NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Nov 2017, 23:11

there’s a young guy on Sacramento, Skal Labisiere. at some point this season someone on another team is going to haul off and slug him. he’s one of those guys who is annoying to play against because he always grabs and pushes all over the floor.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24986
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby SGFan » 14 Nov 2017, 16:46

My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.
SGFan
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 May 2006, 15:41

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Nov 2017, 19:07

SGFan wrote:My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.

TAEKS are always welcome in this thread, but I really don't agree with you at all. There's always time for pickup. IDK how you could watch guys like Curry or Harden and not think they played a ton of pickup over the years.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby mj3528 » 14 Nov 2017, 19:12

Dthefritz wrote:
SGFan wrote:My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.

TAEKS are always welcome in this thread, but I really don't agree with you at all. There's always time for pickup. IDK how you could watch guys like Curry or Harden and not think they played a ton of pickup over the years.


Plus NBA guys play pick up all the time in the summer.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9325
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Nov 2017, 19:19

You guys can say the ASG looks pickup-ish, but ion agree. How many pickup games run any plays other than a scrub (me) setting a pick for someone who doesn’t suck?

I know it’s a ton of dunks and dicking around, but it’s still way more organized than a pickup game. IMHO
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31094
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby mister bacon » 20 Nov 2017, 09:39

this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Nov 2017, 09:48

mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


Really is. There's actual parity. I doubt it lasts too long but with all the changing players and rosters and new roles and dynamics it's making each game winnable for practically anyone. Unless you're playing the Warriors. Or Celtics, I guess.


There are so many good/great young players.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby mister bacon » 20 Nov 2017, 10:37

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


Really is. There's actual parity. I doubt it lasts too long but with all the changing players and rosters and new roles and dynamics it's making each game winnable for practically anyone. Unless you're playing the Warriors. Or Celtics, I guess.


There are so many good/great young players.


maybe AAU basketball, is.... good? I mean it's a cesspool but this generation of players that has grown up in that system all seem very level headed and passionate about the game. everyone trying to prove something on every night. good stuff.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Nov 2017, 10:40

mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


Really is. There's actual parity. I doubt it lasts too long but with all the changing players and rosters and new roles and dynamics it's making each game winnable for practically anyone. Unless you're playing the Warriors. Or Celtics, I guess.


There are so many good/great young players.


maybe AAU basketball, is.... good? I mean it's a cesspool but this generation of players that has grown up in that system all seem very level headed and passionate about the game. everyone trying to prove something on every night. good stuff.


Supposedly all anyone in AAU wants to do is shoot threes right now.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby TheWolf » 20 Nov 2017, 10:43

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


Really is. There's actual parity. I doubt it lasts too long but with all the changing players and rosters and new roles and dynamics it's making each game winnable for practically anyone. Unless you're playing the Warriors. Or Celtics, I guess.


There are so many good/great young players.


maybe AAU basketball, is.... good? I mean it's a cesspool but this generation of players that has grown up in that system all seem very level headed and passionate about the game. everyone trying to prove something on every night. good stuff.


Supposedly all anyone in AAU wants to do is shoot threes right now.


Thanks, Steph.

I went to my first college game in a few years yesterday. It seemed like both teams were way too in love with the three, especially considering neither of them shot it especially well.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby ctz31 » 20 Nov 2017, 10:44

TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


Really is. There's actual parity. I doubt it lasts too long but with all the changing players and rosters and new roles and dynamics it's making each game winnable for practically anyone. Unless you're playing the Warriors. Or Celtics, I guess.


There are so many good/great young players.


maybe AAU basketball, is.... good? I mean it's a cesspool but this generation of players that has grown up in that system all seem very level headed and passionate about the game. everyone trying to prove something on every night. good stuff.


Supposedly all anyone in AAU wants to do is shoot threes right now.


Thanks, Steph.

I went to my first college game in a few years yesterday. It seemed like both teams were way too in love with the three, especially considering neither of them shot it especially well.


I have also noticed this trend in college basketball the 3 weekends a year I watch any of it. High five wolf. We know college basketball.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9716
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby TheWolf » 20 Nov 2017, 10:53

ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


Really is. There's actual parity. I doubt it lasts too long but with all the changing players and rosters and new roles and dynamics it's making each game winnable for practically anyone. Unless you're playing the Warriors. Or Celtics, I guess.


There are so many good/great young players.


maybe AAU basketball, is.... good? I mean it's a cesspool but this generation of players that has grown up in that system all seem very level headed and passionate about the game. everyone trying to prove something on every night. good stuff.


Supposedly all anyone in AAU wants to do is shoot threes right now.


Thanks, Steph.

I went to my first college game in a few years yesterday. It seemed like both teams were way too in love with the three, especially considering neither of them shot it especially well.


I have also noticed this trend in college basketball the 3 weekends a year I watch any of it. High five wolf. We know college basketball.


Damn right we do. We should get our own radio show or something.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby mister bacon » 20 Nov 2017, 11:02

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


Really is. There's actual parity. I doubt it lasts too long but with all the changing players and rosters and new roles and dynamics it's making each game winnable for practically anyone. Unless you're playing the Warriors. Or Celtics, I guess.


There are so many good/great young players.


maybe AAU basketball, is.... good? I mean it's a cesspool but this generation of players that has grown up in that system all seem very level headed and passionate about the game. everyone trying to prove something on every night. good stuff.


Supposedly all anyone in AAU wants to do is shoot threes right now.


that's all anyone wants to do in the NBA anymore too so I get it.

I'm sure barstool will give you a podcast, 31 and wolf. it can be called the "non-vertical."
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 20 Nov 2017, 13:39

mister bacon wrote:this league is very fun this season. i am enjoying this.


I agree with this take.

It's a fun league, the players are fun, and I am having fun watching it.
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6099
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby mister bacon » 22 Nov 2017, 16:06

I am unsure whether this is a strong taek but vince carter is a HOFer.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

PreviousNext

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest