Heisley's a Moron: The MEMPHIS Grizzlies

Re: Heisley's a Moron: The MEMPHIS Grizzlies

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Dec 2016, 11:35

Jew Jitsu wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I have to assume that the Grizzlies gave fans free tickets to an upcoming game or something. The Sixers did that 2 seasons ago when the Cavs were in town, and LBJ and Irving did not play or travel. Love put the team on his back and beat us single handedly. Can you believe that?

Seen this nonsense too many times happen to Sixers fans. It aint right. League needs to step in and fix this shit.

Can we also punish American hero Pop or do we just go after the players?

Pop got fined $250,000 for the stunt. And his undermanned team damn near beat the Heatles.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mister bacon » 15 Dec 2016, 11:43

Gregs Kite wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Pulling the "baseball players are pussies" is a horrific comparison to NBA players. Remind me the last time a baseball player was taken off in a wheelchair.

when was the last time an nba player got taken off in a wheelchair? wade getting wheeled off for his arm injury was almost 10 years ago now and i cant remember it happening before or since.

I love that you had to actually cite an example of a professional basketball player getting wheeled off the court.....for an arm injury. Fannnnnnnn-tastic!

yes, that was especially bitchmade and hilarious. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmutoni said it was necessary not to risk further injury which is one of the greatest things ever said on this site. along with balls reply of a wade (i think photoshopped but idk) picture with camel toe. we have fun

Gregs Kite wrote:The NBA is all about marketing their stars, and they're also all about going 75% until the playoffs, so taking a game off and having fans pay jacked up prices to watch them flip a water bottle on the bench is pretty weak.

Im confused why sportswriters and radio guys don't have the right to call them lazy? I thought this was America? Or are we just dancing around the fact that these guys are mostly......you know.......white?

yeah overpaid white people calling black people lazy is one of the founding principles of our country, but it is what it is. they can still say it, this is america, and i can still say its bull-shit :sniff:11

kite wrote:Helluva way to sustain a league's popularity there. Hey kids, I know you love basketball and LeBron and we shove all these NBA Cares commercials down your pasty white throat that seems to indicate the league gives a shit about you, but the only time you really get to see him at his best is when he plays in June at 9pm and you get to watch a whole first quarter! In the meantime, have fun with mom and dad spending $300 to take you to see DeAndre Liggins.

this is a valid criticism but from the fan perspective, they think guys only give 75% during the reg season anyway and no one watches or cares until the play-offs so i think more "people" will enjoy it if these teams are 100% at the time they give 100% and people care. the league has only grown in popularity in the last 10 years when all this player resting became common place so idk what to tell you.

JichaelDick wrote:LeBron just ain't want none of Z-Bo, Tony Allen, and Marc Gasol. #GritNGrind

they beat them literally the night before by 20+ points so...

JT99 wrote:I'm not in the NBA players are lazy camp, Bacon, but jacking up prices for specific games changes the dynamic, don't you think? To me, that's almost an implicit agreement that the stars will be playing (or at least one of them).

this argument is valid. maybe the compromise is having guys rest when they are at home (where fans see them all the time) instead of on the road. but again, don't know how you enforce it.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I have to assume that the Grizzlies gave fans free tickets to an upcoming game or something. The Sixers did that 2 seasons ago when the Cavs were in town, and LBJ and Irving did not play or travel. Love put the team on his back and beat us single handedly. Can you believe that?

Seen this nonsense too many times happen to Sixers fans. It aint right. League needs to step in and fix this shit.

yeah this happens to your team because you guys suck balls. you lost to love and the lebron-ettes. maybe if you can beat the cavs b-team they'll send the varsity next time lol. i can only remember the cavs "resting" once against the pacers, and it was during our pg-less george hill led squad who beat them. ijs.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Jew Jitsu » 15 Dec 2016, 11:44

mj3528 wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:

Can we also punish American hero Pop or do we just go after the players?

I am not saying anything, but if the Cavs pull this after I blow money on tickets for their game with the Jazz on January 10, 2016. Well, I will be upset.

Oh it blows big time and it's just reason #2765 that the NBA or any of its employees don't give two fucks about you or the common man. Only thing you can do is not buy tickets until the day of and then you'll know for sure if they're playing or not. Yeah you might pay a premium buying that close to tip off but at least you saw Lebron instead of the average scrub.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Dec 2016, 11:44

Every time I click on this thread I think it's about Mormons
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Dec 2016, 12:12

mister bacon wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:LeBron just ain't want none of Z-Bo, Tony Allen, and Marc Gasol. #GritNGrind

That game was on Cleveland, they didn't want to deal with the Grindhouse.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 15 Dec 2016, 12:15

JichaelDick wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

That game was on Cleveland, they didn't want to deal with the Grindhouse.

I think it is that they can coast to the #1 seed in the East. Which is the real issue here, not lazy players or trying to screw NBA fans. The regular season is sooooo meaningless for some teams. Really they should just scrap it and have a best of 81 game series between the Warriors and Cavs for the 'chip. Who says no?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Dec 2016, 12:23

mister bacon wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:The NBA is all about marketing their stars, and they're also all about going 75% until the playoffs, so taking a game off and having fans pay jacked up prices to watch them flip a water bottle on the bench is pretty weak.

Im confused why sportswriters and radio guys don't have the right to call them lazy? I thought this was America? Or are we just dancing around the fact that these guys are mostly......you know.......white?

yeah overpaid white people calling black people lazy is one of the founding principles of our country, but it is what it is. they can still say it, this is america, and i can still say its bull-shit :sniff:11

A lawyer billing hundreds of dollars an hour to surf a Bill Simmons message board calling sportswriters overpaid. Ok.

I don't think NBA players are lazy. I'll give you minute to collect your-self.

I think the coaches realize the regular season is worthless and only care about a solid playoff seed and the health of the players for the ACTUAL NBA season. Fine, great, who cares. But don't make me roll the dice and spend hundreds of dollars on my one chance to see them.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mister bacon » 15 Dec 2016, 12:37

Gregs Kite wrote:A lawyer billing hundreds of dollars an hour to surf a Bill Simmons message board calling sportswriters overpaid. Ok.
I don't think NBA players are lazy. I'll give you minute to collect your-self.

hey now, a) i never said i wasn't overpaid b) i'm not billing anyone for my sotsg time, that would be unethical

Gregs Kite wrote:I think the coaches realize the regular season is worthless and only care about a solid playoff seed and the health of the players for the ACTUAL NBA season. Fine, great, who cares. But don't make me roll the dice and spend hundreds of dollars on my one chance to see them.

well then, i guess the next time the nba comes to the granite stay you'll be staying at home. i'm sure lebron and co, and the entire nba, will be absolutely crushed.

you cant pay for tickets with food stamps, anyway /that was jew jitsu btw

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JT99 » 15 Dec 2016, 12:49

I need to ease my mind....

Bake, how much do you think that sportswriters are paid, on average?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mister bacon » 15 Dec 2016, 12:57

JT99 wrote:I need to ease my mind....

local sportswriters probably make about $45k or so.
national sportswriters i'll ballpark at about $80k
i'm not familiar with how much local radio guys make, but national radio guys prob make around $200k or so minimum. and thats for the scrubs. the good ones are prob pulling down at least over 1 mil a year.

fwiw i can guarantee that i've worked harder this week than anyone who wrote a "take" about lebron skipping a gd game.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mj3528 » 15 Dec 2016, 13:25

mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:I need to ease my mind....

local sportswriters probably make about $45k or so.
national sportswriters i'll ballpark at about $80k
i'm not familiar with how much local radio guys make, but national radio guys prob make around $200k or so minimum. and thats for the scrubs. the good ones are prob pulling down at least over 1 mil a year.

fwiw i can guarantee that i've worked harder this week than anyone who wrote a "take" about lebron skipping a gd game.

I haven't really heard many taeks lambasting LeBron, other players are the Cavs. Most things I have heard is that they understand why the Cavs and other teams do this, they don't blame the Cavs, but yeah it sucks for the fans but there is really no way to prevent it from happening.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby TVF wannabe » 15 Dec 2016, 13:35

Now that it is en vogue to sit stars 10-15 games a year it's becoming an issue. It has nothing to do with laziness.

The league acknowledged it's an issue by fining Pop way back when but now it's too commonplace to fine everyone. There is no way it's good for the league.

To me it's more unfair to sit at home than on the road.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Dec 2016, 13:38

TVF wannabe wrote:Now that it is en vogue to sit stars 10-15 games a year it's becoming an issue. It has nothing to do with laziness.

The league acknowledged it's an issue by fining Pop way back when but now it's too commonplace to fine everyone. There is no way it's good for the league.

No its not.

And they rested all three of their stars! OMG this league sucks.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby TVF wannabe » 15 Dec 2016, 13:40

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Now that it is en vogue to sit stars 10-15 games a year it's becoming an issue. It has nothing to do with laziness.

No its not.

And they rested all three of their stars! OMG this league sucks.

Yes, it is.

That's the part that's most unfair but it makes sense to tank certain games rather than split it up and weaken yourself for 3 times as many games.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby PhillyJim76 » 15 Dec 2016, 14:34

They should refund the fans any premium paid for a ticket to see a PREMIER NBA TEAM
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to NBA