NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby PhillyJim76 » 31 Jan 2018, 19:02

Pick the players on the court right before the game starts. You wouldn’t pay to see Russell Westbrook’s steaming anger if JohnWall gets picked before him. Then a week later thunder vs wizards? Shame the NBA is a bunch of girls with soft egos
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2018, 19:50

PhillyJim76 wrote:Pick the players on the court right before the game starts. You wouldn’t pay to see Russell Westbrook’s steaming anger if JohnWall gets picked before him. Then a week later thunder vs wizards? Shame the NBA is a bunch of girls with soft egos

Hell, redraft at halftime. Give each captain a salary cap and peg the value of All Stars based on their first half performance. Say every captain has a hundo to spend at the half, and John Wall was the leading scorer in the first with 24 points, then he'd cost $30 to keep on the squad. If Harden only went off for 13 in the first and cost $15 bucks, then your captain might want to rejigger his entire lineup to get more cheaper and more motivated guys for the second half.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jan 2018, 20:02

Yeah?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 31 Jan 2018, 20:12

chrisco wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Pick the players on the court right before the game starts. You wouldn’t pay to see Russell Westbrook’s steaming anger if JohnWall gets picked before him. Then a week later thunder vs wizards? Shame the NBA is a bunch of girls with soft egos

Hell, redraft at halftime. Give each captain a salary cap and peg the value of All Stars based on their first half performance. Say every captain has a hundo to spend at the half, and John Wall was the leading scorer in the first with 24 points, then he'd cost $30 to keep on the squad. If Harden only went off for 13 in the first and cost $15 bucks, then your captain might want to rejigger his entire lineup to get more cheaper and more motivated guys for the second half.

Too far, sco. Too far.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2018, 20:30

Theny wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Too far, sco. Too far.

Would it have helped if I ended that post with a WHO SAYS NO?

I thought we were going full Phil Simpson here. I guess we are not entertained?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Jew Jitsu » 31 Jan 2018, 20:33

In all my life I watched less than ten minutes of an all star game and I know more about the NBA than anyone here except perhaps Fritz. Who gives a fuck?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby ctz31 » 31 Jan 2018, 20:35

Jew Jitsu wrote:In all my life I watched less than ten minutes of an all star game and I know more about the NBA than anyone here except perhaps Fritz. Who gives a fuck?

I'll give you $50 on the over. You'll watch.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Feb 2018, 11:36

ctz31 wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:In all my life I watched less than ten minutes of an all star game and I know more about the NBA than anyone here except perhaps Fritz. Who gives a fuck?

This was the first all-star game I've watched in years, but I actually enjoyed it. Much better effort level/competitiveness than I remembered from other outings. That said, if I hadn't been watching with friends, I probably would have gotten bored and done something else. STONG.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Feb 2018, 11:38

Dthefritz wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

This was the first all-star game I've watched in years, but I actually enjoyed it. Much better effort level/competitiveness than I remembered from other outings. That said, if I hadn't been watching with friends, I probably would have gotten bored and done something else. STONG.

I watched 2/3 of it just hoping Joel wouldn’t get injured. He played well. I was pleased.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Feb 2018, 11:40

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

I watched 2/3 of it just hoping Joel wouldn’t get injured. He played well. I was pleased.

I agree. I wasn't totally sure if he played well or not, but then a mighty Boston sports genius who was in attendance confirmed my suspicions. All in all, a good night.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Goose » 19 Feb 2018, 11:52

chrisco wrote:
Theny wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Too far, sco. Too far.

Would it have helped if I ended that post with a WHO SAYS NO?

I thought we were going full Phil Simpson here. I guess we are not entertained?

This would be entertaining, but only if they give each captain a white board and make them show their math (no calculators allowed). Now, WHO SAYS NO?
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Basketball Jesus

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Feb 2018, 12:27

Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

I agree. I wasn't totally sure if he played well or not, but then a mighty Boston sports genius who was in attendance confirmed my suspicions. All in all, a good night.

Cool.

You're in here now.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 Feb 2018, 20:22

stick a fork in all the prelims (rising stars, dunk, 3 pt, skills) and just play the all star game. #STONG
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Feb 2018, 20:31

Rodney Farva wrote:stick a fork in all the prelims (rising stars, dunk, 3 pt, skills) and just play the all star game. #STONG

Dunk and 3 point contest are still worthwhile. Ur crazy. The other two are a complete waste of time, no argument there.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Feb 2018, 20:53

As someone raised on rock n jock, I'm still a celebrity game Stan, as the kids say.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to NBA