Basketball: The Gathering (The Analytics Thread)

Re: Basketball: The Gathering (The Analytics Thread)

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jul 2017, 12:55

So per that, Gordan Hayward is good for about 2 additional losses for the Celtics? And no effect on the Jazz.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Jul 2017, 13:17

Briandong79 wrote:So per that, Gordan Hayward is good for about 2 additional losses for the Celtics? And no effect on the Jazz.

It also has the Wolves winning 50 games. I don't think the research is sound.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Jul 2017, 13:17

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Thought this was interesting--could the Western Conference field two separate all star teams to beat the East's best team?

You'd obviously give any East team with LeBron a fighting chance, but I think the West team wins a seven game series in no more than 5 games.

Concur.

2018 win projections based on current rosters. Minutes projections done algorithmically, so lots of errors but

Bump.

I'll bet the house on Sixers Over!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Jul 2017, 13:25

clippers. hmmm.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Jew Jitsu » 10 Jul 2017, 19:15

Come on nets you cunts!
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby JT99 » 10 Jul 2017, 20:06

Must not think highly of Lonzo.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Jul 2017, 00:00

Briandong79 wrote:So per that, Gordan Hayward is good for about 2 additional losses for the Celtics? And no effect on the Jazz.

Is that a simple typo, or a tribute to former Jazz great Gordan Giricek? I like to imagine it's the latter.

Anyway, I'm guessing the Celtics projection has more to do with a regression year for Thomas [who had one of the biggest outlier seasons of all time given age and performance] and Horford being a year older than Hayward making them worse.

The Jazz had pretty bad luck with injuries last year, to the point that I think that average health could offset the loss of Hayward. That and improvement from guys like Hood and Gobert who are still pretty young. There seems to be a TAEK gathering momentum that the Jazz will be much better than expected, and I think it's based more on those factors than ZOMG EWING THEORY.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Previous

Return to NBA