Sons of Mark Eaton: The Utah Jazz

Re: Sons of Mark Eaton: The Utah Jazz

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2017, 19:16

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Do you practice these in front of a mirror? Talk them out using hand gestures and everything?

Very dramatic.

Why thank you! I'm glad you're able to put so much thought into my posting rituals. And that's what they are. Rituals I take very very seriously.

Now if you have on the correct aftershave, please at your leisure recite a dramatic post into the mirror and type it back, explaining why Gordon Hayward should leave Utah when every other star is a traitor for leaving their teams in the lurch. Thanks in advance bro.

Because he's white and belongs in Boston! LOLOLLOLOL

I like how Hayward is suddenly a star for no other reason than the sake of this argument. I want nothing to do with him, but Danny will sign him because it's his intention to build a championship club out of B to B+ NBA players because he doesn't have an ex-teammate GM in New Orleans to deal him AD.

This isn't a franchise altering player shifting the power from one conference to another, or crippling a city and organization. This is a nice player who may decide to go play for his college coach, not his posse of buddies in pursuit of a quick chip.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2017, 19:26

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Do you practice these in front of a mirror? Talk them out using hand gestures and everything?

Very dramatic.

Why thank you! I'm glad you're able to put so much thought into my posting rituals. And that's what they are. Rituals I take very very seriously.

Now if you have on the correct aftershave, please at your leisure recite a dramatic post into the mirror and type it back, explaining why Gordon Hayward should leave Utah when every other star is a traitor for leaving their teams in the lurch. Thanks in advance bro.

I like how Hayward is suddenly a star for no other reason than the sake of this argument. I want nothing to do with him, but Danny will sign him because it's his intention to build a championship club out of B to B+ NBA players because he doesn't have an ex-teammate GM in New Orleans to deal him AD.

This isn't a franchise altering player shifting the power from one conference to another, or crippling a city and organization. This is a nice player who may decide to go play for his college coach, not his posse of buddies in pursuit of a quick chip.

I thought you were mocking the we want Hayward because he's white argument, but still actually wanted to sign him. I mean, I think it would be a pretty good signing. If not a star, then he's something very close to a star. Good enough to be the best guy on a 50+ win second round team in the West. That's not LeBron obviously, but you couldn't say that about too many guys.

I still don't buy your logic in the last paragraph. Hayward leaving for nothing will be a pretty big setback for Utah, a team that just made the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. I'm sure you would sleep soundly at night knowing he didn't leave Utah in as bad shape as Cleveland post-LeBron or Dwight post-Orlando. But the principle should theoretically be the same considering the level of anger at those guys.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 09 May 2017, 20:26

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Very dramatic.

I thought you were mocking the we want Hayward because he's white argument, but still actually wanted to sign him. I mean, I think it would be a pretty good signing. If not a star, then he's something very close to a star. Good enough to be the best guy on a 50+ win second round team in the West. That's not LeBron obviously, but you couldn't say that about too many guys.

I still don't buy your logic in the last paragraph. Hayward leaving for nothing will be a pretty big setback for Utah, a team that just made the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. I'm sure you would sleep soundly at night knowing he didn't leave Utah in as bad shape as Cleveland post-LeBron or Dwight post-Orlando. But the principle should theoretically be the same considering the level of anger at those guys.

If the Jazz can't keep Hayward, they can't keep anybody. Might as well fold the franchise
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 07:13

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Very dramatic.

LeBron crippled both Cleveland and the team, and that's not hyperbole. There's a difference between fulfilling your contract and then choosing to leave to another team and holding the team hostage for a year in some wishy washy "Will he or won't he stay?" drama because you're mentally a 12 year old AAU kid with everyone bowing to your every whim. The only thing I've heard about Hayward was hiss connection to Brad Stevens which made Boston a logical next step. I don't remember any grand statements or vague threats from Hayward himself, maybe #s can correct me if I'm wrong.

And again, Hayward isn't even in the same stratosphere as LeBron, Howard, Anthony, and Chris Paul.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 10 May 2017, 08:13

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Very dramatic.

