Sons of Pooh Richardson: The TWolves

Sons of Pooh Richardson: The TWolves

Postby someguysomewhere » 13 Jul 2010, 11:15

Trading Al Jefferson to clear salary cap room for Luke Ridnour?

This guy's not doing a very good job of proving Simmons wrong.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Re: Sons of Pooh Richardson: The TWolves

Postby Jew Jitsu » 13 Jul 2010, 11:19

al jefferson blows
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Jul 2010, 11:24

someguysomewhere wrote:Trading Al Jefferson to clear salary cap room for Luke Ridnour?

Sessions will probably be part of it if Ridnour's coming in, no reason having redundancies on the rost ha!, almost made it.

Jefferson shouldn't be a straight salary dump, should be able to get something for him, something more than protected first rounders. Playing with DWill will be good for Al too, he's never really had a point guard.

Jew Jitsu wrote:al jefferson blows

meh, somewhat. he's slightly overpaid and doesn't give a shit on defense 75% of the time. but there's less than a handful of players better on the low left block.

eta: Whoa, a thread for the Wolves? Thought this was the offseason thread or something....Dunno bout this....

Alright, it might work.
Last edited by MisterTambourineMan on 13 Jul 2010, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby someguysomewhere » 13 Jul 2010, 11:34

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:Trading Al Jefferson to clear salary cap room for Luke Ridnour?

Sessions will probably be part of it if Ridnour's coming in, no reason having redundancies on the rost ha!, almost made it.

Jefferson shouldn't be a straight salary dump, should be able to get something for him, something more than protected first rounders. Playing with DWill will be good for Al too, he's never really had a point guard.

Jew Jitsu wrote:al jefferson blows

meh, somewhat. he's slightly overpaid and doesn't give a shit on defense 75% of the time. but there's less than a handful of players better on the low left block.

Dunno if anything can be done about the issues on D, but he'll score like a fiend with Deron in Sloan's system.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Jul 2010, 11:45

nasty nova - Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:48 am: bottom 5 Minnesota timberwolves momenets that have crushed your spirit and any optimism you may have had

5. Going with Terrell Brandon's broken knees over Chauncey Billups....they had to, no one would've traded for Brandon and they didn't have the money for Billups, but every Wolves fan preferred Billups to Brandon.
4. Marbury wants out....what a sad piece of shit.
3. Malik Sealy. :sniff:
2. Joe Smith fiasco - you knew that was gonna hurt them, just didn't know how much.
1. Sam Cassell's injury in the Western Conference Finals - the dream was over.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby someguysomewhere » 15 Jul 2010, 12:12

the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Jul 2010, 12:15

Kahn's an idiot, Kahn doesn't know what he's doing, Kahn is the worst GM in the game, DARKO?!!

/lazy reporter

Now excuse me while I go look at Brendan Haywood's contract.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby someguysomewhere » 23 Jul 2010, 11:37

Simba can say what he wants, but Kahn clearly knows PR.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!! wrote:He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Jul 2010, 16:31

someguysomewhere wrote:Simba can say what he wants, but Kahn clearly knows PR.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!! wrote:He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case.

Evidently the NBA didn't take too kindly to the above comments
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Jul 2010, 16:36

When it comes to Kahn, our favorite podcaster is not wrong, he's just an asshole. Kahn has not acquitted himself particularly well.

I don't blame him for the Jefferson trade though. That just seemed like ownership being cheap and him having put a good pr spin on it.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby someguysomewhere » 26 Jul 2010, 21:34

OK, so, since KAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNN inexplicably signed Luke Ridnour, he had to move Ramon Sessions out of town because he has too many PG's on his roster (+ Rubio if he ever comes). Soooooooooo, he goes ahead and trades Sessions for...

... two more PG's.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 26 Jul 2010, 21:43

Talent wise it's an upgrade...West can also play the 2. Still it's not the kind of trade that screams "I have a plan" or "I know what I'm doing."
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Jew Jitsu » 26 Jul 2010, 21:47

Few thoughts (no one cares, i know):

Good trade for both, Cleveland gets a good (IMO) point guard for Byron Scott's system and a warm body at C since we only have Varejao there for now. Minny corrects their mistake free agent signings from last year and saves a ton of cash. Both delonte and telfair are expiring and if delonte is waived by beginning of august only 500k are owed to him instead of the full 4 million or so. Look for him to get waived even though he'll prolly be the best SG in Minny if he stayed. Good shit on also getting a second rounder from Minny, that could come in handy.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby someguysomewhere » 26 Jul 2010, 21:52

Jew Jitsu wrote:Few thoughts (no one cares, i know):

Good trade for both, Cleveland gets a good (IMO) point guard for Byron Scott's system and a warm body at C since we only have Varejao there for now. Minny corrects their mistake free agent signings from last year and saves a ton of cash. Both delonte and telfair are expiring and if delonte is waived by beginning of august only 500k are owed to him instead of the full 4 million or so. Look for him to get waived even though he'll prolly be the best SG in Minny if he stayed. Good shit on also getting a second rounder from Minny, that could come in handy.

Yeah, I had looked at how the trade broke down at all. I just enjoy the continuing Kahn-edy in 'sota (see what I did there?). You're right that a 2nd rounder from Minny could come in handy, though. A #31 pick is a very valuable chip these days.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Jew Jitsu » 26 Jul 2010, 21:54

I like how he signs two guys to multi year contracts, then dumps em for expirings the next summer, just in order to have cap space to do it again. At least he admits he made a mistake so that's good.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Next

Return to NBA