Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby ONTB » 04 Nov 2014, 09:33

SouthernYokel wrote:
Dthefritz wrote: And I know this is entirely subjective, but I think when it comes to coaches, Carlisle is 1/1a with Pop.


colin cowherd was saying this the other day. :mrgreen:


I had that on in the background and I thought I heard him call Carlisle the best coach in the league. And I thought, surely he didn't say that. And then he said it again.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Nov 2014, 09:39

ONTB wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dthefritz wrote: And I know this is entirely subjective, but I think when it comes to coaches, Carlisle is 1/1a with Pop.


colin cowherd was saying this the other day. :mrgreen:


I had that on in the background and I thought I heard him call Carlisle the best coach in the league. And I thought, surely he didn't say that. And then he said it again.


i mean, he is working with less...who am i to say carlisle wouldn't win 4 titles with the spurs

but since it's cowherd i feel confident he is not/would not.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29807
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 04 Nov 2014, 09:48

SouthernYokel wrote:
ONTB wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dthefritz wrote: And I know this is entirely subjective, but I think when it comes to coaches, Carlisle is 1/1a with Pop.


colin cowherd was saying this the other day. :mrgreen:


I had that on in the background and I thought I heard him call Carlisle the best coach in the league. And I thought, surely he didn't say that. And then he said it again.


i mean, he is working with less...who am i to say carlisle wouldn't win 4 titles with the spurs

but since it's cowherd i feel confident he is not/would not.

Look, if we can't trust the guy who declared Jose Canseco should be in the Hall of Fame because everyone knows his name, what the fuck are we even doing here?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Nov 2014, 11:27

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
ONTB wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dthefritz wrote: And I know this is entirely subjective, but I think when it comes to coaches, Carlisle is 1/1a with Pop.


colin cowherd was saying this the other day. :mrgreen:


I had that on in the background and I thought I heard him call Carlisle the best coach in the league. And I thought, surely he didn't say that. And then he said it again.


i mean, he is working with less...who am i to say carlisle wouldn't win 4 titles with the spurs

but since it's cowherd i feel confident he is not/would not.

Look, if we can't trust the guy who declared Jose Canseco should be in the Hall of Fame because everyone knows his name, what the fuck are we even doing here?

Even a broken squirrel clock finds a nut twice a day.

Carlisle's done great work with limited players and teams, going back to his Indiana days. The Mavs last year had no business taking the Spurs to 7 games. I wouldn't say he's better than Pop, but he's the only other coach on his level.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7466
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 Feb 2015, 11:04

The Mavs are getting Amar'e. That should be a nice shiny new toy for Carlisle. Even if it isn't in mint condition.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Feb 2015, 22:33

MisterTambourineMan wrote:The Mavs are getting Amar'e. That should be a nice shiny new toy for Carlisle. Even if it isn't in mint condition.

Yeah but he's soooooooooooooooo bad at defense.

IDK I should never question Carlisle. He could make me a legit rotation guy based solely on one hyperspecific skill I didn't even know I had.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7466
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 25 Apr 2015, 18:57

/clearly Brad Stevens is the best coach in the league, NO ONE DENIES THIS!/

in all fairness, not only is Carlisle at least top3, i also feel the nba media are really going overboard lately with their incessant pop-blowing. he is just as much of an asshole as bill belichick, but since espn apparently likes his brand of snark better, he gets elevated to demigod status. fuck is wrong with these people?
mj3528 » 03 Dec 2015, 22:34 something rarely said, but NAG was right.

Gregs Kite - Yesterday, 20:56: Is NAG _ v2.0?
User avatar
NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 11:08
Location: drunk

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Apr 2015, 19:29

NotAndyGreenwald wrote:/clearly Brad Stevens is the best coach in the league, NO ONE DENIES THIS!/

in all fairness, not only is Carlisle at least top3, i also feel the nba media are really going overboard lately with their incessant pop-blowing. he is just as much of an asshole as bill belichick, but since espn apparently likes his brand of snark better, he gets elevated to demigod status. fuck is wrong with these people?


Pop hasn't been "caught" in a "scandal" doing shit that everyone in the league does but someone got butthurt enough to rat him out for it.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby JichaelDick » 25 Apr 2015, 19:36

NotAndyGreenwald wrote:/clearly Brad Stevens is the best coach in the league, NO ONE DENIES THIS!/

in all fairness, not only is Carlisle at least top3, i also feel the nba media are really going overboard lately with their incessant pop-blowing. he is just as much of an asshole as bill belichick, but since espn apparently likes his brand of snark better, he gets elevated to demigod status. fuck is wrong with these people?


Pop strikes me as a guy who is being a dick in some ways just because he's supposed to.

What can I say, guy amuses me.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26085
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Apr 2015, 21:27

Gregs Kite wrote:
NotAndyGreenwald wrote:/clearly Brad Stevens is the best coach in the league, NO ONE DENIES THIS!/

in all fairness, not only is Carlisle at least top3, i also feel the nba media are really going overboard lately with their incessant pop-blowing. he is just as much of an asshole as bill belichick, but since espn apparently likes his brand of snark better, he gets elevated to demigod status. fuck is wrong with these people?


Pop hasn't been "caught" in a "scandal" doing shit that everyone in the league does but someone got butthurt enough to rat him out for it.


Is there anyone on ESPN that doesn't consider Belichick to be the best coach in the NFL?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31126
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby Jew Jitsu » 26 Apr 2015, 13:24

Pop is a chode. And I love how the media swallows him up for being a douche to them but they burn Lynch on the stake for acting the same way.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8793
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby Theny » 26 Apr 2015, 14:56

Jew Jitsu wrote:Pop is a chode. And I love how the media swallows him up for being a douche to them but they burn Lynch on the stake for acting the same way.


Pop is being a dick for fun though. It's a little different than belichick.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30545
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby JT99 » 26 Apr 2015, 16:19

Theny wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Pop is a chode. And I love how the media swallows him up for being a douche to them but they burn Lynch on the stake for acting the same way.


Pop is being a dick for fun though. It's a little different than belichick.


I may be wrong on this, but doesn't Pop act completely different in the post-game than he does mid-game interviews?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9790
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Apr 2015, 16:35

JT99 wrote:
Theny wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Pop is a chode. And I love how the media swallows him up for being a douche to them but they burn Lynch on the stake for acting the same way.


Pop is being a dick for fun though. It's a little different than belichick.


I may be wrong on this, but doesn't Pop act completely different in the post-game than he does mid-game interviews?


He can be short, but almost everyone who has dealt with him says he is awesome off the record, and that he acts like a dick during those interviews because he wants rid of them.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26085
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: Win a title? Get your own thread: The Mavs

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Aug 2015, 19:24

Greek Canadian on Greek Canadian violence!
Haralabos Voulgaris
Take a look at the roster.
Tas Melas @TasMelas
It's easy to overlook the Mavs in the West, but how can you count a Carlisle team out?


I'm with Bob on this one, I think the Mavs are finally cooked
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7466
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

PreviousNext

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest