Sons of Mark Eaton: The Utah Jazz

Re: Sons of Mark Eaton: The Utah Jazz

Postby ctz31 » 10 May 2017, 10:10

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Hayward is not lebron or Durant. However, he is very important to the Jazz. If he signs a max deal here, he will become the 3rd most beloved jazz player behind Stockton and Malone. Jazz fans are nervous because they have an obvious difficulty attracting free agents.

Hayward hasn't said anything about his intentions, and the local media is sort of afraid to ask him. Hayward did give a 2 minute answer yesterday where he said nothing about his intentions.

If Hayward stays, they have some players improve, and add a piece, they can be top 3 in the west. If he leaves, they are back in thelottery

Weird, he said nothing.

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:You guys are hysterical, acting like Hayward to the Celtics will have the same impact as KD to Warriors or LeBron to the Heat. That is EXACTLY why it matters if there's a difference in talent. One tier puts you in the Finals every single year at a minimum. The other gives you a solid 50 win team and maybe a conference semifinal win.

this is my favorite of the kite arguments. claiming other people are arguing something insane that no one has even come close to saying. it's very effective at making MTM want to murder him

What exactly is the confusion? These guys are giving me the business by arguing that Hayward leaving Utah is the exact same as LeBron leaving Cleveland, Durant leaving OKC, etc.

No one is saying it is the exact same thing. We are saying it shouldn't matter.

No one, huh?

Dthefritz wrote:

Now if you have on the correct aftershave, please at your leisure recite a dramatic post into the mirror and type it back, explaining why Gordon Hayward should leave Utah when every other star is a traitor for leaving their teams in the lurch.
Thanks in advance bro.

He is calling Hayward a star and saying him potentially leaving is the exact same thing as the others.

You are receiving "the business" because of these types of comments:

This isn't a franchise altering player shifting the power from one conference to another, or crippling a city and organization. This is a nice player who may decide to go play for his college coach, not his posse of buddies in pursuit of a quick chip.

I don't understand why that matters. Why does Cleveland deserve more loyalty from Lebron than Utah from Hayward because it will be more devastating for them if he leaves?

One person leaving, subsequently sending a perennial Finals contender to four to five straight years in the lottery is a smidge different than leaving a nice little five seeded playoff team coming off a nice little playoff run. How is that not clear to everyone?[/quote]

Again, sure it's different. But why should that matter in Lebron's decision making? If you are just hating on him for the way he went about it then fine. But you seem to imply that because he is sending the franchise into the gutter by leaving, it makes him an abhorrent person, where hayward is just a nice player going to a nice team, so we should all applaud his decision.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 10 May 2017, 10:13

For some reason, I will comment. I agree with ctz. Hating Lebron for the way he handled his departure is perfectly understandable. In fact, everyone should have hated him for that. But the relative skill of the players in question, as well as how much their teams will suck if they leave, is really irrelevant. Sign wherever you want, for whatever reasons you want. That's kinda the point of free agency. As long as you're not a look-at-me asshole who flip flops about it for a year and makes it a fucking circus (admittedly with a hell of a lot of help from the media), then I got no beef with you.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 10:20

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Hayward is not lebron or Durant. However, he is very important to the Jazz. If he signs a max deal here, he will become the 3rd most beloved jazz player behind Stockton and Malone. Jazz fans are nervous because they have an obvious difficulty attracting free agents.

Hayward hasn't said anything about his intentions, and the local media is sort of afraid to ask him. Hayward did give a 2 minute answer yesterday where he said nothing about his intentions.

If Hayward stays, they have some players improve, and add a piece, they can be top 3 in the west. If he leaves, they are back in thelottery

Weird, he said nothing.

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:You guys are hysterical, acting like Hayward to the Celtics will have the same impact as KD to Warriors or LeBron to the Heat. That is EXACTLY why it matters if there's a difference in talent. One tier puts you in the Finals every single year at a minimum. The other gives you a solid 50 win team and maybe a conference semifinal win.

this is my favorite of the kite arguments. claiming other people are arguing something insane that no one has even come close to saying. it's very effective at making MTM want to murder him

What exactly is the confusion? These guys are giving me the business by arguing that Hayward leaving Utah is the exact same as LeBron leaving Cleveland, Durant leaving OKC, etc.

No one is saying it is the exact same thing. We are saying it shouldn't matter.

No one, huh?

Dthefritz wrote:

Now if you have on the correct aftershave, please at your leisure recite a dramatic post into the mirror and type it back, explaining why Gordon Hayward should leave Utah when every other star is a traitor for leaving their teams in the lurch.
Thanks in advance bro.

He is calling Hayward a star and saying him potentially leaving is the exact same thing as the others.

You are receiving "the business" because of these types of comments:

This isn't a franchise altering player shifting the power from one conference to another, or crippling a city and organization. This is a nice player who may decide to go play for his college coach, not his posse of buddies in pursuit of a quick chip.

I don't understand why that matters. Why does Cleveland deserve more loyalty from Lebron than Utah from Hayward because it will be more devastating for them if he leaves?

One person leaving, subsequently sending a perennial Finals contender to four to five straight years in the lottery is a smidge different than leaving a nice little five seeded playoff team coming off a nice little playoff run. How is that not clear to everyone?

