2017 NBA Draft

Re: 2017 NBA Draft

Postby Jew Jitsu » 17 May 2017, 15:53

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Kawhi had legit questions about him coming out of SDSU, for what it's worth.

Good point.

I thought De’Aaron Fox was a big loser yesterday. Looks like he’ll either be stuck on the Kings or Knicks now or else fall out of the top ten. A real no-win situation right there.

Yeah but imagine if he wins in NY. He'd never pay for a slice of pizza in that city again!
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby ONTB » 17 May 2017, 15:59

mj3528 wrote:
ONTB wrote:I feel like the only players people have actually seen at the top of this draft are Monk, Fox and Jackson. East coast bias. But everyone is just making shit up about the other guys.

People have seen Alonzo Ball. Maybe not a lot, but they have seen him play.

Yeah, but they probably all saw like the same 5 or 6 marquee games where he looked like a slow defensive liability with a broke dick shot. But all we get are gushing praise for his mature offensive game and ability to run a up tempo offense. Which I'm sure he displayed running it up against Washington, Cal, Oregon State, etc., games no one saw.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Jew Jitsu » 17 May 2017, 16:05

Thank god you're here ontb, please rank the incoming class and compare them to NBA talent past and present. Thank you
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 17 May 2017, 17:02

I can give a semi informed opinion of Ball and Josh Jackson. I can give you a detailed breakdown of borderline 2nd round prospect Peter Jok. Otherwise, there's a reason I'm not running around commenting on Fultz or someone like that.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ONTB » 17 May 2017, 17:37

Yeah, ok. Based on NBA.net mock.

1. Markelle Fultz - Celtics

I've seen 0 Markelle Fultz games. I HAVE seen some highlights. One of my good friend's cousin's wife went to Washington and she said Fultz reminded her of CJ Wilcox. So, that's not a good sign. The old black guy in my office said Fultz is D Wade with a three point shot. I mean, wow, that sounds great. So, something between CJ Wilcox and D Wade with a three point shot.

2. Lonzo Ball - Lakers

I seen those 5 or 6 games everyone else has. I think he's going to mostly suck. De'Aaron Fox made him look like any other ordinary college guard. Rich man's Michael Carter-Williams. Internet says he's fucking this girl.
Will probably be his career highlight.

3. Josh Jackson - Sixers

Best I can tell Bald hates this. Check in the plus column there. I'm going with him as the best prospect in the draft for today's NBA. Jimmy Butler part 2.

4. De'Aaron Fox - Suns

He's a strange looking guy. Also looks emaciated. I've seen him a bunch. Sort of Mike Conley coming out, in that he can't shoot and disappears from time to time. Great athlete. Probably second best prospect in the draft-- with the consideration I have no idea about Fultz.

5. Jayson Tatum - Kings

Who the fuck knows. Probably ends up out of the league in like 5 years if he gets stuck on the Kings

6. Jonathan Isaac - Magic

I've seen him 3 or 4 times. Has bust written all over him. Looks like he barely understands basketball. Hakim Warrick.

7. Dennis Smith - T wolves

Any time you can get a point guard who dominates the ball, turns it over all the time, and makes his team worse, you have to do it. I've seen a few of his games. Comparisons to Baron Davis seem fine. Could see him getting really fat. DeRon Williams post Denver.

8. Malik Monk - Knicks

Buddy Hield part 2.

9. Zach Collins - Dallas

I have no idea. I've seen two of his games. He dominated South Carolina. Could be like Al Horford.

10. Frank Ntilikina - Kings

Jike: fill in.

Other guys I like: TJ Leaf (he's a better prospect than Ball), Sindarius Thornwell, Nigel Williams-Goss

John Collins would have been great 20 years ago.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 May 2017, 17:54

Thank you. Because of ONTB, I am talking myself into this guy. I read that he has a high basketball IQ. But that he shoots 28% from deep and 54% FT.

I don't know. These highlights don't knock my socks off. /31. Lot of transition wide open dunks. I'm telling you, he's just a guy.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 17 May 2017, 18:10

ONTB wrote:7. Dennis Smith - T wolves

Any time you can get a point guard who dominates the ball, turns it over all the time, and makes his team worse, you have to do it. I've seen a few of his games. Comparisons to Baron Davis seem fine. Could see him getting really fat. DeRon Williams post Denver.

