Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Jan 2018, 12:57

Dthefritz wrote:Quiz: How many of these D G-League Player Names are made up?

Andrew Andrews, Cat Barber, Chance Comanche, Daniel Dingle, Fuquan Edwin, JeQuan Lewis, Dusty Hannahs, Je'Lon Hornbeak, Reggis Onwukamuche, Maksym Pustozvonov, Skylar Spencer, Craig Sword.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
none of them. h/t reddit

Je'Lon Hornbeak had a difficult time growing up in the Philippines being a Jewish black Muslim.

Actually heard of Dingle before. He makes it jingle.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Jan 2018, 13:01

Cat Barber is the only one I remember from college. I assume Daniel Dingle is Dana Dingle's son (true UMass fans know what I mean).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Jan 2018, 13:17

Briandong79 wrote:Cat Barber is the only one I remember from college. I assume Daniel Dingle is Dana Dingle's son (true UMass fans know what I mean).

I know Cat Barber! I really hope he gets a break in the NBA at some point. CJ Williams was a much lesser talent coming out of college and is getting run with the Clippers now.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 04 Jan 2018, 13:19

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Cat Barber is the only one I remember from college. I assume Daniel Dingle is Dana Dingle's son (true UMass fans know what I mean).

I know Cat Barber! I really hope he gets a break in the NBA at some point. CJ Williams was a much lesser talent coming out of college and is getting run with the Clippers now.

I know Cat Barber!

He won't get in.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Jan 2018, 16:10

Craig Sword was Alabama's Mr. Basketball a few years back.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 04 Jan 2018, 16:44

JichaelDick wrote:Craig Sword was Alabama's Mr. Basketball a few years back.

It began with a bloody 'S'!
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Jan 2018, 18:35

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Je'Lon Hornbeak had a difficult time growing up in the Philippines being a Jewish black Muslim.

He's a Muslim...JEW. BJS know what I mean.

Related: Was Boogie Cousins given this award, or did they give it to someone else out of spite, as with his spiritual father Zach Randolph?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 04 Jan 2018, 18:38

Craig Sword is easily the best name on there.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Jan 2018, 18:55

DtheFritz wrote:

Related: Was Boogie Cousins given this award, or did they give it to someone else out of spite, as with his spiritual father Zach Randolph?

Kerron Johnson, the older brother of Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson (yes, those names are right) got it over he AND Eric Bledsoe.

Cousins was NOT popular in Alabama HS basketball circles. Leavung your high school in Birmingham because you tried to assault a bus driver, then transferring to a school in Mobile (250 miles away) that had won the state title the year before didn't help.

To be fair, I have some hot taeks on him.
Last edited by JichaelDick on 04 Jan 2018, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 04 Jan 2018, 18:57

JichaelDick wrote:

Kerron Johnson, the older brother of Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson (yes, those names are right) got it over he AND Eric Bledsoe.

Cousins was NOT popular in Alabama HS basketball circles. To be fair, I have some hot taeks on him.

let's hear them. did he ever call you a fat fucking retard, philip rivers style?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Jan 2018, 19:00

mj3528 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

Cousins was NOT popular in Alabama HS basketball circles. To be fair, I have some hot taeks on him.

let's hear them. did he ever call you a fat fucking retard, philip rivers style?[/quote]

No, but his senior year, his LeFlore Rattlers played Eric Bledsoe's Parker Thundering Herd in the state semifinals in Birmingham. Bledsoe had a good game, Cousins didn't, then he fouled out, got a tech, and literally sat on the court for like 2 minutes. I made a comment that Bledsoe, not Cousins, was the stud from Alabama Calipari wanted at Memphis (later Kentucky, obviously).
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Jan 2018, 19:04

JichaelDick wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
DtheFritz wrote:

let's hear them. did he ever call you a fat fucking retard, philip rivers style?

No, but his senior year, his LeFlore Rattlers played Eric Bledsoe's Parker Thundering Herd in the state semifinals in Birmingham. Bledsoe had a good game, Cousins didn't, then he fouled out, got a tech, and literally sat on the court for like 2 minutes. I made a comment that Bledsoe, not Cousins, was the stud from Alabama Calipari wanted at Memphis (later Kentucky, obviously).

Ha! Such a Cousins move.

To your other point, as good as he was in college, and presumably high school, I never thought he'd be this good in the NBA.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby PhillyJim76 » 09 Jan 2018, 14:30

So Craig Sager turns out to be a cunt.

https://deadspin.com/craig-sagers-will- ... 1821827463
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby mj3528 » 09 Jan 2018, 14:39

PhillyJim76 wrote:So Craig Sager turns out to be a cunt.

Eh, families are weird.

sounds like the kids are blaming the new wife.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Goose » 09 Jan 2018, 14:52

PhillyJim76 wrote:So Craig Sager turns out to be a cunt.

Maybe the kids were the cunts. Maybe they never came to visit. Maybe they took their mom's side. I wouldn't judge him based only on who he left his money to.

The second wife had to suck Craig Sager's dick. His old, cancer-ridden remis. She probably earned every penny.

And who knows, maybe he spent all his money on experimental cancer cures and left her with a huge mortgage and a closet full of ugly suits.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to NBA