NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby Rodney Farva » 25 Jan 2018, 20:59

best team ever:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
1991 East all-star team

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 25 Jan 2018, 21:12

Rodney Farva wrote:best team ever:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
1991 East all-star team

Really going out on a limb with that one.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Jan 2018, 21:44

The '96 team had prime Shaq AND prime Hakeem. '92 team has neither. Save your MJ worship for another day, haterzzz. It was a big man's league back then.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » 25 Jan 2018, 21:48

...that's pretty clearly an Eastern All-star squad and not the Dream Team.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Jan 2018, 21:57

JichaelDick wrote:...that's pretty clearly an Eastern All-star squad and not the Dream Team.

Was the first clue that farva identified it as the 91 east team in the post?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 25 Jan 2018, 21:59

Briandong79 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:...that's pretty clearly an Eastern All-star squad and not the Dream Team.

Was the first clue that farva identified it as the 91 east team in the post?

WHOOOPS.

Taking the L chode on that one.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Jan 2018, 22:00

It sounds like you're trying to argue around my scorching TAEK with a bunch of nonsense, if I'm keeping it a buck.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby nova » 31 Jan 2018, 09:52

I don't like the new ASG format. It didn't address my biggest gripe with the game (non-competitive, glorified dunk/3 point competition) and added my second biggest gripe about the NBA all around. We get it - all of these guys are friends for the most part. They've been playing against/with each other since they were 12 years old. With that said, can we at least have the illusion that these guys don't like their rivals as much as the fans despise them? I don't want to see made for TV moments like Lebron, Kyrie, Durant and Westbrook on the floor at the same time. That's dumb. I want to see Curry, Thompson, Draymond and Durant freezing out Westbrook for all the shit he talked about Durant. I want to see Anthony Davis put Joel Embiid in his place. Now, it's just a good old fashioned circlejerk where the league can say "BETCHA NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D SEE LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE AND KRISTAPS PORTZINGAS ON THE SAME TEAM, HUH?".

Adam SIlver is doing most of the right things, but he fucked up here. Once you leave the traditional East-West format, who's to say what other changes are coming.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby ctz31 » 31 Jan 2018, 09:56

nova wrote:I don't like the new ASG format. It didn't address my biggest gripe with the game (non-competitive, glorified dunk/3 point competition) and added my second biggest gripe about the NBA all around. We get it - all of these guys are friends for the most part. They've been playing against/with each other since they were 12 years old. With that said, can we at least have the illusion that these guys don't like their rivals as much as the fans despise them? I don't want to see made for TV moments like Lebron, Kyrie, Durant and Westbrook on the floor at the same time. That's dumb. I want to see Curry, Thompson, Draymond and Durant freezing out Westbrook for all the shit he talked about Durant. I want to see Anthony Davis put Joel Embiid in his place. Now, it's just a good old fashioned circlejerk where the league can say "BETCHA NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D SEE LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE AND KRISTAPS PORTZINGAS ON THE SAME TEAM, HUH?".

Adam SIlver is doing most of the right things, but he fucked up here. Once you leave the traditional East-West format, who's to say what other changes are coming.

Plus they need to add in a HORSE competition. /thedork
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Theny » 31 Jan 2018, 10:04

Well, we've been seeing a lot of fight this year so maybe we're getting there. I also enjoy the Embiid/Westbrook beef. So strange.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 31 Jan 2018, 17:12

ctz31 wrote:
nova wrote:I don't like the new ASG format. It didn't address my biggest gripe with the game (non-competitive, glorified dunk/3 point competition) and added my second biggest gripe about the NBA all around. We get it - all of these guys are friends for the most part. They've been playing against/with each other since they were 12 years old. With that said, can we at least have the illusion that these guys don't like their rivals as much as the fans despise them? I don't want to see made for TV moments like Lebron, Kyrie, Durant and Westbrook on the floor at the same time. That's dumb. I want to see Curry, Thompson, Draymond and Durant freezing out Westbrook for all the shit he talked about Durant. I want to see Anthony Davis put Joel Embiid in his place. Now, it's just a good old fashioned circlejerk where the league can say "BETCHA NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D SEE LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE AND KRISTAPS PORTZINGAS ON THE SAME TEAM, HUH?".

Plus they need to add in a HORSE competition. /thedork

I like nova's TAEK. However, I disagree in the sense that the ASG is pretty much a huge waste of time as it is, so I can't be mad at the league for trying something new.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Jan 2018, 17:35

What make the new format interesting is if they all warm up while the two captains go into a secluded room to pick teams (takes care of the bruised labias over who is picked when). Announce it 10 minutes before tip. It’s a pickup game anyway, the pregame tension would add a nice little touch.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mj3528 » 31 Jan 2018, 17:37

Rodney Farva wrote:What make the new format interesting is if they all warm up while the two captains go into a secluded room to pick teams (takes care of the bruised labias over who is picked when). Announce it 10 minutes before tip. It’s a pickup game anyway, the pregame tension would add a nice little touch.

Losers get $75,000 and the winners get $100,000

Make it winners get $250,000 and losers get $25,000. That would make it more interesting.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2018, 17:47

mj3528 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:What make the new format interesting is if they all warm up while the two captains go into a secluded room to pick teams (takes care of the bruised labias over who is picked when). Announce it 10 minutes before tip. It’s a pickup game anyway, the pregame tension would add a nice little touch.

Make it winners get $250,000 and losers get $25,000. That would make it more interesting.

If you are going down that road, toss in a money ball from time to time and whichever side scores more while the moneyball is in play picks up a bonus payment.

Gamify the whole damn game.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 31 Jan 2018, 18:01

chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

If you are going down that road, toss in a money ball from time to time and whichever side scores more while the moneyball is in play picks up a bonus payment.

Gamify the whole damn game.

Yeah make money moves.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

PreviousNext

Return to NBA