NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Jul 2017, 20:06

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Some clown that Gault hates tweeted this:

This really is reminiscent of Kobe-Shaq. Only difference is Kobe was 1000x better than Kyrie.

Is that a true statement about 1000x better?

No. Maybe like 1.21x better, but not 1000x.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby PhillyJim76 » 21 Jul 2017, 20:15

This Gault sounds like a dick
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Jul 2017, 09:39

JichaelDick wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Some clown that Gault hates tweeted this:

This really is reminiscent of Kobe-Shaq. Only difference is Kobe was 1000x better than Kyrie.

Is that a true statement about 1000x better?

No. Maybe like 1.21x better, but not 1000x.

The dumber part of the statement is the comparison to Kobe-Shaq. Conflict between a team's two best players is a pretty routine occurrence. Kobe and Shaq feuded for years, constantly and very publicly. Kobe sabotaged his team in a playoff game just to show how valuable he was. He even sold out Shaq while he was interrogated by the police. This is...not that.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 Aug 2017, 12:55

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 Aug 2017, 13:15

the conference imbalance is cyclical /31
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Sep 2017, 11:52

The Ringer Blog Ranks the Statement Jerseys

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/9/18 ... ey-ranking

20. Denver Nuggets & Dallas Mavericks (Tie)

Uggetti: Why are we using the skylines of two cities with largely unrecognizable skylines?

This is the statement jersey for Denver

Uhhh

That was tough to watch.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby nova » 21 Sep 2017, 12:18

Haley O’Shaughnessy: Ahead of the franchise moving to San Francisco, Golden State honored its home since 1971 with the City of Oakland tree logo. It’s a sweet gesture, especially since the organization plans to keep the jersey in rotation for future non-Oakland years. (Conspiracy corner: This is all an elaborate pitch to Oakland native Damian Lillard, who has the logo tatted on his chest.)

Yeah, because what Golden State needs is another point guard. What a dumb fucking cunt of a human. Not a Draymond replacement...but a guy who adds nothing to their starting lineup in three years.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Sep 2017, 16:57

nova wrote:
Haley O’Shaughnessy: Ahead of the franchise moving to San Francisco, Golden State honored its home since 1971 with the City of Oakland tree logo. It’s a sweet gesture, especially since the organization plans to keep the jersey in rotation for future non-Oakland years. (Conspiracy corner: This is all an elaborate pitch to Oakland native Damian Lillard, who has the logo tatted on his chest.)

Yeah, because what Golden State needs is another point guard. What a dumb fucking cunt of a human. Not a Draymond replacement...but a guy who adds nothing to their starting lineup in three years.

Tough, but fair.

Although I would be happy for GS to sub Dame for Curry, watch some other bitch ass duckwalk into the next 6 rings. Not that it will ever happen, of course.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Oct 2017, 14:19

Brian Windhorst
@WindhorstESPN

NBA is changing format of All-Star Game. Captains will select teams regardless of the conference, playground style

The players who win the fan vote from each conference will be the captains.

There will still be 12 players selected from each conference for the game in Los Angeles on Feb. 18. Five players from each conference will be selected as starters with fan vote being worth 50 percent, player vote worth 25 percent and media vote 25 percent. Seven reserves for each team will be picked by each conference's head coaches.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Oct 2017, 14:24

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Brian Windhorst
@WindhorstESPN

NBA is changing format of All-Star Game. Captains will select teams regardless of the conference, playground style

The players who win the fan vote from each conference will be the captains.

There will still be 12 players selected from each conference for the game in Los Angeles on Feb. 18. Five players from each conference will be selected as starters with fan vote being worth 50 percent, player vote worth 25 percent and media vote 25 percent. Seven reserves for each team will be picked by each conference's head coaches.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Oct 2017, 15:02

Meh, I like it. Nobody cares what conference is best, I'd rather see a weird mishmash of teams.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Oct 2017, 15:34

Briandong79 wrote:Meh, I like it. Nobody cares what conference is best, I'd rather see a weird mishmash of teams.

I will give you a serious response. And I do realize that I am not the target demo. Prob most of the ppl watching love that AAU/Superfriends bullshit. Me? I kind of like the conference vs conference all star games. Didn't hockey do something dumb like this? Or NFL?

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Jew Jitsu » 03 Oct 2017, 15:49

East is too weak not to do something about it. As I've said before, they would've ditched the current play offs format if it wasn't for lebron being in the east.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Oct 2017, 15:52

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Meh, I like it. Nobody cares what conference is best, I'd rather see a weird mishmash of teams.

I will give you a serious response. And I do realize that I am not the target demo. Prob most of the ppl watching love that AAU/Superfriends bullshit. Me? I kind of like the conference vs conference all star games. Didn't hockey do something dumb like this? Or NFL?

I'm not the demographic either. I'm not going to watch it either way but if I'm on Twitter and see that LeBron picked Russ with his first pick, that's a lot more intriguing than a LeBron-DeRozan-Wall-Hayward-Love lineup.

Jew Jitsu wrote:East is too weak not to do something about it. As I've said before, they would've ditched the current play offs format if it wasn't for lebron being in the east.

True, but that will change someday. One would think, at least.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Jew Jitsu » 03 Oct 2017, 16:06

Lebron is finally gonna have his banana boat crew :)
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to NBA