Heisley's a Moron: The MEMPHIS Grizzlies

Heisley's a Moron: The MEMPHIS Grizzlies

Postby someguysomewhere » 02 Nov 2010, 18:16

Keeping this filth out of my Vancouver Grizzlies thread. :beav:

5 yrs/$40 mil for Mike Conley?

Uh, that dude sucks. $40 mil for him, $82 mil or whatever for Rudy. How the hell are they going to pay Gasol + Mayo? DTF, looks like your boy Z Bo is going to be up for grabs.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Re: Heisley's a Moron: The MEMPHIS Grizzlies

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Nov 2010, 01:35

Agreed, that was an indefensible extension. Conley is so replaceable it's not even funny. Either Heisley has no confidence in re-signing Gasol/Mayo/Randolph (a legit possibility) or he has no idea who's actually valuable to the team.

As for ZBo, possible destinations:
- Indiana: Hometown hero returns! This move makes basketball sense for the Pacers and keeps Zbo closer to his drug business, but Indiana is not signing anybody with a criminal record, not to mention the possible subject of an ongoing investigation in their own state.
- Toronto: They have the cap space and desperately need an infusion of talent. You'd think that a Randolph-Bargnani frontcourt would be too much of a train-wreck defensively to work, but that logic hasn't guided any of their personnel decisions in the past.
- Phoenix: They need toughness and rebounding from the forward position at some point...right?
- Orlando: They seem to be in love with guys that were run out of town in New York, so why not him? Orlando needs to roll the dice on a star player at some point, and he'll probably be the best guy available this off-season, assuming Melo's gone already and the Hornets hold onto Paul to swindle their season-ticket holders into renewing.
- Boston - when does he turn 33?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Nov 2010, 08:26

Dthe - do you really watch that much basketball that you know how good Mike Conley is in the NBA? You have obv seen a Grizzlies game for some reason...
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Colonel Angus » 03 Nov 2010, 08:29

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Dthe - do you really watch that much basketball that you know how good Mike Conley is in the NBA? You have obv seen a Grizzlies game for some reason...

I'm pretty sure DTF is Simmons.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Jailblazer » 03 Nov 2010, 13:56

- Phoenix: They need toughness and rebounding from the forward position at some point...right?

Randolph would be a horrible fit for any team that likes to get up and down the court like Phoenix. I liked your other picks, but what about him landing in Denver if and when Melo goes?
Jailblazer
Hope College Alum

Postby someguysomewhere » 03 Nov 2010, 17:23

Jailblazer wrote:

Randolph would be a horrible fit for any team that likes to get up and down the court like Phoenix. I liked your other picks, but what about him landing in Denver if and when Melo goes?

If Melo goes, Denver needs to burn that thing to the ground. Again.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Nov 2010, 20:20

Colonel Angus wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Dthe - do you really watch that much basketball that you know how good Mike Conley is in the NBA? You have obv seen a Grizzlies game for some reason...

Yes I really do watch that much basketball. I have the limited league pass and since they black out games that are nationally televised I try to pick teams that aren't on TV a lot. The Grizzlies are one of my favorite obscure teams so they made the cut this year.
And Col - with how much Simmons complains about his wife, I"m sure he's DTF. ZING!

Jailblazer wrote:Randolph would be a horrible fit for any team that likes to get up and down the court like Phoenix. I liked your other picks, but what about him landing in Denver if and when Melo goes?

The only way it would work in Denver is if they traded K-K-K-Kenyon also. If he gets pissy about wanting an extension when he has a player option for next year, you can be damn sure that he won't like Zbo eating up his minutes.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby SGFan » 05 Nov 2010, 15:10

Colonel Angus wrote:

I'm a fan of DtheSimmons

I thought this was funny because I used to think Colonel Angus was Drew Magary. Mostly because you used to those breakdowns. Those were funny you should do those more often

My monday mornings are Doug Fischer when I get to work and Drew Magary at lunch time
SGFan
Hope College Alum

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Jan 2011, 01:19

Simmons made a joke in a recent column/podcast (can't remember which) about Minnesota being the island in Lost, after having turned around the careers of Darko and Beasley. But what about Memphis? Did you ever imagine as recently as two years ago that not only would Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph be playing their asses off every game (with fat extensions in the bank no less) but that they'd co-exist without any problems as 1 and 1A?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Jan 2011, 09:01

Memphis must be good. In my NBA2K11, they lost 4-2 in the Finals to the NBA Red Sox
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby someguysomewhere » 05 Jan 2011, 11:31

Dthefritz wrote:Simmons made a joke in a recent column/podcast (can't remember which) about Minnesota being the island in Lost, after having turned around the careers of Darko and Beasley. But what about Memphis? Did you ever imagine as recently as two years ago that not only would Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph be playing their asses off every game (with fat extensions in the bank no less) but that they'd co-exist without any problems as 1 and 1A?

Is the restraining order Zeebo has against you still in effect?

It's all good though, he's been a workhorse for the Ramblin' Smreks in their charge from last place all the way up to 3rd.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Jan 2011, 08:22

Worse pick: Darko or Thabeet?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 27 Jan 2011, 08:23

Briandean79 wrote:Worse pick: Darko or Thabeet?

i know very little about the nba but isn't darko actually decent now?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Jan 2011, 09:19

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:Worse pick: Darko or Thabeet?

i know very little about the nba but isn't darko actually decent now?

Are we taking into account the players that could have been taken instead? Anthony, Bosh and Wade came after Darko. So yeah, I'd say the Darko pick blows.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 Jan 2011, 10:33

Darko = Championship.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to NBA