Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 18 Sep 2017, 12:53

CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:What's the statement?

That there isn't any statement?


These guesses are as good as any. I'll posit that the statement is "More jersey options to sell to gullible idiots."


I accept your position.

I second that emotion


You feel like loving me?

Only if you got the notion


So, you feel like giving me a lifetime of devotion?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby mj3528 » 19 Sep 2017, 10:57

Interesting article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20747413/a-confidential-report-shows-nearly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

Lakers are terrible and make the most money in the league and the Grizzlies are a model franchise making the play-offs consistently and lose money. What a sport!
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9328
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby mister bacon » 21 Sep 2017, 15:54

mj3528 wrote:Interesting article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20747413/a-confidential-report-shows-nearly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

Lakers are terrible and make the most money in the league and the Grizzlies are a model franchise making the play-offs consistently and lose money. What a sport!


it's bullshit. they have negotiations coming up with cities on stadium renovations and they release this propaganda as an opening salvo in negotiation to get the public and idiot media on their side. they "lose" money by marking contracts as assets with fixed costs but declining value. it's bullshit.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26405
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 21 Sep 2017, 15:56

mister bacon wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Interesting article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20747413/a-confidential-report-shows-nearly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

Lakers are terrible and make the most money in the league and the Grizzlies are a model franchise making the play-offs consistently and lose money. What a sport!


it's bullshit. they have negotiations coming up with cities on stadium renovations and they release this propaganda as an opening salvo in negotiation to get the public and idiot media on their side. they "lose" money by marking contracts as assets with fixed costs but declining value. it's bullshit.

Image
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12504
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Sep 2017, 16:07

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Interesting article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20747413/a-confidential-report-shows-nearly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

Lakers are terrible and make the most money in the league and the Grizzlies are a model franchise making the play-offs consistently and lose money. What a sport!


it's bullshit. they have negotiations coming up with cities on stadium renovations and they release this propaganda as an opening salvo in negotiation to get the public and idiot media on their side. they "lose" money by marking contracts as assets with fixed costs but declining value. it's bullshit.

Image


QQ, why are the raiders moving exactly. I watched some of their game last week, and that stadium has a ton of luxury boxes. Whats the deal, Spencer?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31097
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 21 Sep 2017, 16:53

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Interesting article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20747413/a-confidential-report-shows-nearly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

Lakers are terrible and make the most money in the league and the Grizzlies are a model franchise making the play-offs consistently and lose money. What a sport!


it's bullshit. they have negotiations coming up with cities on stadium renovations and they release this propaganda as an opening salvo in negotiation to get the public and idiot media on their side. they "lose" money by marking contracts as assets with fixed costs but declining value. it's bullshit.

Image


QQ, why are the raiders moving exactly. I watched some of their game last week, and that stadium has a ton of luxury boxes. Whats the deal, Spencer?


They still play on clay.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30591
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Sep 2017, 17:28

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Interesting article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20747413/a-confidential-report-shows-nearly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

Lakers are terrible and make the most money in the league and the Grizzlies are a model franchise making the play-offs consistently and lose money. What a sport!


it's bullshit. they have negotiations coming up with cities on stadium renovations and they release this propaganda as an opening salvo in negotiation to get the public and idiot media on their side. they "lose" money by marking contracts as assets with fixed costs but declining value. it's bullshit.

Image

But but but those greedy players! It's their fault for trying to get competitive bids on their salaries! What tools do the owners have at their disposal to keep costs down other than fixed rookie contracts, restricted free agency and a salary cap system? They're the real victims in all this.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Sep 2017, 10:41

Some ideas to better the league

Put Revenue-Sharing Penalties on Repeat Tankers


That idea especially.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Oct 2017, 09:23

Zach Lowe's top 15 league pass teams

Hard to argue with the top 7
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Jew Jitsu » 03 Oct 2017, 09:55

This league starting again? Feels like we just got our asses kicked by the warriors
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 03 Oct 2017, 11:13

Jew Jitsu wrote:This league starting again? Feels like we just got our asses kicked by the warriors


Season starts earlier this year.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30591
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Oct 2017, 13:45

2017-2018 GM Survey

Which team will win the 2018 NBA Finals?

1. Golden State – 93%
2. Cleveland – 7%


Katz.

If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?

1. Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota – 29%
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 21%
3. LeBron James, Cleveland – 18%
4. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio – 14%
5. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 11%


Come again?

Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?

1. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 55%
2. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 34%
3. Kyrie Irving, Boston – 7%
4. LeBron James, Cleveland – 3%


League parity - it used to be just two teams!
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 04 Oct 2017, 16:39

Am I crazy or is that way too high for Giannis? He's not consistent enough yet. IMO.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30591
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Oct 2017, 16:49

Theny wrote:Am I crazy or is that way too high for Giannis? He's not consistent enough yet. IMO.

He's not going to lead you to the finals tomorrow, but given age and upside it's not a crazy pick. Wouldn't put him at #2 doe.

The Kristappening is coming for all the non believers.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 04 Oct 2017, 16:59

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:Am I crazy or is that way too high for Giannis? He's not consistent enough yet. IMO.

He's not going to lead you to the finals tomorrow, but given age and upside it's not a crazy pick. Wouldn't put him at #2 doe.

The Kristappening is coming for all the non believers.


Yeah I'd put him ahead of G. Prolly AD as well.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30591
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

PreviousNext

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest