Sons of Fennis Dembo: Irrelevent Hoop Discussion

Re: Sons of Fennis Dembo: Irrelevent Hoop Discussion

Postby JT99 » 31 May 2017, 19:58

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
the cheese wrote:I think it's 89 not even close. The size of the first team is ridiculous, and Hakeem covers Magic's defensive liabilities. Nobody guard on either the first or second teams of 2017 could cover Drexler, Magic, or Jordan.

I think Westbrook could do OK on Jordan if he didn't expend too much energy on offense, and CP3 could do OK on Drexler. I said OK, not shut down. The team really could use Klay Thompson. Also, I think Draymond comes off the bench to do some work against Hakeem on offense.

Again, it comes down to rules. IF they can't push Curry and Durant around on the perimeter, they will rain 3's against a slow perimeter D. Jordan will have his hands full, and Magic would be borderline unplayable.

BUT...I still think 89 wins. They're missing a wing who could really take their smallball to the next level and overcome all the size discrepancy.

Disagree.

Curry can shoot wide open 3's all night and he'd still not score enough to make up for what Magic will do to him on the other end.

If Curry shoots "wide open 3's all night", then the game is already over, regardless of who's on your team. That's it. Like I said, if they can push him around on the perimeter, "steer" him off ball, etc. under 1989 rules, then yeah. You could even argue that the team is good enough on D that they can hide Magic under 2017 rules. But your logic just doesn't hold up here.

My logic is that Curry would hit about 13 3's for 39 points. Magic will torch Curry for more than that. I'd figure about a 45/13/18 line.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 31 May 2017, 20:37

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
the cheese wrote:I think it's 89 not even close. The size of the first team is ridiculous, and Hakeem covers Magic's defensive liabilities. Nobody guard on either the first or second teams of 2017 could cover Drexler, Magic, or Jordan.

I think Westbrook could do OK on Jordan if he didn't expend too much energy on offense, and CP3 could do OK on Drexler. I said OK, not shut down. The team really could use Klay Thompson. Also, I think Draymond comes off the bench to do some work against Hakeem on offense.

Again, it comes down to rules. IF they can't push Curry and Durant around on the perimeter, they will rain 3's against a slow perimeter D. Jordan will have his hands full, and Magic would be borderline unplayable.

BUT...I still think 89 wins. They're missing a wing who could really take their smallball to the next level and overcome all the size discrepancy.

Disagree.

Curry can shoot wide open 3's all night and he'd still not score enough to make up for what Magic will do to him on the other end.

If Curry shoots "wide open 3's all night", then the game is already over, regardless of who's on your team. That's it. Like I said, if they can push him around on the perimeter, "steer" him off ball, etc. under 1989 rules, then yeah. You could even argue that the team is good enough on D that they can hide Magic under 2017 rules. But your logic just doesn't hold up here.

My logic is that Curry would hit about 13 3's for 39 points. Magic will torch Curry for more than that. I'd figure about a 45/13/18 line.

That's fair. I just think that they'd be forced to make an adjustment. Magic either tires himself out chasing Curry around, or Curry figuratively shoots the lights out.

Probably they'd have to put Stockton on him, and move Magic to the 3 or 4 with Barkley or Malone the odd man out. Now that is a lineup nobody's stopping.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Jun 2017, 23:20

larry injured that year?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Aug 2017, 16:23

And the old man is still hanging around, 13 years later.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 Aug 2017, 11:41

Interesting article about the Freak's shoe deal

The part that interested me

At the time, the brand had hoped that Timberwolves rising phenom Andrew Wiggins could fill that role, but internally there has been strong hesitation about whether Wiggins could carry his own signature shoe.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Previous

Return to NBA