Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby mj3528 » 15 May 2017, 17:37

Dthefritz wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:A Pop coached team would never condone that kind of defense.

That's crazy talk, there's literally no reason to hate the Spurs except double-upside-down-reverse-racism against black people who aren't really black because annoying MAWG sportswriters like them. They've never been a bunch of cheap-shotting, flopping, hypocritical, ref-berating asshats. Not once.

That said, they're somehow less annoying than Golden State. Too bad they'll lose.


I want the Warriors again. Bring them on.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 10134
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 16 May 2017, 07:24

Dthefritz wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:A Pop coached team would never condone that kind of defense.

That's crazy talk, there's literally no reason to hate the Spurs except double-upside-down-reverse-racism against black people who aren't really black because annoying MAWG sportswriters like them. They've never been a bunch of cheap-shotting, flopping, hypocritical, ref-berating asshats. Not once.

That said, they're somehow less annoying than Golden State. Too bad they'll lose.


Someone said the Warriors would be a more hateable on-court group than the Heatles, and was widely mocked for it. People owe that guy an apology.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26704
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 23 May 2017, 11:42

Lonzo Ball is the spiritual successor to Manu Ginobili. It feels wrong to say but just seems right.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31831
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Dthefritz » 23 May 2017, 17:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Lonzo Ball is the spiritual successor to Manu Ginobili. It feels wrong to say but just seems right.

Dare I ask the sauce of this profound and earth-shattering taek?
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 8120
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 23 May 2017, 17:57

Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Lonzo Ball is the spiritual successor to Manu Ginobili. It feels wrong to say but just seems right.

Dare I ask the sauce of this profound and earth-shattering taek?


theringer.com
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Dthefritz » 23 May 2017, 18:01

Briandong79 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Lonzo Ball is the spiritual successor to Manu Ginobili. It feels wrong to say but just seems right.

Dare I ask the sauce of this profound and earth-shattering taek?


theringer.com

I regrettably went there just now.
Gregg Popovich Is the Sully of the NBA
Even when everything is going wrong, he lands gracefully

Oof. I think us vertebrates have had the run of this planet for too long. Give the insects a chance.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 8120
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby TheWolf » 23 May 2017, 20:50

Dthefritz wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Lonzo Ball is the spiritual successor to Manu Ginobili. It feels wrong to say but just seems right.

Dare I ask the sauce of this profound and earth-shattering taek?


theringer.com

I regrettably went there just now.
Gregg Popovich Is the Sully of the NBA
Even when everything is going wrong, he lands gracefully

Oof. I think us vertebrates have had the run of this planet for too long. Give the insects a chance.


I saw that headline this morning and spent most of my day waiting for Balls to review the column.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 20041
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Oct 2017, 15:08

Fewest days with a losing record in the NBA in the last 20 years:
Spurs - 48
Mavericks - 759
Rockets - 856
Lakers - 865
Jazz - 919


Oh.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Oct 2017, 15:15

Briandong79 wrote:
Fewest days with a losing record in the NBA in the last 20 years:
Spurs - 48
Mavericks - 759
Rockets - 856
Lakers - 865
Jazz - 919


Oh.


That looks about right.

And most days with a losing record?
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Oct 2017, 15:17

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Fewest days with a losing record in the NBA in the last 20 years:
Spurs - 48
Mavericks - 759
Rockets - 856
Lakers - 865
Jazz - 919


Oh.


That looks about right.

And most days with a losing record?


Can't find it with a quick google search. Closest I can get is worst record over the last 10, which is Timberwolves 1, Kings 2, Sixers 3.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Oct 2017, 15:18

Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Fewest days with a losing record in the NBA in the last 20 years:
Spurs - 48
Mavericks - 759
Rockets - 856
Lakers - 865
Jazz - 919


Oh.


That looks about right.

And most days with a losing record?


Can't find it with a quick google search. Closest I can get is worst record over the last 10, which is Timberwolves 1, Kings 2, Sixers 3.



Woo hoo! We're no.1! We're no.1!
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby mister bacon » 24 Oct 2017, 16:32

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Fewest days with a losing record in the NBA in the last 20 years:
Spurs - 48
Mavericks - 759
Rockets - 856
Lakers - 865
Jazz - 919


Oh.


That looks about right.

And most days with a losing record?


Can't find it with a quick google search. Closest I can get is worst record over the last 10, which is Timberwolves 1, Kings 2, Sixers 3.



Woo hoo! We're no.1! We're no.1!


looks like you traded that losing problem away to the jazz.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 27127
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Oct 2017, 21:11

mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Fewest days with a losing record in the NBA in the last 20 years:
Spurs - 48
Mavericks - 759
Rockets - 856
Lakers - 865
Jazz - 919


Oh.


That looks about right.

And most days with a losing record?


Can't find it with a quick google search. Closest I can get is worst record over the last 10, which is Timberwolves 1, Kings 2, Sixers 3.



Woo hoo! We're no.1! We're no.1!


looks like you traded that losing problem away to the jazz.


Totally........dumbass.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby mister bacon » 24 Oct 2017, 21:27

sup?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 27127
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Oct 2017, 21:36

mister bacon wrote:sup?


I'm clinging to Thibs using this as some teaching thing and worried the game passed him by
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

PreviousNext

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest