Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 May 2017, 13:37

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!

Image
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30211
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 19 May 2017, 14:35

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!


I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30223
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 14:54

Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!


I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.

You could make a case for Towns or Whiteside, but as you guys shriek at me every single year, the All-NBA team gives more weight to guys on winning teams.

Y'all are also underestimating how valuable Jordan is. Whiteside is a better rim protector, but DAJ's a much better switch defender on the perimeter and I think on balance that makes him more valuable on balance as a defensive player. He's also not a dumbass who tries to do too much on offense.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 20 May 2017, 15:45

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!


I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.

You could make a case for Towns or Whiteside, but as you guys shriek at me every single year, the All-NBA team gives more weight to guys on winning teams.

Y'all are also underestimating how valuable Jordan is. Whiteside is a better rim protector, but DAJ's a much better switch defender on the perimeter and I think on balance that makes him more valuable on balance as a defensive player. He's also not a dumbass who tries to do too much on offense.


Only because he's the worst free throw shooter ever.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30223
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 15:54

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!


I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.

You could make a case for Towns or Whiteside, but as you guys shriek at me every single year, the All-NBA team gives more weight to guys on winning teams.

Y'all are also underestimating how valuable Jordan is. Whiteside is a better rim protector, but DAJ's a much better switch defender on the perimeter and I think on balance that makes him more valuable on balance as a defensive player. He's also not a dumbass who tries to do too much on offense.


Only because he's the worst free throw shooter ever.

I hate to invoke Shaq, because obviously Jordan is nowhere near the player he was, but FT% is not the be all end all. True, Whiteside is setting the world on fire with his 61% free throw rate, but he's also named after the infidel prophet's grandson. Therefore, if you hate DeAndre Jordan you hate America.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 20 May 2017, 16:11

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!


I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.

You could make a case for Towns or Whiteside, but as you guys shriek at me every single year, the All-NBA team gives more weight to guys on winning teams.

Y'all are also underestimating how valuable Jordan is. Whiteside is a better rim protector, but DAJ's a much better switch defender on the perimeter and I think on balance that makes him more valuable on balance as a defensive player. He's also not a dumbass who tries to do too much on offense.


Only because he's the worst free throw shooter ever.

I hate to invoke Shaq, because obviously Jordan is nowhere near the player he was, but FT% is not the be all end all. True, Whiteside is setting the world on fire with his 61% free throw rate, but he's also named after the infidel prophet's grandson. Therefore, if you hate DeAndre Jordan you hate America.


Well, I do admire you caping up for Clippers no matter what.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30223
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 16:27

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!


I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.

You could make a case for Towns or Whiteside, but as you guys shriek at me every single year, the All-NBA team gives more weight to guys on winning teams.

Y'all are also underestimating how valuable Jordan is. Whiteside is a better rim protector, but DAJ's a much better switch defender on the perimeter and I think on balance that makes him more valuable on balance as a defensive player. He's also not a dumbass who tries to do too much on offense.


Only because he's the worst free throw shooter ever.

I hate to invoke Shaq, because obviously Jordan is nowhere near the player he was, but FT% is not the be all end all. True, Whiteside is setting the world on fire with his 61% free throw rate, but he's also named after the infidel prophet's grandson. Therefore, if you hate DeAndre Jordan you hate America.


Well, I do admire you caping up for Clippers no matter what.

I watch basketball and it annoys me when people say that good players aren't good. The Clippers have won 2 out of every 3 games over the past 5 years despite one of Paul/Griffin always being injured, and it's not because of JJ Reddick. Jordan is arguably the best defensive player in the league, and certainly no worse than 3rd, at the most critical defensive position. I think the fact that people are annoyed by the Clippers' on-court behavior and DeAndre's childish behavior during the whole Dallas affair, and that affects their perception of how good he is at basketball.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 20 May 2017, 18:09

Fair enough but I'd argue the only reason he gets all these props in the first place is because he plays on that high visibility (dysfunctional) team.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30223
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 May 2017, 18:20

Dthefritz wrote:I watch basketball and it annoys me when people say that good players aren't good.


Except if they play in Boston, then they're overrated and John Wall is better and President Stevens caused the crack epidemic in 1980s Washington DC.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22090
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 18:25

Theny wrote:Fair enough but I'd argue the only reason he gets all these props in the first place is because he plays on that high visibility (dysfunctional) team.

This is true, but IMO he deserves them.

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I watch basketball and it annoys me when people say that good players aren't good.


Except if they play in Boston, then they're overrated and John Wall is better and President Stevens caused the crack epidemic in 1980s Washington DC.

I never said Isiah Thomas is overrated. But please, go ahead and create whatever strawman is necessary to brag about your round 2 chip.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6949
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 May 2017, 18:30

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:Fair enough but I'd argue the only reason he gets all these props in the first place is because he plays on that high visibility (dysfunctional) team.

This is true, but IMO he deserves them.

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I watch basketball and it annoys me when people say that good players aren't good.


Except if they play in Boston, then they're overrated and John Wall is better and President Stevens caused the crack epidemic in 1980s Washington DC.

I never said Isiah Thomas is overrated. But please, go ahead and create whatever strawman is necessary to brag about your round 2 chip.


We already had the parade. We're on to Fultz Town.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22090
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Jun 2017, 10:15

Image
Image
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12076
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Goose » 12 Jun 2017, 07:59

Darius Miles ($62MM in career contract earnings) filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy last year.

He recently had all of his shit auctioned off to pay his creditors. Here's a partial list:

LeBron James signed jersey ($1,500)
Larry Bird signed jersey ($100)
AR15 firearm ($500)
Beretta Cx4 Storm gun ($400)
Self-contained karaoke machine ($75)
Dirk Nowitzki signed shoe ($375)
Lamar Odom signed shoe ($225)
5 VHS players (total of $21.50)

They even sold his toaster for $2.00

In total, Miles got $12,780 from the sale.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3266
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Jun 2017, 08:01

That Bird jersey was a steal for whomever got it.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22090
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby Theny » 12 Jun 2017, 08:16

Didn't put the Coolidge education to good use I see.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30223
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

PreviousNext

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests