NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby JT99 » 21 Apr 2017, 09:31

mtm - assuming that Toronto loses this series and you are their GM.....

add pieces or blow them up?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Apr 2017, 09:40

JT99 wrote:mtm - assuming that Toronto loses this series and you are their GM.....

add pieces or blow them up?

I don't think they lose this series - Milyouwalkee is the next big thing and all, Thon Maker 4 lyfe, but I still have faith in Toronto. Regardless they're not at that stage, imo.

If anything, Casey might need to go. Which sucks. Heart that dude.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Apr 2017, 09:51

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:7 - Kyle Lowry - The EVOLUTIONARY CHAUNCEY BILLUPS, WHO SAYS NO?????

Oooooh I like that.

All things being equal, I think you might be underrating AD. I've said it before, this is a golden age of big men, and yet he's still clear cut number 1. And I'd flip Westbrook and Harden just because Westbrook gives a glimmer of a shit on defense.

The PG/Butler debate is interesting. Butler is so much better on defense but his offense is kinda sorta vastly overrated. Meanwhile George is better on offense but his defense is sorta kinda eh. I dunno. They're both all-stars, eh.

Like I thaidddd, I am keeping my eye on this. Here is what i commented before:
Theres no way Lowry should be on this list. Having drafted him for a couple of playoff fantasy runs, I am no longer a fan. He's tough, yeah. But doesnt get it done.

he was a no-show in Game 1, and had 13 last night in a blow out lost. The starters combined for 41 last night.

The dude is not someone to build around. He sucks in the playoffs.
Lets look at the past few years of regular season vs postseason numbers.

16-17
Reg: 22.4 ppg, 46.4% shooting, 41.2% 3 pointers

15-16
Reg: 21.2 ppg, 42.7%, 38.8%
Not too much of a dropoff here. And they did make the ECF.

14-15
Reg: 17.8 ppg, 41.2%, 33.8%

IJS. Wake up, white people.

I feel like this is a bitter Randy Foye fan argument.

Negative. He sucked. I loved Lowry, and I liked Allan Ray.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Apr 2017, 09:55

Dthefritz wrote:7 - Kyle Lowry - The EVOLUTIONARY CHAUNCEY BILLUPS, WHO SAYS NO?????

Oooooh I like that.

All things being equal, I think you might be underrating AD. I've said it before, this is a golden age of big men, and yet he's still clear cut number 1. And I'd flip Westbrook and Harden just because Westbrook gives a glimmer of a shit on defense.

The PG/Butler debate is interesting. Butler is so much better on defense but his offense is kinda sorta vastly overrated. Meanwhile George is better on offense but his defense is sorta kinda eh. I dunno. They're both all-stars, eh.

Theres no way Lowry should be on this list. Having drafted him for a couple of playoff fantasy runs, I am no longer a fan. He's tough, yeah. But doesnt get it done.

he was a no-show in Game 1, and had 13 last night in a blow out lost. The starters combined for 41 last night.

16-17

15-16

14-15

I feel like this is a bitter Randy Foye fan argument.

Negative. He sucked. I loved Lowry, and I liked Allan Ray.

Allan Ray sswwwoooonnnnnn. His fucking eye came out!
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 30 Apr 2017, 18:02

Oooooh I like that.

16-17

15-16

14-15

It's almost like he was playing hurt in the 15 and 17 playoffs, but was healthy in 2016.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Apr 2017, 19:07

I stand by it. He cannot win a playoff series with average teammates, which was your claim. He's a nice player, and plays with attitude. But his talent is limited. And you know this.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby PhillyJim76 » 30 Apr 2017, 19:11

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I stand by it. He cannot win a playoff series with average teammates, which was your claim. He's a nice player, and plays with attitude. But his talent is limited. And you know this.

He's no Terry Porter
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Dthefritz » 30 Apr 2017, 21:04

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I stand by it. He cannot win a playoff series with average teammates, which was your claim. He's a nice player, and plays with attitude. But his talent is limited. And you know this.

Well since you're invoking the exercise, who would beat him in a playoff series, given equal teammates? Other than the guys I ranked ahead of him, of course.

Maybe I'm just crazy to take him ahead of Butler and George, but I honestly feel like he'd shit the bed in 3 of the 7 games, but play well enough in the other 4 to come out ahead. At the end, his numbers would look worse, you are puzzled how his team even won, but they did somehow.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 May 2017, 16:22

Dthefritz wrote:

Well since you're invoking the exercise, who would beat him in a playoff series, given equal teammates? Other than the guys I ranked ahead of him, of course.

Maybe I'm just crazy to take him ahead of Butler and George, but I honestly feel like he'd shit the bed in 3 of the 7 games, but play well enough in the other 4 to come out ahead. At the end, his numbers would look worse, you are puzzled how his team even won, but they did somehow.

I will compile a list in the next couple days. I think there are a good # that should be ranked ahead of him. I get your premise. But youre wrong on him.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 01 May 2017, 17:52

I am calling a Houston upset. Spurs bench is low-key shaky. Rockets will blow them out of the water when Kawhi is not on the court.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 May 2017, 08:12

There should be a +/- stat for Pachulia showing how well they perform when he has injured someone on the other team. MVP!

Stef Curry's beard is awful. Someone needs to make an exception for him on the playoff beard thing. I guess Igoudala is the locker room guy? Igoudala should tell him it's ok to shave.

Steve Kerr in the locker room pregame. Yeah Mike Brown isn't already carrying 83 tons of playoff baggage, let's also have the super successful but ill head coach sitting in the locker room on camera. I doubt anyone comes up with any hot taeks if things start to go sideways.

The intermission interviews with Pop are no longer fun. I guess at some point we'll hit the "it's been so unfun for so long now that it's fun again" line. Projecting 2019.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 15 May 2017, 08:16

The sideline stuff lost a lot when Saigs died. He was in on it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 15 May 2017, 18:39

SouthernYokel wrote:There should be a +/- stat for Pachulia showing how well they perform when he has injured someone on the other team. MVP!

I don't believe you. According to the nation's most popular basketball writer, the Warriors don't play centers.

Steve Kerr in the locker room pregame. Yeah Mike Brown isn't already carrying 83 tons of playoff baggage, let's also have the super successful but ill head coach sitting in the locker room on camera. I doubt anyone comes up with any hot taeks if things start to go sideways.

I know Mike Brown was a suspect coach in the past, but he really doesn't need to do much here. It's not like Luke Walton had some secret fountain of basketball knowledge or experience that is beyond Brown.

The intermission interviews with Pop are no longer fun. I guess at some point we'll hit the "it's been so unfun for so long now that it's fun again" line. Projecting 2019.

I honestly never found them fun. We get it - you're so successful and well-respected that you don't have to be nice to sideline reporters.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 20:00

I heard DA do a sideline hit tonight about how Brad Stevens cooked dinner last night for his family, even tho he is no culinary expert. It's just so useless. And completely embarrassing for a man that's like 55 to be doing these needless reports. I bet he has dark thoughts at night.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 15 May 2017, 20:02

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I heard DA do a sideline hit tonight about how Brad Stevens cooked dinner last night for his family, even tho he is no culinary expert. It's just so useless. And completely embarrassing for a man that's like 55 to be doing these needless reports. I bet he has dark thoughts at night.

Probably made hot dogs and mac and cheese like the wolfette.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to NBA