No Wins Til Brooklyn: The Nets

Re: No Wins Til Brooklyn: The Nets

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Jun 2017, 15:46

brooklyn should sign nick young, now that he's opted out of his laker contract. get the band back together. it will be fun.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Jew Jitsu » 22 Jun 2017, 19:04

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Don't you have back to back number one picks?

I was gonna say that, but since they had to trade to get this one it doesn't fit his narrative of the league rigging the lottery.

Didn't stop anyone from bitching about the Cavs draft picks while lebron was gone

ION think I complained about that, IIRC. I felt bad for your city. I hate when players bolt shit cities like that for destination cities or teams.

I am saying the Lakers are probably the #1 glamour franchise of the league, in gorgeous Los Angeles where athletes can do the Jimmy Kimmel show any time they want. They getting F/As when they want them. They dont need #2 picks in the draft every year. Know what i am saying?

You're right. You're one of the good ones. I didn't have you in mind when I made that comment
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 22 Jun 2017, 19:11

Balls' persecution complex like Philly is Sacramento is funny to me.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Jan 2018, 13:00

I'm late to the party here but that Nets pick isn't gonna be top 7ish. They're actually a decent professional basketball team. The Atkinson dude knows what he's doing.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 31 Jan 2018, 23:12

As foretold in the SB, I was in attendance for tonight's closely contested Nets/Sixers tiff at the Barclays. Notes:

- The Nets alleged homecourt advantage is pathetic. I think most people, like me, were there because they wanted to see the Sixers young guns and didn't want to pay MSG prices.
The arena was minimum 90% full, decent number of Philly fans but by no means overwhelming, and still barely any cheering for the Nets. I mean it's hard to get excited about these guys, but far worse Knicks teams will always get the crowd into it.

- Everything Balls says about Brett Brown is true. I've seen more sophisticated offensive sets in pickup games. Their defense is basically "hope like hell they miss and Embiid gets the rebound". They should have won this game by 15 in a walk.

- De'Angelo Russell continues to blow ass. But whenever he scores, they have an audio drop of Jay-Z saying "D'Angelo" from Dirt off Your Shoulder. So that's nice. [Note: Jay rhymed D'Angelo with Los Angeles. Because he's a genius, you see].

- Holy hell, Simmons is good. Those flick shots around the rim are a thing of beauty. Did try to force it a bit in crunchtime. If only he had a coach who could imagine plays and then have the ability to explain and diagram them for his players.

-Embiid is one of the 5 laziest players in NBA history. And he flops every single time he touches the ball. And he takes garbage-time caliber 3's when the outcome of the game is still in doubt. And of course he ended up with like 30-15, and I would kill to have him on my team. He's a animal. If only he had a coach who could imagine plays and then have the ability to explain and diagram them for his players.

- Balls asked for my Spencer Dinwiddie TAEK and here it is: He's like a poor man's [smaller] Joe Johnson. Think about it! He's skilled, quick off the dribble, can get into the lane and finish with floaters, not a great athlete, but gets by with craftiness. He was unstoppable down the stretch tn.

- Demarre Carroll was never anything special, but he's approaching the Gerald Wallace on the Celtics phase of his career. Tough to watch.

- Jahlil Okafor will never amount to anything in the NBA.

- Dario Saric is the guy I appreciate much more in person. He plays really hard.

- When Robert Covington was shooting a free throw, somebody in my section shouted "YOU'RE OVERRATED!". I thought that was hilarious for some reason. Maybe you had to be there.

- Most popular jersey in the stands was a tie between Wentz and Foles. Fewer Iverson jerseys than I expected. There was one late 20's/early 30's couple where the guy had a Wilt Chamberlain Sixers Jersey (?) and the girl was rocking a TJ McConnell. Some over-dancing weirdo wore a Petrovic jersey in the Nets black and white style. It was disturbing.

That's it. I will think of something tomorrow morning and probably not post it.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 31 Jan 2018, 23:16

On your last bullet point... Wentz/Foles were tied for the most popular football jersey? The most popular Eagles jersey? The most popular Philly jersey? Or were those literally the most popular jerseys at a basketball game in Brooklyn?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 31 Jan 2018, 23:18

TheWolf wrote:On your last bullet point... Wentz/Foles were tied for the most popular football jersey? The most popular Eagles jersey? The most popular Philly jersey? Or were those literally the most popular jerseys at a basketball game in Brooklyn?

This. Hopefully you now realize that my first bullet point is not in any way an exaggeration.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 31 Jan 2018, 23:22

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:On your last bullet point... Wentz/Foles were tied for the most popular football jersey? The most popular Eagles jersey? The most popular Philly jersey? Or were those literally the most popular jerseys at a basketball game in Brooklyn?

This. Hopefully you now realize that my first bullet point is not in any way an exaggeration.

Interesting. I do now realize that. That's pathetic af.

Also, I haven't watched more than like 8 minutes of continuous NBA action in several years, so i don't understand the majority of your post and don't even know who some of these people are, but for some reason I enjoyed it. Good job, I think.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby PhillyJim76 » 01 Feb 2018, 07:11

Damn DTF I don’t have much to counter on that. Brett shows me nothing
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Feb 2018, 07:24

Good stuff. Thank you for the Brett Acknowledgment. Sixers fans like him bc he stuck it out in the tank seasons. Great, he still can’t coach. They get no stops on defense, and can’t draw anything up on offense. At least they’re starting to limit turnovers.

Great preview of Dinwiddie. I think that guy is a building block!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Previous

Return to NBA