Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Mar 2017, 11:57

Please don't double post.

And don't blame the shitter wifi.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 10 Mar 2017, 00:51

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Remind me why we hate Kawhi again? He's got a cool 'frican name. He's got those fancy dread-lock hairs. Seems to have numerous tattoos.

Seems right up your thuggish, ruggish alley, no?

I don't hate him. He's awesome at basketball and I enjoy watching him play. I just don't think he's been quite as important to his team as Westbrook or Harden.

Hang on. Harden is a guy that literally does not try on defense, yet he is more important to his team than Leonard. But Isaiah Thomas, who scores a lot and, according to you, doesn't play defense, is less important to his team than John Wall?

Wake me up when Isiah Thomas starts dropping 10/11 assists per night like harden and wall.

If IT had anyone to dish to, I imagine he would. HOWEVA, a little thin on the help, so he messed around and averaged 30 points per.

Whereas harden and Westbrook average 30 ppg and 4-5 more assists per game than Isaiah.

Wait, what. We lost the point here. You told me that these two stats boyz are more important to their teams than the do-everything player that Kawhi is, which seems to contradict your statement that IT is a lesser player this year than John Wall.

Focus.

That is a fair question.

The way I see it, IT and John Wall are by far the most important players to their respective offenses. Thomas is a better scorer, but Wall is the better distributor. I think it pretty much evens out. i would give an advantage to wall, given how all else equal, I'd prefer a point guard who distributes, and Wall has shown sufficient crunch time chops that I can't give him too much of a handicap relative to IT. I cited numbers the last time we went over this. Therefore, his top-notch defense gives him the clear edge in my book.

Kawhi, relative to Harden/Westbrook, does not carry the same offensive load. Notwithstanding the Spurs being a fucking machine who can win regular season games with action figures instead of humans, he has LaMarcus Aldridge, a consistent top-10 scorer over the past decade. And the ball-moving, interchangeable parts monstrosity that is the Popovich offense. Don't get me wrong, Kawhi is awesome, cold-blooded with the game on the line and can do so much. But the level of responsibility that Harden/Westbrook have shouldered this year is unreal. It's rare enough that somebody is the primary scorer AND distributor on a legitimately good playoff team, but to do it while averaging 30 points and double figure assists. That's fucking nuts. Even LeBron has never done that. So as great as Kawhi is, I have to put him below those two in the MVP race, defense be damned.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Mar 2017, 07:43

k

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 09:05

Sweet response to the well-said reply to the nonsense you created Greg you stupid dumb cunt.

Agreed, dthe. Russ MVP, Harden 2nd, Kawhi 3rd, Bron pissed he's here, and Wall > IT. But that's some obvious shit that doesn't need to be said except to dumb cunts who don't even boast about beating the Warriors.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Mar 2017, 09:13

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Sweet response to the well-said reply to the nonsense you created Greg you stupid dumb cunt.

Agreed, dthe. Russ MVP, Harden 2nd, Kawhi 3rd, Bron pissed he's here, and Wall > IT. But that's some obvious shit that doesn't need to be said except to dumb cunts who don't even boast about beating the Warriors.

OH LOOK WHO IT IS ITS MR SUNSHINE HERE TO SHOWER US WITH HAPPINESS AND PUPPY DOGS!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Mar 2017, 09:18

Take the L, dude.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Mar 2017, 09:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Take the L, dude.

Where are you and your Asian work chums going for lunch today? Can you promise to make a shout about it this afternoon in the middle of a totally different topic?

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Mar 2017, 09:21

Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Take the L, dude.

Where are you and your Asian work chums going for lunch today? Can you promise to make a shout about it this afternoon in the middle of a totally different topic?

Prob getting pad thai, whatever that is.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby TheWolf » 10 Mar 2017, 09:24

More like thad pai, amirite? Thad.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 10:13

Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Sweet response to the well-said reply to the nonsense you created Greg you stupid dumb cunt.

OH LOOK WHO IT IS ITS MR SUNSHINE HERE TO SHOWER US WITH HAPPINESS AND PUPPY DOGS!

Wait, that was it? Dude, you actually did post some lukewarm tepid boast about beating the Warriors, this is what you come with? Huh. I haz disappoint.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Mar 2017, 10:16

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Wait, that was it? Dude, you actually did post some lukewarm tepid boast about beating the Warriors, this is what you come with? Huh. I haz disappoint.

THIS! Take it. LOL

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 15 May 2017, 14:04

Pretty sure Zaza Pachulia decided to get revenge for Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, and the rest of the 2006-07 Phoenix Suns by tapping Kawhi's ankle. HF61, thoughts?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 16:49

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 16:50

A Pop coached team would never condone that kind of defense.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dthefritz » 15 May 2017, 17:36

Briandong79 wrote:A Pop coached team would never condone that kind of defense.

That's crazy talk, there's literally no reason to hate the Spurs except double-upside-down-reverse-racism against black people who aren't really black because annoying MAWG sportswriters like them. They've never been a bunch of cheap-shotting, flopping, hypocritical, ref-berating asshats. Not once.

That said, they're somehow less annoying than Golden State. Too bad they'll lose.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to NBA