NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 20:39

mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I heard DA do a sideline hit tonight about how Brad Stevens cooked dinner last night for his family, even tho he is no culinary expert. It's just so useless. And completely embarrassing for a man that's like 55 to be doing these needless reports. I bet he has dark thoughts at night.

Probably made hot dogs and mac and cheese like the wolfette.

His version of huevos rancheros, which were eggs on top of French fries.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 15 May 2017, 21:06

Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I heard DA do a sideline hit tonight about how Brad Stevens cooked dinner last night for his family, even tho he is no culinary expert. It's just so useless. And completely embarrassing for a man that's like 55 to be doing these needless reports. I bet he has dark thoughts at night.

So... not like huevos rancheros at all?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 21:10

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

So... not like huevos rancheros at all?

I report, you decide.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 May 2017, 08:13

Dthefritz wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:There should be a +/- stat for Pachulia showing how well they perform when he has injured someone on the other team. MVP!

I don't believe you. According to the nation's most popular basketball writer, the Warriors don't play centers.

Steve Kerr in the locker room pregame. Yeah Mike Brown isn't already carrying 83 tons of playoff baggage, let's also have the super successful but ill head coach sitting in the locker room on camera. I doubt anyone comes up with any hot taeks if things start to go sideways.

I know Mike Brown was a suspect coach in the past, but he really doesn't need to do much here. It's not like Luke Walton had some secret fountain of basketball knowledge or experience that is beyond Brown.

The intermission interviews with Pop are no longer fun. I guess at some point we'll hit the "it's been so unfun for so long now that it's fun again" line. Projecting 2019.

I honestly never found them fun. We get it - you're so successful and well-respected that you don't have to be nice to sideline reporters.

I see you are with me on that beard though.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dthefritz » 16 May 2017, 16:48

SouthernYokel wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:There should be a +/- stat for Pachulia showing how well they perform when he has injured someone on the other team. MVP!

I don't believe you. According to the nation's most popular basketball writer, the Warriors don't play centers.

Steve Kerr in the locker room pregame. Yeah Mike Brown isn't already carrying 83 tons of playoff baggage, let's also have the super successful but ill head coach sitting in the locker room on camera. I doubt anyone comes up with any hot taeks if things start to go sideways.

I know Mike Brown was a suspect coach in the past, but he really doesn't need to do much here. It's not like Luke Walton had some secret fountain of basketball knowledge or experience that is beyond Brown.

The intermission interviews with Pop are no longer fun. I guess at some point we'll hit the "it's been so unfun for so long now that it's fun again" line. Projecting 2019.

I honestly never found them fun. We get it - you're so successful and well-respected that you don't have to be nice to sideline reporters.

I see you are with me on that beard though.

I had nothing stong to contribute on that subject. but obviously you are correct. ^5 (do we still do that?)
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Jul 2017, 11:49

The Great 2017 NBA Summer League Manifesto

Top 30 NBA Players from the Last Three Drafts

Franchise Changing Superstars
1. Karl-Anthony Towns
2. Markelle Fultz

The Generational Passers
3. Lonzo Ball
4. Ben Simmons

Fultz is franchise changing, according to this pundit.

Hey Boston, 'sup
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Jul 2017, 11:59

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:The Great 2017 NBA Summer League Manifesto

1. Karl-Anthony Towns
2. Markelle Fultz

The Generational Passers
3. Lonzo Ball
4. Ben Simmons

Hey Boston, 'sup

Well yeah, when you take the #1 overall selection in the draft and he's likely to be injured 85% of the season, the franchise changes.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jul 2017, 12:05

Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:The Great 2017 NBA Summer League Manifesto

1. Karl-Anthony Towns
2. Markelle Fultz

The Generational Passers
3. Lonzo Ball
4. Ben Simmons

Hey Boston, 'sup

Well yeah, when you take the #1 overall selection in the draft and he's likely to be injured 85% of the season, the franchise changes.

What part of that is a change for the franchise in question?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby PhillyJim76 » 19 Jul 2017, 13:37

I can't stand this bickering between you two.

Boston has a high future upside with unknown talent surrounding their current core.
Sixers have a higher future upside with drafted players who need to stay healthy.

