NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 22 Nov 2017, 16:08

mister bacon wrote:I am unsure whether this is a strong taek but vince carter is a HOFer.

Chris Bosh would be a stronger taek.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Nov 2017, 16:14

Mario Speedwagon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:I am unsure whether this is a strong taek but vince carter is a HOFer.

Chris Bosh would be a stronger taek.

Carter taek is STONG in that some people become very angry and irritable at the thought. But less so in that he will absolutely get in. I mean look at who's there already, no way to keep him out.

I think Bosh will make it, rightly or wrongly. Look at teams that have won multiple titles, and the #3 guy is in more often than not. Parrish, Worthy, Rodman are all there.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 Nov 2017, 16:19

I think its a real hot taek. As we all know, the NBA Hall of Fame is very exclusive and not that many people get in.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 22 Nov 2017, 16:30

Gregs Kite wrote:I think its a real hot taek. As we all know, the NBA Hall of Fame is very exclusive and not that many people get in.

There is no NBA Hall of Fame.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Nov 2017, 16:38

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:I think its a real hot taek. As we all know, the NBA Hall of Fame is very exclusive and not that many people get in.

Pow.gif
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 Nov 2017, 16:40

TheWolf wrote:

Makes my point all the more stronger.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 22 Nov 2017, 16:42

Both of those guys are no brainer hall of famers. No strong taeks there.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SGFan » 08 Dec 2017, 14:47

Dthefritz wrote:
SGFan wrote:My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.

TAEKS are always welcome in this thread, but I really don't agree with you at all. There's always time for pickup. IDK how you could watch guys like Curry or Harden and not think they played a ton of pickup over the years.

That theory wasn't completely my own. Espn had an article a few years ago about how nobody played pick-up basketball anymore. It wasn't an isolated thing, they went to like four or five cities and it was the same everywhere. I just listed to Zach Lowe's last podcast with Jeff Van Gundy. Van Gundy was talking about NBA players working on their games and said 'nobody plays pick-up anymore.' Not that they don't work on their games, just that its not pick up games. So I'm doubling down on my taek. It doesn't seem like it affects regular games. But it could be a possible explanation for the horrible all-star game.
SGFan
Hope College Alum

Postby nova » 08 Dec 2017, 15:39

SGFan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
SGFan wrote:My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.

TAEKS are always welcome in this thread, but I really don't agree with you at all. There's always time for pickup. IDK how you could watch guys like Curry or Harden and not think they played a ton of pickup over the years.

That theory wasn't completely my own. Espn had an article a few years ago about how nobody played pick-up basketball anymore. It wasn't an isolated thing, they went to like four or five cities and it was the same everywhere. I just listed to Zach Lowe's last podcast with Jeff Van Gundy. Van Gundy was talking about NBA players working on their games and said 'nobody plays pick-up anymore.' Not that they don't work on their games, just that its not pick up games. So I'm doubling down on my taek. It doesn't seem like it affects regular games. But it could be a possible explanation for the horrible all-star game.

These guys go to open gyms, though, and will play games with random dudes. The quality of play isn't much different than an all-star game; just a bunch of niggas going iso, and passing when they can't get a good shot off.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Dec 2017, 22:43

when they can't get a shot off. good is often irrelevant.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Dthefritz » 10 Dec 2017, 21:16

nova wrote:
SGFan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

These guys go to open gyms, though, and will play games with random dudes. The quality of play isn't much different than an all-star game; just a bunch of niggas going iso, and passing when they can't get a good shot off.

This is a rare correct usage of the word quality. Thumbsup. And agree with your taek.

Maybe guys play pickup less than they used to, but to say they don't play at all is an overstatement.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Dec 2017, 22:01

I think it's time us Warriors Haters got on board the Rockets train. They're ARE last, best hope.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 19 Dec 2017, 23:09

Dthefritz wrote:I think it's time us Warriors Haters got on board the Rockets train. They're ARE last, best hope.

I want the warriors again. Rubber match.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Dec 2017, 23:16

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I think it's time us Warriors Haters got on board the Rockets train. They're ARE last, best hope.

I respect that. And I am 100% behind you in case of said rubber match.

But I think Houston has a better shot to beat them. They are a wagon. Also, Harden doesn't do that dumb cooking celebration anymore, so that's a plus.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 20 Dec 2017, 09:19

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I respect that. And I am 100% behind you in case of said rubber match.

But I think Houston has a better shot to beat them. They are a wagon. Also, Harden doesn't do that dumb cooking celebration anymore, so that's a plus.

does he still wish to not give a single fuck in an elimination game? asking for a friend
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to NBA