Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf is a Patriot: The Nugz Thread

Re: Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf is a Patriot: The Nugz Thread

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2013, 19:07

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:So the Nugs GM won Exec of the Year on top of George Karl winning Coach of the Year. They are both very good at their jobs, but this seems a bit excessive for a team that was only slightly better than they were the last two years.

Didn't they set a franchise record for wins? With that roster? And the GM should be GM of the decade for not letting niggerdevil cripple the franchise into Lottery Hell.

I'm absolutely fine with the GM winning, he's done a great job. But precisely because he's assembled that roster is the reason I think George Karl can't also win.
Granted, they had no superstars, but that team was absolutely loaded. Compare that to with what Thibs did with that joke of a Bulls roster and it's no contest.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2013, 19:15

SDGuy wrote:With that roster? They are young, long, athletic and deep.

Yeah. You need a superstar to win in today's NBA. When's the last team to win with a deep roster of really good, but not great, players? The Pistons?

Agreed on Thibs, shoulda won for having to apply Vagisil to DRoses pussy all year.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2013, 19:36

Gregs Kite wrote:

Yeah. You need a superstar to win in today's NBA. When's the last team to win with a deep roster of really good, but not great, players? The Pistons?

You need a superstar to win a title. You can win in the regular season with talented deep teams that can outwork their opponents and minimize mistakes, so as not to rely on somebody to hit an iso jumper to win games. The Pacers did it too, and every year a couple of teams manage. Not that it can happen without good coaching, but not as extraordinary an accomplishment as some people make it out to be.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby someguysomewhere » 09 May 2013, 19:41

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You need a superstar to win a title. You can win in the regular season with talented deep teams that can outwork their opponents and minimize mistakes, so as not to rely on somebody to hit an iso jumper to win games. The Pacers did it too, and every year a couple of teams manage. Not that it can happen without good coaching, but not as extraordinary an accomplishment as some people make it out to be.

the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 06 Jun 2013, 16:55

How the fuck you gonna fire a guy after he sets your franchise record for wins?

Fuck, not his fault Gallo blew his knee out and Faried was gibbled. These guys are going to go down in flames now.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Jun 2013, 18:41

Thanks Melo.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Jul 2013, 11:51

So Kenneth Faried, were you nervous about being naked in the ESPN Body Issue?
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/17/kenneth-f ... -playgirl/
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Nov 2013, 14:35

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Jew Jitsu » 02 Nov 2013, 17:06

Blue blazer.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Nov 2013, 15:06

MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 16 Nov 2014, 22:08

I know, not exactly a stong taek or anything but this team is just a mess. Brian Shaw would just resign if he had any dignity, he has zero idea what he's doing.

They lost to the Knicks. The Knicks. A team with legit talent should not lose to the Knicks.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 17 Nov 2014, 10:46

Dthefritz wrote:I know, not exactly a stong taek or anything but this team is just a mess. Brian Shaw would just resign if he had any dignity, he has zero idea what he's doing.

They lost to the Knicks. The Knicks. A team with legit talent should not lose to the Knicks.

Cavs on line 1
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 17 Nov 2014, 19:05

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I know, not exactly a stong taek or anything but this team is just a mess. Brian Shaw would just resign if he had any dignity, he has zero idea what he's doing.

Cavs on line 1

It was week 1 with an entirely new roster and coach. The Nuggets have had the same basic team for 3/4 years now. It's not like they're old, there's no reason for them to be this shitty.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 17 Nov 2014, 21:18

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Cavs on line 1

It was week 1 with an entirely new roster and coach. The Nuggets have had the same basic team for 3/4 years now. It's not like they're old, there's no reason for them to be this shitty.

Cavs on line 2
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 17 Nov 2014, 21:45

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Cavs on line 1

Cavs on line 2

Haha, that is fantastic timing. Great box score too: 22-9-5 from LeBron, 20-11 for KLove, 20-8 from Kyrie, 20 points from Waiters and...the rest is silence. Might need to upgrade the ol' bench.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to NBA