IDK, I know Baron Davis had his ups and downs, and fell off a cliff early in his career due to conditioning issues, but if you could draft a guy who had his career at #7, it would be a steal. When locked in, the dude was the complete package. At his peak, he had multiple seasons of averaging 20/8 on pretty decent percentages. He was arguably the best PG in the league at points.

Anyway, Buddy Hield showed some signs of life in Sacramento post-trade. Let's see how he does. What this means for Monk and his potential Knicks-dom I couldn't tell you.

TY for breakdown.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby CourtesyFlush » 17 May 2017, 19:45

Terrible analysis as expected. Dude was on a shitty team and HAD to take over because of limited offensive options on the floor with him at all times. Led the ACC (the best conference in the country) in assists, 2nd in steals, and 6th in PPG.

Yeah, he sucks.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby God Shamgod » 17 May 2017, 19:45

Love the ONTB NBA Draft taeks. ANyone remind you of Samuel Dalambert this year?

Isaac is definitely the most talented player FSU ever had (I didn't see Dave Cowens, but when we have good players it's usually a 5th senior grinder type like Al Thornton or Toney Douglas and not a 1 and done stud). Totally as advertised as a 5 star, 1 and done. He's what teams are looking for now. 6'10, long, can shoot 3's, protect the rim, get a rebound on the defensive end and bring the ball up the court. Didn't take many bad shots and was a good free throw shooter which I appreciated. Could have definitely put up better numbers on a worse team, but really into the team concept. Maybe even deferred to our good, but high volume players like Bacon and XRM a little bit too much. He's really skinny and will get pushed around for the next 2-3 years doe.

Smith seemed to quit several times I saw him, but NC State was such a dumpster fire. NBA talent though.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby ONTB » 17 May 2017, 20:00

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Terrible analysis as expected. Dude was on a shitty team and HAD to take over because of limited offensive options on the floor with him at all times. Led the ACC (the best conference in the country) in assists, 2nd in steals, and 6th in PPG.

Yeah, he sucks.

I actually agree with this. It was clear the team had no direction and were always in scramble mode on both sides of the floor. I think the hype for Smith is warranted. He clearly has the individual skills to be a ball in hand scoring guard in the NBA. I think the thing is guys like him and Fultz might be behind Ball and Fox initially because those guys got legit run in pro style offenses in college, whereas Smith and Fultz really didn't get much out of college.

On Monk, he's undersized and you probably will have to hide him on defense. His game will come down to his ability to get to the basket and finish at the NBA level. He can shoot, no doubt. But does he become a JJ Redick type or something more? Becauses he's small and not the best ball handler in the world, I don't think he's ever going to be a 20 point a game guy on a good team.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby ONTB » 17 May 2017, 20:03

God Shamgod wrote:Love the ONTB NBA Draft taeks. ANyone remind you of Samuel Dalambert this year?

Isaac is definitely the most talented player FSU ever had (I didn't see Dave Cowens, but when we have good players it's usually a 5th senior grinder type like Al Thornton or Toney Douglas and not a 1 and done stud). Totally as advertised as a 5 star, 1 and done. He's what teams are looking for now. 6'10, long, can shoot 3's, protect the rim, get a rebound on the defensive end and bring the ball up the court. Didn't take many bad shots and was a good free throw shooter which I appreciated. Could have definitely put up better numbers on a worse team, but really into the team concept. Maybe even deferred to our good, but high volume players like Bacon and XRM a little bit too much. He's really skinny and will get pushed around for the next 2-3 years doe.

Smith seemed to quit several times I saw him, but NC State was such a dumpster fire. NBA talent though.

Homer
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby God Shamgod » 17 May 2017, 20:12

Of course he could bust, because the NBA strength may never come, but he's an NBA talent all day.

ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby ONTB » 17 May 2017, 20:21

God Shamgod wrote:Of course he could bust, because the NBA strength may never come, but he's an NBA talent all day.

In all seriousness, I think he's one of those guys where you don't know what he is quite yet. He should come out when he wants, but from an evaluation perspective it would be good to see him in college one more year to see if he can add some good weight, post game and more consistency from 3. I've seen him run the break, so the ball skills are there. But I don't know what the dynamics of the team were and what his tendency for passive play is.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 May 2017, 20:30

A pro draft prospect who you don't know what he is quite yet.

Dude.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby God Shamgod » 17 May 2017, 20:35

Gregs Kite wrote:A pro draft prospect who you don't know what he is quite yet.

Dude.

It's a fluid situation.

It seems like there is a pretty big drop off after the Top 10 (counting that French PG I know nothing about).
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

PreviousNext

Return to NBA