Sons of Tree Rollins: The Atlanta Hawks.

Re: Sons of Tree Rollins: The Atlanta Hawks.

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2016, 13:05

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:seriously though, for Atlanta that's a big deal.

Have you been hearing that this was likely the last game for the Hawks as we know them? I'm hearing that Horford and Bazemore will likely leave via FA, and Teague, with his $8M contract for next season, will likely garner a lot of trade interest.

Where Horford chooses to go will shape the league for the next half decade or so, so this isn't some superfluous decision. The interesting thing about Bazemore, according to Zachary Lowe from The Ringer, is that he has proven via advanced stats that his true value may price him out of the mid level exceptions for western conference contenders, which might leave him with limited options. Barnwell made an interesting point that he's a big Cowboys fan, so are the Mavericks your dark horse?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2016, 17:39

Gregs Kite wrote:

Have you been hearing that this was likely the last game for the Hawks as we know them? I'm hearing that Horford and Bazemore will likely leave via FA, and Teague, with his $8M contract for next season, will likely garner a lot of trade interest.

Where Horford chooses to go will shape the league for the next half decade or so, so this isn't some superfluous decision. The interesting thing about Bazemore, according to Zachary Lowe from The Ringer, is that he has proven via advanced stats that his true value may price him out of the mid level exceptions for western conference contenders, which might leave him with limited options. Barnwell made an interesting point that he's a big Cowboys fan, so are the Mavericks your dark horse?

I don't always bust on guys like al horford for the unforgivable sin of not being a top 5 player...but when I do, I make sure he's twice as good as anybody on the team i root for, who just lost to his team in the playoffs.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 09 May 2016, 17:59

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I don't always bust on guys like al horford for the unforgivable sin of not being a top 5 player...but when I do, I make sure he's twice as good as anybody on the team i root for, who just lost to his team in the playoffs.

Ha that was good
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2016, 18:01

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

All this self flagellation over Simmons has given you his gift of pointing out the blatantly obvious. And I bet you thought you were wasting your time!

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2016, 18:12

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

All this self flagellation over Simmons has given you his gift of pointing out the blatantly obvious. And I bet you thought you were wasting your time!

You missed the other layer of irony that pointing out simmons sucks is obvious in and of itself. Ironyception.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 09 May 2016, 18:25

This thread is sending no one to the burn unit.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2016, 18:38

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You missed the other layer of irony that pointing out simmons sucks is obvious in and of itself. Ironyception.

Ah, yet I do not subscribe to the theory that Simmons sucks. I have far too much respect for myself to put a shit tonne of effort into pretending to hate him.

chrisco wrote:This thread is sending no one to the burn unit.

Oh good. You're here.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2016, 18:53

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Ah, yet I do not subscribe to the theory that Simmons sucks. I have far too much respect for myself to put a shit tonne of effort into pretending to hate him.

I respect your willingness to defend this idiot, but the whole "everybody secretly loves bill and wants to be his best friend" shtick is pretty weak. Maybe not more so than comically exaggerating my annoyance at the things bill says, but at least it's somewhat rooted in reality.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2016, 18:55

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I respect your willingness to defend this idiot, but the whole "everybody secretly loves bill and wants to be his best friend" shtick is pretty weak. Maybe not more so than comically exaggerating my annoyance at the things bill says, but at least it's somewhat rooted in reality.

Please, I couldn't last five minutes in the same room as his whiny, thin skinned, sniveling trust fund ass, but that doesnt mean I don't still enjoy his writing.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2016, 19:25

So you enjoy his writing, fine. Many people do, even those that acknowledge his flaws. But I resent the implication that everybody who doesn't like him is just pretending to look cool. That's just stupid.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 May 2016, 22:37

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

lawllllllllllllllllll fantastic

but you're smart; don't break up the Hawks. Horford, Millsap, Teague, Shroaedreror, Kent, Scott, and fucking Korver is the SupermanKerr, and...well yeah they gotta improve a bit on the rest, but shit, #TWolvesfan I'd kill for that sorta consistency and potential. Just cause they got swept by Bron and Co., eh. And a Celtics fan shouldn't be the one to make that point, got ya, good, true. But he's a dick. Don't subjugate yourself to that level.

Big fan of the Hawks and they don't deserve the desegregation from the Cure oh mygoddwhatagreatablumright?! But Atlanta has something and hopefully they keep it together.

*Duncan retires after this year
**Horford signs with the Spurs
***Atlanta is doooooooooooooomed. Poor Bastards. Horfard is a legit top 15 player and dear god, they better keep him. And they won't.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Theny » 09 May 2016, 22:50

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

but you're smart; don't break up the Hawks. Horford, Millsap, Teague, Shroaedreror, Kent, Scott, and fucking Korver is the SupermanKerr, and...well yeah they gotta improve a bit on the rest, but shit, #TWolvesfan I'd kill for that sorta consistency and potential. Just cause they got swept by Bron and Co., eh. And a Celtics fan shouldn't be the one to make that point, got ya, good, true. But he's a dick. Don't subjugate yourself to that level.

Big fan of the Hawks and they don't deserve the desegregation from the Cure oh mygoddwhatagreatablumright?! But Atlanta has something and hopefully they keep it together.

***Atlanta is doooooooooooooomed. Poor Bastards. Horfard is a legit top 15 player and dear god, they better keep him. And they won't.

Stop stealing lukewarm taeks from Zach Lowe plz.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 May 2016, 22:53

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Stop stealing lukewarm taeks from Zach Lowe plz.

D'ok.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 09 May 2016, 23:15

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You're acting like Horford/Durant/Conley to the Knicks for 2/3 of the max each and Central Asian robot hookers under the table isn't already a done deal. How naive.

Atlanta will be too cheap to pay Horford the max, I think. Their goal is to make the second-round every year without spending too much, and they are a great business operation. But they've only paid the tax once since 2003 (when they went "all-in" with Theo Ratliff, Shareefer, and Glenn Robinson and won 35 games nice going guys), and they immediately traded Joe Johnson to get back under. Does Horford take a hometown discount? I don't see it, honestly, but that's just pure speculation on my part.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 May 2016, 05:24

Yeah, you guys are right. Don't break this team of gutty, gritty players up. Atlanta showed true guile and that they have made the leap and know the secret and aren't the same old Atlana Hawk teams of yore because they steamrolled an overrated and overmatched Celtics team.

lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllll. Did I do that right?

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NBA