Again, sure it's different. But why should that matter in Lebron's decision making? If you are just hating on him for the way he went about it then fine. But you seem to imply that because he is sending the franchise into the gutter by leaving, it makes him an abhorrent person, where hayward is just a nice player going to a nice team, so we should all applaud his decision.

LeBron is the best player in the league, one of the best players of all time, and was playing on his hometown team and publicly decapitated the franchise and city because a year and a half earlier he decided he want to join his buddies. If he shut up about it, said nothing, and simply put out a press release saying he was signing in Miami, then fine.

No one should applaud Hayward's decision. But no one should compare his impending free agency to anything the other franchise players did, even though this one might involve Boston and DERRRRRRRR we all need to default into BSMB mode and finger ourselfs to death trying to shit on anything Boston sports related.

Guys, Jesus Thunder Gunned Christ. It's Gordon Hayward. Please think about that for a couple few minutes before you reply, I beg you.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 10 May 2017, 10:24

Gordon Hayward got to a Final Four, LeBron didn't. People forget that.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby chrisco » 10 May 2017, 11:35

I saw a Greg Ostertag sticker on a bar bathroom door on Monday.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 11:47

chrisco wrote:I saw a Greg Ostertag sticker on a bar bathroom door on Monday.

What time? Like, 10am?

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 10 May 2017, 11:50

Gregs Kite wrote:
chrisco wrote:I saw a Greg Ostertag sticker on a bar bathroom door on Monday.

What time? Like, 10am?

Like I'm awake at 10 AM. :lol:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dthefritz » 10 May 2017, 18:32

Dthefritz wrote:God has a plan for all of us, and who are we to say how many whiny, illogical shitposts the Heavenly Father requires of this man before he expires? All that's left for us to do is sit back and enjoy his explanations of why LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony committed horrors worse than Japanese biological experiments in Manchuria by leaving the teams that drafted them, but why Gordon Heyward not only has a right to do the same, but has a moral obligation to take less money to go to a worse team.

See? I hope you enjoyed it every bit as much as I did. The whining, the evasions, the irrelevant personal attacks, the implication that Mr. Black Hole of Human Empathy is deeply touched by the plight of Cleveland's and Orlando's fans. I guess the fact that Minnesota hasn't made the playoffs since the KG trade is due to the incompetence of the franchise, whereas the Magic drafting busts like Hezonja and Peyton is due solely to the psychic damage of Dwight Howard's awfulness.

It was a tour de force, really. Even Stalin apologists aren't this entertaining. I look forward to more shouting of arbitrary rules for athletes and franchises to live by, followed by outrage at those who have the audacity to point out when saidsame rules are broken by Boston players and teams.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 18:56

How much did you need to psych yourself up to pretend the possibility of a third team All NBA player possibly signing with Boston was worth this nonsense?

Let's revisit this when Olynyk signs with Orlando this summer. Rest up and get your faux outrage ready.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 10 May 2017, 19:26

Gregs Kite wrote:How much did you need to psych yourself up to pretend the possibility of a third team All NBA player possibly signing with Boston was worth this nonsense?

Let's revisit this when Olynyk signs with Orlando this summer. Rest up and get your faux outrage ready.

No, it's your faux outrage that is in question here as well as that of all the mouthbreathers in this fine country who act like there's some magical bond between player and city that is cruelly broken when the athlete decides to play somewhere else. I have no problem with Hayward signing in Boston or any team of his choosing. It's just funny that you are ignoring all your own tardtastic rules when free agency benefits your team.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 19:38

You do recall this all started with you asking me to explain how this was the same as other "stars" singing elsewhere right?

You mentioned aftershave and everything, which I still don't get, but that's because I'm fat and stupid and American and don't understand correlations between this and Leningrads role in the usurping of Colombian militants urban turf glassware. Or something. Here, look:

Dthefritz wrote:
Now if you have on the correct aftershave, please at your leisure recite a dramatic post into the mirror and type it back, explaining why Gordon Hayward should leave Utah when every other star is a traitor for leaving their teams in the lurch. Thanks in advance bro.

See? Bro?

The very crux of your painful, forced argument rests on comparing Gordon Fucking Hayward with actual, real life NBA stars.

Talk about admirable and impressive and Stalin apologies and Zionist über allies or what the fuck ever piddling, condescending schlock you have up your sleeve, THAT was the most impressive thing out of this entire mess.

Gordon Hayward. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 10 May 2017, 20:05

The exact argument you made has already been dismantled above by non-America-hating faggots like SY, CTZ and TheWolf. But you do you.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 20:10

Gordon.

Hayward.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 May 2017, 21:28

ffs

Hayward is fucking awesome, you idiot.

Why anyone on this site still thinks they can have an honest discussion with this predictable malignant cunt is beyond me. Let him do his rant and call him a fuckboy and move on. The worst thing in life is engaging this miserable piece of shit in conversation and that includes sticking your dick in a whirrling blender.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 May 2017, 07:43

MisterTambourineMan wrote: that includes sticking your dick in a whirrling blender.

nah
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to NBA