Sons Of Litterial Green: The Detroit Pistons Thread

Re: Sons Of Litterial Green: The Detroit Pistons Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Jan 2018, 21:30

Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i really wish rio was still alive, i need him to tell me what to think about this trade because frankly i just don't know what to make of it.

It's a risky all-in move, but if they're serious about building a winner around Drummond in the short-term, I don't know what else they could have done.

Good return for the Clippers, all things considered.

Drummond lo key blows. Embiid owns him.

Way to make this all about you, asshole.

Yeah, I don't think Drummond is a franchise-caliber player. Him and Griffin seem like a great fit in theory, but I also feel like Detroit is a couple of years away from putting a reasonable supporting cast around them, and who knows how long Griffin has before he starts flatlining.

It’s exciting for the Piston fans. But they won’t win anything. Like when we got Webber, it was pretty interesting, but he was really just a name that was pretty shot. Griffin isn’t totally shot I assume, but this won’t do anything for them in the tough east.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Jan 2018, 21:51

Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i really wish rio was still alive, i need him to tell me what to think about this trade because frankly i just don't know what to make of it.

It's a risky all-in move, but if they're serious about building a winner around Drummond in the short-term, I don't know what else they could have done.

Good return for the Clippers, all things considered.

Drummond lo key blows. Embiid owns him.

Way to make this all about you, asshole.

Yeah, I don't think Drummond is a franchise-caliber player. Him and Griffin seem like a great fit in theory, but I also feel like Detroit is a couple of years away from putting a reasonable supporting cast around them, and who knows how long Griffin has before he starts flatlining.

It’s exciting for the Piston fans. But they won’t win anything. Like when we got Webber, it was pretty interesting, but he was really just a name that was pretty shot. Griffin isn’t totally shot I assume, but this won’t do anything for them in the tough east.

Ha, Brandon-esque.

No, this won't get them past Cleveland, but Griffin for now is closer to C-Webb on the Kings [still great, but injury-prone] than C-Webb on the Sixers [hobbling around on one leg]. The only question is how long until he gets there. If he he can't give them 3 good years, it's a disaster given his contract.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Jan 2018, 06:05

"Past Cleveland."
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 30 Jan 2018, 13:32

Gregs Kite wrote:"Past Cleveland."

Agree. 3 straight conf. champion Cleveland is definitely not the team to beat in the East.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Jan 2018, 13:34

ctz31 wrote:

Agree. 3 straight conf. champion Cleveland is definitely not the team to beat in the East.

Agree. The specter of 4 straight AFC Champion Buffalo clearly indicated they would win in year five, as well.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 30 Jan 2018, 13:37

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Agree. The specter of 4 straight AFC Champion Buffalo clearly indicated they would win in year five, as well.

I'll tell ya, after week 6 of the nfl season i spent a lot of time pondering whether the jaguars trade for marcel dareus would be enough to get them past the kansas city chiefs.
ctz31
#nnf

Previous

Return to NBA