I can't sit back and watch you two take potshots at each other.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Jul 2017, 22:56

PhillyJim76 wrote:I can't stand this bickering between you two.

Boston has a high future upside with unknown talent surrounding their current core.
Sixers have a higher future upside with drafted players who need to stay healthy.

I can't sit back and watch you two take potshots at each other.

Markelle Fultz looks like he's gonna be really good. Too early to tell of course, but there's also no real reason to expect he'll be injury prone. Lonzo got hurt in Summer League too and you don't see anybody consigning him to Bowie-dom.

My stong taek is that this will be one of the few rookie classes that live up the hype. Most classes seem to be hyped and die out quickly, but Fultz, Ball, Fox, Jackson, and Dennis Smith all look like they could be impact players from day one. Haven't seen much of Tatum, but I hope he sucks.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Jul 2017, 12:13

National writer Brandon is suggesting that Hayward left Utah because he felt slighted that Utah didnt lock him into a max deal prior to trying to do so this year. Brandon states that when Hayward received an offer from Charlotte at some point, and Utah matched, it showed Gordon that Utah wasnt really committing to him. I think. Well, here is his exact remark. He is speaking about Wiggins specifically here.

That’s exactly what Utah thought a few years ago. We’ll match anything Hayward gets on the open market. Hayward went out and got a big deal from Charlotte. Utah matched, but it showed Hayward were their heads were at and when that contract ran out he bolted. Better to lock the kid up now and show some loyalty from the small market team before he gets bitter.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Jul 2017, 14:30

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:National writer Brandon is suggesting that Hayward left Utah because he felt slighted that Utah didnt lock him into a max deal prior to trying to do so this year. Brandon states that when Hayward received an offer from Charlotte at some point, and Utah matched, it showed Gordon that Utah wasnt really committing to him. I think. Well, here is his exact remark. He is speaking about Wiggins specifically here.

That’s exactly what Utah thought a few years ago. We’ll match anything Hayward gets on the open market. Hayward went out and got a big deal from Charlotte. Utah matched, but it showed Hayward were their heads were at and when that contract ran out he bolted. Better to lock the kid up now and show some loyalty from the small market team before he gets bitter.

That is not exactly an original TAEK by Brandon. Many smarter people have made this point heading into Hayward's free agency, although of course none did so with the panache of Brandon's flamboyant and emphatic prose.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 21 Jul 2017, 14:39

Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:National writer Brandon is suggesting that Hayward left Utah because he felt slighted that Utah didnt lock him into a max deal prior to trying to do so this year. Brandon states that when Hayward received an offer from Charlotte at some point, and Utah matched, it showed Gordon that Utah wasnt really committing to him. I think. Well, here is his exact remark. He is speaking about Wiggins specifically here.

That is not exactly an original TAEK by Brandon. Many smarter people have made this point heading into Hayward's free agency, although of course none did so with the panache of Brandon's flamboyant and emphatic prose.

I live in Utah, I do not think that taek has anything to do with why Hayward left Utah.

As crazy as it sounds, it was really his desire to play with President Stevens. He likes him, and when he met with him again he was impressed how far he has progressed as a coach.

The female owner said at the end of the Jazz presentation, "Gordon will you commit to us". He hemmed and hawed and said he had to think about it.

No coffee for her.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Jul 2017, 14:52

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

I live in Utah, I do not think that taek has anything to do with why Hayward left Utah.

As crazy as it sounds, it was really his desire to play with President Stevens. He likes him, and when he met with him again he was impressed how far he has progressed as a coach.

The female owner said at the end of the Jazz presentation, "Gordon will you commit to us". He hemmed and hawed and said he had to think about it.

No coffee for her.

I'm not saying it's necessarily why he left, but people were saying even before this that Utah screwed up by failing to lock him in prior to free agency. You might be right, though. Kind of a strange decision on his part, although not a shock to anybody.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Jul 2017, 19:20

Some clown that Gault hates tweeted this:

This really is reminiscent of Kobe-Shaq. Only difference is Kobe was 1000x better than Kyrie.

Is that a true statement about 1000x better?

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

PreviousNext

Return to NBA