No Wins Til Brooklyn: The Nets

Re: No Wins Til Brooklyn: The Nets

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Dec 2016, 12:38

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Dec 2016, 12:40

Maybe the Nets shouldn't be associated with "chauffeur" and "shootaround" in the same headline.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Mar 2017, 10:11

'sup?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 21 Jun 2017, 05:24

Who would've guessed that secretly recording his teammate and putting it on the internet would wind up getting d'angelo Russell dumped on Brooklyn for nothing the next year :? . Wonder if he'll get accepted by his new teammates...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Jun 2017, 07:53

Dr Jeckyll wrote:Who would've guessed that secretly recording his teammate and putting it on the internet would wind up getting d'angelo Russell dumped on Brooklyn for nothing the next year :? . Wonder if he'll get accepted by his new teammates...

You left out the part where he hasn't lived up to being the #2 pick in the draft and he's about the be replaced by a much better version of himself. you also left out a gratuitous shot at Trump critics.

that said, I think it's a good move for BK. Russell, for all my criticisms of him, is still only 21 and has two years left on his rookie contract. He could use a fresh start and does have some skills.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Jun 2017, 07:56

Many, many audible laughs at you chastising someone for taking gratuitous shots.

NO ONE DENIES THIS, FACKIN GUY
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 21 Jun 2017, 07:59

Gregs Kite wrote:Many, many audible laughs at you chastising someone for taking gratuitous shots.

I'm constantly taking shots at "trump critics" in non-political threads, can see why he would be on guard about that...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Jun 2017, 08:10

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Many, many audible laughs at you chastising someone for taking gratuitous shots.

I'm constantly taking shots at "trump critics" in non-political threads, can see why he would be on guard about that...

chastise...on guard...it was just a mild joke at your expense. do you agree with me on d'angelo?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 21 Jun 2017, 08:19

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

chastise...on guard...it was just a mild joke at your expense. do you agree with me on d'angelo?

Yes I do. The fact that he is talented and they gave him up for so little made me think the friction with his teammates played a part in it. And honestly you know a lot more about the NBA than me so I would defer to you about individual players, somewhat disappointing but still talented seems accurate.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Jun 2017, 20:07

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

Yes I do. The fact that he is talented and they gave him up for so little made me think the friction with his teammates played a part in it. And honestly you know a lot more about the NBA than me so I would defer to you about individual players, somewhat disappointing but still talented seems accurate.

To use an unnecessary Simmons-y analogy...you know somebody will complain about some girl they're seeing, and the complaints can be 100% valid, but you can't help but think in the back of your mind "if she were 5-10% hotter, he wouldn't be complaining about this so much". I'm not saying the Nick Young incident isn't something teams are factoring in, I just think if he were really the caliber of player that the Dongs of the world seem to think, that wouldn't have hindered his trade value so much. Again, good pickup by BK and still has a lot of upside, but will never be the player some projected coming outta school IMO.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Jun 2017, 08:24

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

To use an unnecessary Simmons-y analogy...you know somebody will complain about some girl they're seeing, and the complaints can be 100% valid, but you can't help but think in the back of your mind "if she were 5-10% hotter, he wouldn't be complaining about this so much". I'm not saying the Nick Young incident isn't something teams are factoring in, I just think if he were really the caliber of player that the Dongs of the world seem to think, that wouldn't have hindered his trade value so much. Again, good pickup by BK and still has a lot of upside, but will never be the player some projected coming outta school IMO.

Am I accurate in stating that the Lakers have had the #2 pick three straight years?

Jesus Christ, Silver, at least mix in a 5 or 6 pick so as not to seem so rigged. Good lord.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Jew Jitsu » 22 Jun 2017, 09:27

Don't you have back to back number one picks?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 22 Jun 2017, 09:29

Jew Jitsu wrote:Don't you have back to back number one picks?

I was gonna say that, but since they had to trade to get this one it doesn't fit his narrative of the league rigging the lottery.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Jew Jitsu » 22 Jun 2017, 10:09

TheWolf wrote:

I was gonna say that, but since they had to trade to get this one it doesn't fit his narrative of the league rigging the lottery.

Didn't stop anyone from bitching about the Cavs draft picks while lebron was gone
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Jun 2017, 10:34

Jew Jitsu wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Didn't stop anyone from bitching about the Cavs draft picks while lebron was gone

ION think I complained about that, IIRC. I felt bad for your city. I hate when players bolt shit cities like that for destination cities or teams.

I am saying the Lakers are probably the #1 glamour franchise of the league, in gorgeous Los Angeles where athletes can do the Jimmy Kimmel show any time they want. They getting F/As when they want them. They dont need #2 picks in the draft every year. Know what i am saying?

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

PreviousNext

Return to NBA