Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The NBA Edition

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 May 2017, 13:37

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Theny » 19 May 2017, 14:35

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:DeMar and DeAndre were egregious. Both should be on the 6th or 7th team. DAJ was only on 28% of the ballots. And who voted Kawhi 3rd Team?!

I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 14:54

Theny wrote:

I was quite annoyed at Deandre as well. Towns or Whiteside should've been there. Jordan sucks balls.

You could make a case for Towns or Whiteside, but as you guys shriek at me every single year, the All-NBA team gives more weight to guys on winning teams.

Y'all are also underestimating how valuable Jordan is. Whiteside is a better rim protector, but DAJ's a much better switch defender on the perimeter and I think on balance that makes him more valuable on balance as a defensive player. He's also not a dumbass who tries to do too much on offense.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 20 May 2017, 15:45

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:

You could make a case for Towns or Whiteside, but as you guys shriek at me every single year, the All-NBA team gives more weight to guys on winning teams.

Y'all are also underestimating how valuable Jordan is. Whiteside is a better rim protector, but DAJ's a much better switch defender on the perimeter and I think on balance that makes him more valuable on balance as a defensive player. He's also not a dumbass who tries to do too much on offense.

Only because he's the worst free throw shooter ever.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 15:54

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:

I hate to invoke Shaq, because obviously Jordan is nowhere near the player he was, but FT% is not the be all end all. True, Whiteside is setting the world on fire with his 61% free throw rate, but he's also named after the infidel prophet's grandson. Therefore, if you hate DeAndre Jordan you hate America.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 20 May 2017, 16:11

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:

I hate to invoke Shaq, because obviously Jordan is nowhere near the player he was, but FT% is not the be all end all. True, Whiteside is setting the world on fire with his 61% free throw rate, but he's also named after the infidel prophet's grandson. Therefore, if you hate DeAndre Jordan you hate America.

Well, I do admire you caping up for Clippers no matter what.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 16:27

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:

Well, I do admire you caping up for Clippers no matter what.

I watch basketball and it annoys me when people say that good players aren't good. The Clippers have won 2 out of every 3 games over the past 5 years despite one of Paul/Griffin always being injured, and it's not because of JJ Reddick. Jordan is arguably the best defensive player in the league, and certainly no worse than 3rd, at the most critical defensive position. I think the fact that people are annoyed by the Clippers' on-court behavior and DeAndre's childish behavior during the whole Dallas affair, and that affects their perception of how good he is at basketball.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 20 May 2017, 18:09

Fair enough but I'd argue the only reason he gets all these props in the first place is because he plays on that high visibility (dysfunctional) team.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 May 2017, 18:20

Dthefritz wrote:I watch basketball and it annoys me when people say that good players aren't good.

Except if they play in Boston, then they're overrated and John Wall is better and President Stevens caused the crack epidemic in 1980s Washington DC.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 18:25

Theny wrote:Fair enough but I'd argue the only reason he gets all these props in the first place is because he plays on that high visibility (dysfunctional) team.

This is true, but IMO he deserves them.

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I watch basketball and it annoys me when people say that good players aren't good.

Except if they play in Boston, then they're overrated and John Wall is better and President Stevens caused the crack epidemic in 1980s Washington DC.

I never said Isiah Thomas is overrated. But please, go ahead and create whatever strawman is necessary to brag about your round 2 chip.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 May 2017, 18:30

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:Fair enough but I'd argue the only reason he gets all these props in the first place is because he plays on that high visibility (dysfunctional) team.

This is true, but IMO he deserves them.

Gregs Kite wrote:

I never said Isiah Thomas is overrated. But please, go ahead and create whatever strawman is necessary to brag about your round 2 chip.

We already had the parade. We're on to Fultz Town.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Previous

Return to NBA