Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Oct 2017, 21:39

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:sup?

I'm clinging to Thibs using this as some teaching thing and worried the game passed him by

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that ship has sailed.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 25 Oct 2017, 06:46

Dthefritz wrote:

I'm clinging to Thibs using this as some teaching thing and worried the game passed him by

yeah but was the game on the ship when it sailed?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Oct 2017, 17:49

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

yeah but was the game on the ship when it sailed?

There was an actual game of basketball on the metaphorical ship. And then the ship sank because Shaq and Barkley were fat. Feel free to use this for your next screenplay.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 25 Oct 2017, 17:51

Spurs @ Heat tonight on national tv baby! I don't think any starters are playing. :(
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Oct 2017, 17:54

Theny wrote:Spurs @ Heat tonight on national tv baby! I don't think any starters are playing. :(

I mean Kawhi is legit injured, obviously. Otherwise, maybe if you didn't suck they'd play actual starters.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 25 Oct 2017, 17:55

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:Spurs @ Heat tonight on national tv baby! I don't think any starters are playing. :(

I mean Kawhi is legit injured, obviously. Otherwise, maybe if you didn't suck they'd play actual starters.

Whiteside is legit injured. Waiters I think too.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 25 Oct 2017, 17:56

understandable as it is a rough and fast start to the season.

D. Wade is out with an injury for the first of I am sure many times for the Cavs.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Theny » 25 Oct 2017, 17:58

mj3528 wrote:

D. Wade is out with an injury for the first of I am sure many times for the Cavs.

Supposably DWade was held out of crunch time last game to make sure he's fresh for tonight. He's out tonight. You're gonna hate this guy by All Star break.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Oct 2017, 18:02

Theny wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Supposably DWade was held out of crunch time last game to make sure he's fresh for tonight. He's out tonight. You're gonna hate this guy by All Star break.

Yeah but he volunteered to come off the bench! He's a great guy and clearly not posturing in a pathetic attempt to save his ego. 100% ginuwine guy if I ever saw one.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 25 Oct 2017, 18:05

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Yeah but he volunteered to come off the bench! He's a great guy and clearly not posturing in a pathetic attempt to save his ego. 100% ginuwine guy if I ever saw one.

Someone on The Athletic wrote that Lue wanted DWade to lead the 2nd unit, but he wouldn't go for it, so he just started him knowing he would play bad, and then Wade would ask to lead the 2nd unit.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 25 Oct 2017, 18:08

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Someone on The Athletic wrote that Lue wanted DWade to lead the 2nd unit, but he wouldn't go for it, so he just started him knowing he would play bad, and then Wade would ask to lead the 2nd unit.

BE THAT AS IT MAY, the dude was gonna get benched soon enough anyway and it's a transparent and pathetic attempt to make it seem like he's a team player and still totally a big deal who can come and go as he pleases.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 25 Oct 2017, 18:12

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

BE THAT AS IT MAY, the dude was gonna get benched soon enough anyway and it's a transparent and pathetic attempt to make it seem like he's a team player and still totally a big deal who can come and go as he pleases.

Double swishes.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby ctz31 » 26 Oct 2017, 08:15

Theny wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Agreed. I hated this dude when he single handed led me to a chip in aught five. And then when he was a main piece on like 2 or 3 other championships for me it was just nauseating. Its like go away dude. And then come back with someone else so i can boo your ass.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Dthefritz » 26 Oct 2017, 19:23

ctz31 wrote:
Theny wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Agreed. I hated this dude when he single handed led me to a chip in aught five. And then when he was a main piece on like 2 or 3 other championships for me it was just nauseating. Its like go away dude. And then come back with someone else so i can boo your ass.

I mean, I also find it strange that a Heat fan would be bitter about Dwade, but fuck it. I'm not going to let that get in the way of a good old-fashioned hatefest.

btw, please come tell me about how much of an idiot I am for saying that Kawhi isn't as good as Lebron and Durant. The Spurs are a machine. How many times do we have to go through this?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Previous

Return to NBA