Sons of Mark Eaton: The Utah Jazz

Re: Sons of Mark Eaton: The Utah Jazz

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 15:12

mj3528 wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Kite, Salt Lake will not let you take Hayward without a fight. There are 8 of these billboards located around the city:

Not making the All NBA team hurts your chances somewhat. I think the Stevens thing is overblown, but the Celtics are obviously closer to actually making the finals than the Jazz are.

It makes sense for him to leave tens of millions on the table to go back to his college coach, I don't know why you would think otherwise?

Hayward is a weird dude, so I don't think the money factor is that big of a deal to him. He is a competitive video gamer, and became engaged to his wife when he was 23 when she was a few months out of high school.

So, I could totally see him going back to his college coach. Really, it is Utah, Indiana and Boston as his only realistic possibilities. He will hate dealing with the Boston fans and media. Dude is never interviewed or bothered here.

What about the Classy Spurs or the Chokelahoma Shitty Blunder?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 24 May 2017, 18:03

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Kite, Salt Lake will not let you take Hayward without a fight. There are 8 of these billboards located around the city:

Not making the All NBA team hurts your chances somewhat. I think the Stevens thing is overblown, but the Celtics are obviously closer to actually making the finals than the Jazz are.

It makes sense for him to leave tens of millions on the table to go back to his college coach, I don't know why you would think otherwise?

Hayward is a weird dude, so I don't think the money factor is that big of a deal to him. He is a competitive video gamer, and became engaged to his wife when he was 23 when she was a few months out of high school.

So, I could totally see him going back to his college coach. Really, it is Utah, Indiana and Boston as his only realistic possibilities. He will hate dealing with the Boston fans and media. Dude is never interviewed or bothered here.

What about the Classy Spurs or the Chokelahoma Shitty Blunder?

And just like that, SI writer Danny Leroux [a very smart and plugged-in guy IMO], speculates a Hayward to ClassySpurs move:

While 2018 makes the most sense for a shakeup, there are free agents good enough to shift that schedule up a year. Chris Paul and Gordon Hayward are the two clearest fits, though Paul already being 32 makes it harder to imagine him as a central long-term piece playing next to the 25-year old Leonard. That age discrepancy makes the 27-year old Hayward a more compelling option that could create some fascinating lineup possibilities for Popovich.

Yes, they have the cap space for this.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 May 2017, 18:57

But Pop is so curt to the sideline reporters. That's a big time check mark in The President's column.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 11 Jul 2017, 12:48

sigh
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Jul 2017, 18:22

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Image

sigh

Boy, Mark Eaton must have procreated with a tiny-ass woman.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Aug 2017, 11:04

xpost separated at birth
xpost lost damn mind
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 21 Aug 2017, 17:00

This is a little old, but it is a great article on the Jazz's pursuit to resign Gordon Hayward:

http://local.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/chasing-gordon-hayward

I liked this part:

After the formal presentation, the Jazz sprung a surprise on Hayward, when teammates Gobert, Ingles, Hood and newcomer Rubio — who had flown in from Spain just for the occasion — walked through the door. They then ushered the All-Star into his backyard for another lengthy session to make their personal pitches to him.

By all accounts, Hayward was happy to see his friends.

The Millers were engaged and resolute throughout the meeting, according to sources. When it ended, Gail Miller asked Hayward straight up: "Will you stay with us? You know how important you are to our organization."

Hayward said he had a lot to think about and wanted to take the night to process his thoughts. The Jazz group offered to stay overnight in San Diego and return to visit Tuesday, but Hayward begged off, telling them he and his wife were wiped out from the previous three days.

Supposedly the teammate thing was awkward and Ingles and Gobert were pissed at Hayward.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Oct 2017, 14:56

From Lowe's League Pass Rankings today:

And trust me: The upcoming fourth jersey and accompanying court design are awesome, and like nothing you've seen before in the NBA.

Color me intrigued.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Oct 2017, 15:02

Briandong79 wrote:From Lowe's League Pass Rankings today:

And trust me: The upcoming fourth jersey and accompanying court design are awesome, and like nothing you've seen before in the NBA.

Color me intrigued.

THE JERSEYS ARE HEMP AND THE COURT IS MADE OF TURNIPS. /DREW PROBABLY
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby TheWolf » 02 Oct 2017, 22:11

Briandong79 wrote:From Lowe's League Pass Rankings today:

Color me intrigued.

Hockey sweaters. Do it, Utah.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Nov 2017, 09:50

career worsts in assists and TOs/game, guessing that's just getting acclimated to new teammates....but leads the jazz in scoring, assists and steals along with 5 boards/game. 91% from the line on 4.5 att/game. 37% from three on 5.5 att/game. 21 points in the 4th and OT combined last night including that dagger.

sigh
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Nov 2017, 16:33

career worsts in assists and TOs/game, guessing that's just getting acclimated to new teammates....but leads the jazz in scoring, assists and steals along with 5 boards/game. 91% from the line on 4.5 att/game. 37% from three on 5.5 att/game. 21 points in the 4th and OT combined last night including that dagger.

sigh

did you see that nice drive 'n dunk kris dunn had the other night?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Nov 2017, 13:30

Rodney Farva wrote:

sigh

did you see that nice drive 'n dunk kris dunn had the other night?

Yeah it was good. He'll be a 10 year guy, Tony Allen-ish upside.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Previous

Return to NBA