sound too good to me.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 20 Nov 2017, 12:33

CourtesyFlush wrote:

23. Charlotte Hornets

It doesn’t sound too good to me.

ctz31 wrote:8.8? no 9.5 but good enough for me #mehnnf
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 20 Nov 2017, 19:11

Dthefritz wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote: Brooklyn Nets 26.5 UNDER, SUCK
Charlotte Hornets 42.5 OVER, EAST SUCKS

I'd flip these two honestly. BK sucks, but they have no reason to tank and I see them winning 28-30 games. Hornets seem to be quasi-jinxed.

I could see that, but outside of Russell what does Brooklyn have? What does Russell have?? They need that Texas kid to step up quickly to reach that over. I have irrational confidence in Charlotte.

My baseless gut-level proclamations are better than your baseless gut-level proclamations!
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby CourtesyFlush » Yesterday, 08:39

Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote: Brooklyn Nets 26.5 UNDER, SUCK
Charlotte Hornets 42.5 OVER, EAST SUCKS

I'd flip these two honestly. BK sucks, but they have no reason to tank and I see them winning 28-30 games. Hornets seem to be quasi-jinxed.

I could see that, but outside of Russell what does Brooklyn have? What does Russell have?? They need that Texas kid to step up quickly to reach that over. I have irrational confidence in Charlotte.

My baseless gut-level proclamations are better than your baseless gut-level proclamations!

This guy knows basketball

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Previous

Return to NBA