LeBron crippled both Cleveland and the team, and that's not hyperbole. There's a difference between fulfilling your contract and then choosing to leave to another team and holding the team hostage for a year in some wishy washy "Will he or won't he stay?" drama because you're mentally a 12 year old AAU kid with everyone bowing to your every whim. The only thing I've heard about Hayward was hiss connection to Brad Stevens which made Boston a logical next step. I don't remember any grand statements or vague threats from Hayward himself, maybe #s can correct me if I'm wrong.

And again, Hayward isn't even in the same stratosphere as LeBron, Howard, Anthony, and Chris Paul.

So if you are more talented you have a greater obligation to remain playing for a team you may not want to, rather than play elsewhere? But if you are a B+ player feel free to shit on your current franchise and go chase a chip with your college coach. Got it.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 May 2017, 08:14

couldn't part of it be that nobody cares if Gordon Heyward leaves Utah, and so he doesn't have a microphone in his face 8 times a day asking him what his current thoughts are on where he'd like to play next year? And so we don't have to hear it?

Nah
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 08:17

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Very dramatic.

So if you are more talented you have a greater obligation to remain playing for a team you may not want to, rather than play elsewhere? But if you are a B+ player feel free to shit on your current franchise and go chase a chip with your college coach. Got it.

I'll kneel down and speak slowly, I imagine you're sweating out last night's Tito's.

If you're more talented and a franchise type player and you spend about a year teasing the fans and team that MAYBE you'll stay, only to turn around and leave to play with your buddies then yeah, you're a pussy.

Hayward isn't even a B+ player. Hayward leaving Utah isn't going to leave the Jazz toiling in the lottery for years until the NBA gifts them multiple #1 picks. There's a clear difference.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 10 May 2017, 08:21

Hayward has put himself in this position through hard work and dedication so he gets to leave the team he's on. Lebron was born lucky and thus should stick where he's at and I hate him!
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby ctz31 » 10 May 2017, 08:24

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Very dramatic.

I'll kneel down and speak slowly, I imagine you're sweating out last night's Tito's.

If you're more talented and a franchise type player and you spend about a year teasing the fans and team that MAYBE you'll stay, only to turn around and leave to play with your buddies then yeah, you're a pussy.

Hayward isn't even a B+ player. Hayward leaving Utah isn't going to leave the Jazz toiling in the lottery for years until the NBA gifts them multiple #1 picks. There's a clear difference.

Oooh, can i play the greg kite card and whine and moan that we are trying to have a sports conversation but waah you have to take personal shots? Even though i do it in every post and every shout i make on this board?

Why does it matter if there is a difference in talent? Why does Lebron have some obligation to Cleveland because they drafted him in the first round, but Hayward doesn't have an obligation to Utah who drafted him in the first round? When either franchise would part ways in a second with said player if it made sense for them? It's stupid.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 08:36

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Very dramatic.

Oooh, can i play the greg kite card and whine and moan that we are trying to have a sports conversation but waah you have to take personal shots? Even though i do it in every post and every shout i make on this board?

Why does it matter if there is a difference in talent? Why does Lebron have some obligation to Cleveland because they drafted him in the first round, but Hayward doesn't have an obligation to Utah who drafted him in the first round? When either franchise would part ways in a second with said player if it made sense for them? It's stupid.

No one has any obligation to any team. Once their contract is up, they can do what they want. I have never challenged that. My issue is, and always has been, don't spend a year and a half playing pattycake with your AAU buddies to team up and win an easy championship because doing so on your own is too dang hard.

You guys are hysterical, acting like Hayward to the Celtics will have the same impact as KD to Warriors or LeBron to the Heat. That is EXACTLY why it matters if there's a difference in talent. One tier puts you in the Finals every single year at a minimum. The other gives you a solid 50 win team and maybe a conference semifinal win.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 May 2017, 08:39

Gregs Kite wrote:You guys are hysterical, acting like Hayward to the Celtics will have the same impact as KD to Warriors or LeBron to the Heat. That is EXACTLY why it matters if there's a difference in talent. One tier puts you in the Finals every single year at a minimum. The other gives you a solid 50 win team and maybe a conference semifinal win.

this is my favorite of the kite arguments. claiming other people are arguing something insane that no one has even come close to saying. it's very effective at making MTM want to murder him
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 10 May 2017, 08:41

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Very dramatic.

No one has any obligation to any team. Once their contract is up, they can do what they want. I have never challenged that. My issue is, and always has been, don't spend a year and a half playing pattycake with your AAU buddies to team up and win an easy championship because doing so on your own is too dang hard.

You guys are hysterical, acting like Hayward to the Celtics will have the same impact as KD to Warriors or LeBron to the Heat. That is EXACTLY why it matters if there's a difference in talent. One tier puts you in the Finals every single year at a minimum. The other gives you a solid 50 win team and maybe a conference semifinal win.

Hayward is not lebron or Durant. However, he is very important to the Jazz. If he signs a max deal here, he will become the 3rd most beloved jazz player behind Stockton and Malone. Jazz fans are nervous because they have an obvious difficulty attracting free agents.

Hayward hasn't said anything about his intentions, and the local media is sort of afraid to ask him. Hayward did give a 2 minute answer yesterday where he said nothing about his intentions.

If Hayward stays, they have some players improve, and add a piece, they can be top 3 in the west. If he leaves, they are back in thelottery
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 08:46

mj3528 wrote:Hayward is not lebron or Durant. However, he is very important to the Jazz. If he signs a max deal here, he will become the 3rd most beloved jazz player behind Stockton and Malone. Jazz fans are nervous because they have an obvious difficulty attracting free agents.

Hayward hasn't said anything about his intentions, and the local media is sort of afraid to ask him. Hayward did give a 2 minute answer yesterday where he said nothing about his intentions.

If Hayward stays, they have some players improve, and add a piece, they can be top 3 in the west. If he leaves, they are back in thelottery

Weird, he said nothing.

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:You guys are hysterical, acting like Hayward to the Celtics will have the same impact as KD to Warriors or LeBron to the Heat. That is EXACTLY why it matters if there's a difference in talent. One tier puts you in the Finals every single year at a minimum. The other gives you a solid 50 win team and maybe a conference semifinal win.

this is my favorite of the kite arguments. claiming other people are arguing something insane that no one has even come close to saying. it's very effective at making MTM want to murder him

What exactly is the confusion? These guys are giving me the business by arguing that Hayward leaving Utah is the exact same as LeBron leaving Cleveland, Durant leaving OKC, etc.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 10 May 2017, 08:54

Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Hayward is not lebron or Durant. However, he is very important to the Jazz. If he signs a max deal here, he will become the 3rd most beloved jazz player behind Stockton and Malone. Jazz fans are nervous because they have an obvious difficulty attracting free agents.

Weird, he said nothing.

SouthernYokel wrote:

What exactly is the confusion? These guys are giving me the business by arguing that Hayward leaving Utah is the exact same as LeBron leaving Cleveland, Durant leaving OKC, etc.

No one is saying it is the exact same thing. We are saying it shouldn't matter.

You are receiving "the business" because of these types of comments:

I don't understand why that matters. Why does Cleveland deserve more loyalty from Lebron than Utah from Hayward because it will be more devastating for them if he leaves?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2017, 09:18

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Weird, he said nothing.

SouthernYokel wrote:

No one is saying it is the exact same thing. We are saying it shouldn't matter.

No one, huh?

Dthefritz wrote:

Now if you have on the correct aftershave, please at your leisure recite a dramatic post into the mirror and type it back, explaining why Gordon Hayward should leave Utah when every other star is a traitor for leaving their teams in the lurch.
Thanks in advance bro.

He is calling Hayward a star and saying him potentially leaving is the exact same thing as the others.

You are receiving "the business" because of these types of comments:

I don't understand why that matters. Why does Cleveland deserve more loyalty from Lebron than Utah from Hayward because it will be more devastating for them if he leaves?
[/quote]

One person leaving, subsequently sending a perennial Finals contender to four to five straight years in the lottery is a smidge different than leaving a nice little five seeded playoff team coming off a nice little playoff run. How is that not clear to everyone?

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NBA