Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby someguysomewhere » 01 Dec 2012, 14:29

I gotta tell ya, I'm enjoying the Spurs' heel turn this week:

Image
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: Sons of Petur Gudmundsson: The Spurs

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 01 Dec 2012, 15:03

Fuck 'em - take it to the nth degree, find Lloyd Daniels, Negele Knight & Dwayne Schintzius to sign them to 10 day contracts in time for the Heat game in Texas.
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Sons of Petur Gudmundsson: The Spurs

Postby someguysomewhere » 01 Dec 2012, 16:37

Mario Speedwagon wrote:Fuck 'em - take it to the nth degree, find Lloyd Daniels, Negele Knight & Dwayne Schintzius to sign them to 10 day contracts in time for the Heat game in Texas.


Schintzius is even less mobile than he used to be.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: Sons of Petur Gudmundsson: The Spurs

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 01 Dec 2012, 16:47

someguysomewhere wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:Fuck 'em - take it to the nth degree, find Lloyd Daniels, Negele Knight & Dwayne Schintzius to sign them to 10 day contracts in time for the Heat game in Texas.


Schintzius is even less mobile than he used to be.


:CryingDwayneSchintzius:

Cherokee Parks??
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Apr 2013, 13:21

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby someguysomewhere » 07 May 2013, 11:23

They need to reseat this lady for the next game. Or put a muzzle on her.

the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 May 2013, 11:40

Still better than Stockton and Webber.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31045
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby SDGuy » 06 Jun 2013, 22:58

Article about Pop in-game interviews. Didn't read it yet, but the video at the top is fantastic. http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/st ... -reporters
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
User avatar
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 22:48
Location: Not the 'SB'

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Jun 2013, 09:21

Fuckin Pop. What an asshole. Duncan on the bench in Game 6. And Parker on the bench last night in the final minute, which allowed the inevitable Ginobili awful pass right to Miami. Pop was outcoached by Spo. Thats unbelievable.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31045
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Jun 2013, 09:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Fuckin Pop. What an asshole. Duncan on the bench in Game 6. And Parker on the bench last night in the final minute, which allowed the inevitable Ginobili awful pass right to Miami. Pop was outcoached by Spo. Thats unbelievable.


Your sig looks stupid now. LOL.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Jun 2013, 09:32

Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Fuckin Pop. What an asshole. Duncan on the bench in Game 6. And Parker on the bench last night in the final minute, which allowed the inevitable Ginobili awful pass right to Miami. Pop was outcoached by Spo. Thats unbelievable.


Your sig looks stupid now. LOL.


I know. It wasnt a slight advantage. Stupid Theny.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31045
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby PhillyJim76 » 21 Jun 2013, 12:30

Balls how many titles have you won?
Parker was out of gas and could do nothing with Lebron locking him down.
If Manu didnt play like shit the Spurs win game 6 and again last night.
Lucky bounces with Duncan not on the floor led to Allen's 3.
Learn the game spaz.
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby Colonel Angus » 21 Jun 2013, 12:33

PhillyJim76 wrote:Balls how many titles have you won?
Parker was out of gas and could do nothing with Lebron locking him down.
If Manu didnt play like shit the Spurs win game 6 and again last night.
Lucky bounces with Duncan not on the floor led to Allen's 3.
Learn the game spaz.


Pretty sure Balls won Who's Now a few years ago.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Jun 2013, 13:33

I thought Pop's biggest mistake in Game 6 was sticking with Manu too long, because it was obvious early he didn't have it.

Can't blame him for last night. Manu fucked up again, but he had shown some stones earlier with the big 3 and steal that nearly tied it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26086
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: Sons of George Gervin: The Spurs Thread

Postby someguysomewhere » 21 Jun 2013, 13:50

JichaelDick wrote:I thought Pop's biggest mistake in Game 6 was sticking with Manu too long, because it was obvious early he didn't have it.

Can't blame him for last night. Manu fucked up again, but he had shown some stones earlier with the big 3 and steal that nearly tied it.


He was in a bit of a tough spot with Manu. Parker couldn't create as he usually does with the bum leg and LeBron on him a lot of the time. Green and Leonard can't create at all. Gary Neal is out of his mind. Manu had his head up his ass, but he was the only guy they could go with that might be able to create off the bounce.

I actually think the Spurs would be beastly next year if they could find a younger perimeter guy with some game off the bounce to replace Manu (assuming that Duncan and Pop are back).
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Next

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest